Jermaine on Larry King Updated: Vid + transcript

A

Anonymous

I saw that. :)

After watching that, I don't believe that Jermaine will sue.

LK: Are you going to sue?
Jermaine: *Stutter*...uh...maybe now that you mention it. Maybe it needs to happen.

Where the hell did the statment come from?

But that aside, I'm glad he went on there!

flomango

Argh! I'm too lazy to run downstairs to my TV :lol

I need a television in my room so badly :( (Stupid Vicky has a TV in her computer :glare: )

A

Anonymous

flomango said:
Argh! I'm too lazy to run downstairs to my TV :lol

I need a television in my room so badly :( (Stupid Vicky has a TV in her computer :glare: )
I actually don't . :)

tofdel1

There is a thread of everything that was said on the MJJ forum. He just denied the crap basically and said Mike was running on the beach and doing 300 situps or pushups a day??:D I can just imagine him.

minnie yu

thanks Whisper for that video..and its great to see Jer clear those romors, and he looks hot..i just notice Jer's voice is soosoo tender...

so happy to know Jer mentioned MIke..MIke is wonderful and gain weight..and...that's the best..:D

A

Anonymous

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO Running on the beach, doing 100 push ups a day.

LMAOOOOOOOOO. In WHOS imagination???

A

Anonymous

Because MJ said himself that he hated doing any kind of physical work out like areobics etc, and much preferred "dancing" over any of that.

And ... the idea of MJ doing push ups, just makes me laugh. :lol

danaluvsmj

I remember Michael saying that he hates excercising and only does if he's getting ready for something, and Jermaine implied that he is getting ready for something:wink

minnie yu

i want to read something about that shit book is banned, it can not be published..that shit writer need to be sent in prison, take legal action Jer..we canot see this happen to us again..those people canot stop their silly mind until they are banned and get what they deserve ...

shame on me..after reading those shit i am a lil down, glad to know Mike is running on the beach and work out and doing situps..aww...:8-26-03fruits_apple

nobody can stop our Mike..we do believe....waiting for our charity single..so many surprise is coming..xixiixi:8-26-03respect:

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that was before his body went through hell during the trial with back problems and probably dehydration and being under-weight. He may not like it, but he still may do it to strengthen himself.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
CNN LARRY KING LIVE

Interview With Jermaine Jackson; Update on Imette St. Guillen's Murder Investigation
Aired March 6, 2006 - 21:00 ET

LARRY KING, CNN HOST: Tonight, Jermaine Jackson, Michael's oldest brother, in his first TV interview on yesterday's reports that he plans a sensational tell-all book in which he'd write that he feared Michael might be guilty of child molestation but that he supported him because he thought Michael might commit suicide in prison.
And then, could there be a break in that gruesome Manhattan murder mystery that's captivated the whole country? Police today questioned a potential suspect, a bouncer at a downtown bar where a beautiful grad student was last seen alive just over a week ago before she was found hours later and miles away raped, murdered and mutilated.

We've got all the latest. It's all next on LARRY KING LIVE.

Good evening. Over the weekend, the "New York Daily News" ran a story claiming that Jermaine Jackson had planned a tell-all book. In it, the paper said he would reportedly tell readers that he feared his kid brother Michael was actually guilty of the child abuse charges against him.

The "Daily News" story also claimed that Jermaine's book would describe Michael as "an out of control drug and booze abuser with a calculated mean streak and a thing for young children."

Jermaine Jackson is here tonight and he says it's to set the record straight. OK, were you planning a book?

JERMAINE JACKSON: No, not a book to say these things, no.

KING: Were you planning any kind of book?

JACKSON: There is a book that I was shopping about three years ago called "Legacy" and the manuscript that I had was about five guys growing up in Gary, Indiana, which was the book which was going to lead into a musical but it was nothing of what's out there.

There's a whole other manuscript out there and this is -- I'm very, very upset because they were very interested in it and then they turned it down because there was no negativity. There was nothing of any sort of what's being said now.

