Jackson enjoys sights and ambience in Dubai

xiena

Jackson enjoys sights and ambience in Dubai

By Daniel Bardsley, Staff Reporter

Dubai: It's official! He's here.
Michael Jackson, the king of pop, has been wowing his fans in Dubai and has pledged his first visit definitely will not be his last.

Jackson tours the main sights in the city and is said to be considering buying property in one
of the new developments.

The megastar has toured the main sights in the city and is said to be mulling over whether to buy a property in one of the cutting-edge new developments.

Jackson has also enjoyed a bite at the Hard Rock Café and the Burj Al Arab.

Those accompanying the singer said he made no complaints about the heat despite visiting during August.

Jackson flew into Dubai about a week ago, accompanied by Shaikh Abdullah Ben Hamed Al Khalifa, son of the King of Bahrain.

He was staying in Bahrain before coming to Dubai. Jackson is touring Dubai with UAE champion rally driver Mohammad Ben Sulayem.

Ben Sulayem yesterday told Gulf News Jackson was "a gentleman" who charmed all who met him including the many fans with whom he has posed for pictures.

"Everybody knew who he was and he was so nice to them all. He had the time to talk and take pictures and shake hands.

"We said to him: Please Michael, we have to go, but he carried on. He was incredibly polite.

"We know all about his music and his incredible career, but not many people realise what a genuinely nice person he is. He's very pleasant to be with. He's a gentleman," he said.

The pop megastar took time off with fans, chatting with them and posing for photographs during his visit to Dubai.

Contrary to Jackson's reputation for eccentricity he is sometimes known as Wacko Jacko Ben Sulayem said the chart star was normal and down-to-earth.

He said Jackson, whose hits include Billy Jean, Beat It, Thriller and Black Or White, even chose a dish off the standard menu during his visit to the Hard Rock Café.

"Definitely the guy is a normal human being like us. He eats the same things as everyone else I think he's more normal than most people.

"For him to come and see Dubai at the worst time in the middle of the hottest spell and still like it is good. It's a great achievement. We were complaining about the temperature but he wasn't," Ben Sulayem told Gulf News.

Jackson chatted with staff at the offices of developer Nakheel before taking a boat trip to The World and The Palm projects.

Michael with UAE champion rally driver Mohammad Ben Sulayem (right) and son of the King of Bahrain, Shaikh Abdullah Bin Hamad Al Khalifa.

"He had heard that some amazing developments were taking place here, but he was still astonished to see the scale of the expansion and particular projects like The World and The Palm Jumeirah. He liked the area. It's very peaceful," Bin Sulayem said.

Ben Sulayem said Jacko had not come to Dubai to buy property although it was possible he could secure a place in the future.

He added that Jackson was staying at a private residence rather than in one of Dubai's luxury hotels.

"He is still in Dubai for a few more days. He wants to see more of the city. And we would like him to come back when the temperature is more reasonable," Ben Sulayem said yesterday.

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/NationNF....rticleID=179215

am sooooo excited!!!!! :tooexcite

He's gorgeous.. The hair, the fedora, and his beautiful smile :pacifier

I still can't blv that he's here, I luv Dubai :D.. I'll try 2 post larger pix from today's newspaper later

HeavenSent

Good God, Michael is about to give me heart palpitations! :tooexcite

He looks better than good, he looks AMAZING!. Awwww!

Originally posted by HeavenSent
Good God, Michael is about to give me heart palpitations! :tooexcite

He's looks better than good, he looks AMAZING!. Awwww!

You are sooo right about that Carla. :tooexcite :lol: Dayum, he looks soo much better now and damn, I was just thinking about the fedora the other day!!!! :tooexcite

MJsbadgirl89

Roni looks like you got your wish huh lol!!!!!!!!
man he looks better than good the mans on fire!!!!!
he's so hot, and he looks so relaxed!!!!!!
I am so happy and excited for MJ! I can't wait to see more pics of him! how nice!!!!!!!!
to excited for my own good, and I love the fedora, I've missed it!

HeavenSent

Ben Sulayem yesterday told Gulf News Jackson was "a gentleman" who charmed all who met him including the many fans with whom he has posed for pictures.
That's my baby :D :D A charmer!

I'm soooo happy he's enjoying himself.

A

Anonymous

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 90s mj is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beautiful.

ThrillerGirl_

Awww he looks amazing... better than amazing. Just wow...

First when I can across these pictures I thought they were from the history era.. :D Feels like we're going back in time here!

Words cannot describe how happy I feel right now, for Michael. He seems so peaceful and happy. That's all I wish for him. :)

Kanya

Back in time!...Michael has no doubt gone back upon the wings of time...Age is nothing but a number...I am certain that I will see him wearing one of those fine, soft, exquisite wool sweaters again, with denim pants, or slacks, as he was always fond of simple attire and simple life as a whole! He is the most normal, most humble creature...Always beautiful and he shall live forever and ever and ever...

And my favourite picture is when shooting the picture with those Arabian people who seem pleasant and gregarious, Michael wearing yellow...

ThrillerGirl_

0829_MJinDubai07.jpg

0829_MJinDubai08.jpg

Yep. The loafers are back too! :D

-JANIE-

Wow - Michael looks wonderful! He looks so happy and relaxed and at ease! It's so fantastic to seeing smiling like that!!

Is it my imagination or did he put on a few pounds too? I'm so pleased at seeing these pics!! That's really made my day!!

HeavenSent

I'm loving that he's been places none of will ever see and that he appears so at ease. I bet he's just a walking almanac/atlas/encyclopedia with all that traveling and meeting new people!

He deserves it.

And yes Janie, he looks like he's gaining weight quite nicely!

A

Anonymous

*big fat contented sigh*

Thank you Lord for giving us back a healthy Michael. :) Looks like the R&R is doing his body good.

-MyAngelMJ-

Thank you for posting the pics everyone. Michael looks at ease and is really happy. That made my day. The fedora and the loafers are back ... Woohooo ...