KING: What did you make or how did you feel when you heard that story?

JACKSON: I was pissed off, very upset, very upset, Larry, because you know where my heart has been since day one. Michael's been 1,000 percent innocent. I have spoken from my heart. I've spoken the truth. And, for me to -- I mean this is not good for me. It's not good for the family and, no, it's all false. It's lies. It's lies, deliberate lies.

KING: Here's what they say. "After seeing the story himself, Michael threw a raging fit and made drastic threats so that shaken older sibling Jermaine pulled the plug on the book." In other words, Michael was so mad at you about the book that he went crazy and caused you to drop the book.

JACKSON: Not at all. Where is this coming from? Where is this coming from? See, I know there was a person and don't want to mention his name but he was supposed to have been a family friend and he has turned on the whole entire family.

Michael's people called me and they asked me was this true and I told them no and I sent them my manuscript, which is totally different from what was said. They traced an e-mail of a very ugly manuscript back to this person and I don't want to mention his name but...

KING: Was he supposed to be a ghost writer for you?

JACKSON: He was supposed to have been the writer for the "Legacy" book, which is just -- it's about our childhood and growing up, nothing negative or anything. That's why they passed on my book because I had nothing ugly to say.

KING: Is there another book out there that's false?

JACKSON: I don't have any idea. I'm here just to clear my name. There is no book about Michael, no negativity. I stand behind him 1,000 percent, like I said, since day one and he's still that wonderful person that he's always been.

KING: We spoke with ghost writer Stacy Brown who said there was a book proposal out there more than two years ago called "Legacy" and that it came to an end when Michael found out about it.

JACKSON: No, it did not come to an end when Michael found out about it. It came to an end when someone, like himself, was putting out a whole other manuscript that wasn't telling the truth, going behind my back. And, I say it again, Michael's people called him and they told me they traced an e-mail back to him.

KING: To you knowledge does someone have a manuscript out there purported to be by you damaging to Michael?

JACKSON: I don't know. I'm just hearing this but I...

KING: You've never seen such a manuscript?

JACKSON: I've never seen such a manuscript but I'm saying things -- my saying that I said this and that and that's not true. They could have put it out there through someone else and they're hiding behind someone else.

KING: OK. Michele Caruso (ph), who wrote the story, says she stands by it.

JACKSON: She stands by it. Who is that?

KING: She's the writer of the story so she stands by her source I guess.

JACKSON: Well, can I tell you something?

KING: She's with the "New York Daily News."

JACKSON: She's wrong. She stands by it because nothing, nothing positive is going to sell. Listen, why would I -- why would I defend my brother like I did and stand by him all this time, then all of a sudden come out with something that's just so stupid?

It's crazy. We're a strong family, Larry, and they don't want to see that and I am sick and tired, I am tired of people saying things and saying that I've said things. Michael and this family are very close. Michael's doing fine. We are rebuilding.

We are getting back to our lives and we got a lot of good things in store and this is just to separate and tear down what we're trying to come back with, which is good music with great messages and to give love to the world. That's what we do. I am...

KING: Was Harper Collins the publisher that you had taken it to?

JACKSON: We had spoken to them and they acted like that they were very excited. I have the original manuscript that's totally different from what's out there and all of a sudden I get a call that they were not going to go with it which I don't have no idea why.

KING: And that's -- well maybe it's because it was too kind there. There was nothing controversial in it right?

JACKSON: Yes, but this is, Larry, this is -- this is a book that's going to be depicted from a musical and I'm really, really shocked that this is out there because this was old news way, way back and it was put aside but then someone came...

KING: You mean the original book?

JACKSON: Yes, but someone came back and they just brought all this up again which is not good.

KING: I just want to get through this. According to the original "Daily News" report, the book proposal says that Jermaine feared his kid brother Michael might be guilty of child molestation but backed him at the trial because he thought the pop star would commit suicide."

JACKSON: Larry, you're asking me that? Now you know as well as I know...

KING: I'm just telling you what they're saying.

JACKSON: Don't tell me what they said. Give me facts because that's not true. That's not true. I was here in this studio telling you how I felt. You felt me. You believe me. The world believed me. Michael has never been guilty of anything.

KING: Yes, one would say it would be hard to believe that you would turn on your brother.

JACKSON: Please.

KING: According to the Daily News, "The tell-all outline shopped to publishers weeks after Michael's arrest. Jermaine described his brother as sometimes out of control, drug and booze abuser, calculating mean streak and a thing for young children." Where on earth did that come from?

JACKSON: I'll tell you what there are some sick people out there and they saw my love and my support for my family and Michael and they want to use me and I'm the wrong one to use because I talk and I'm speaking now. That's all lies and I'm just shocked that no one from the "New York Post" or anybody -- they know how to get in touch with my family.

KING: "New York News."

JACKSON: Oh, for the "New York News" they know how to get in touch with us. Why didn't somebody verify?

KING: You were never called for...

JACKSON: Nothing, nothing, because it sells especially when it comes to something that's so prefabricated about us. I'm just saying this. Michael went through so much. Who's going to give him his life back? Who's going to give him back what he lost as just a person, a person?

I mean he's still trying to rebuild his life back, not just Michael, the family, our children, everybody. People don't realize what we went through and to just to create more lies. Leave us alone. Let us do what we know how to do but leave us alone.

KING: The "New York Daily News" never called you for a comment? They did not call you?

JACKSON: No.

KING: The eight-page proposal, according to the News, lists Michael's preferred substances as Vicodin, Demerol, Codeine, Percocet, cocaine, Jack Daniels and wine.

JACKSON: Well, I'll tell you what, that's not Michael Jackson. They're talking about someone else.

KING: And there's no such thing to your knowledge as an eight- page proposal of a book that contained anything like this?

JACKSON: None.

KING: OK.

JACKSON: Not coming from Jermaine Jackson, no.

KING: And this Stacy Brown is that a man or a woman?

JACKSON: He's a man.

KING: He wrote the first book right?

JACKSON: There was no book written. He was going to...

KING: I mean I thought he wrote "Legacy."

JACKSON: No, he was going to be the ghost writer of "Legacy" but I started feeling certain things from him. It changed and that's when we broke off the relationship and I just mean the whole family. And then he would say things.

When you spoke to me from the Middle East he would say things because I was watching you guys back here in the news and everything, he was saying things that would leave the people thinking that Michael's guilty in this. I said "Why is Stacy saying these things?" He knows the truth.

KING: Do you think he is responsible for this eight-page outline?

JACKSON: I would say he had something to do with it, yes.

KING: We'll take a break and be right back with Jermaine Jackson. Don't go away.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

KING: We're back with Jermaine Jackson. According to the "Daily News" the book proposal was written by Stacy Brown, who you called an opportunist right?

JACKSON: If that's what you want to call him, yes.

KING: They quote you as saying you called him an opportunist.

JACKSON: Yes.

KING: The proposal said that...

JACKSON: That was a wrong quote. I've never called him...

KING: You never said it?

JACKSON: ...an opportunist, no, but see that's the facts but he is probably all of that and more, to befriend us and then do this. KING: So, he's faked this book which is not true under your name?

JACKSON: Yes. He did a book with Bob Jones, if you recall that didn't do well and that was another betrayal and I -- I just -- do you know what -- just like I said before I come here to talk about this stuff and I really don't like to do this. I like to talk about good things.

KING: Well, naturally.

KING: Are you going to sue him?

JACKSON: That's not a bad idea. Well, do you know what, maybe that needs to happen because then that will show, tell people to leave us alone really.

KING: You could sue him.

JACKSON: That's just terrible.

KING: And the "Daily News."

JACKSON: Well, I'll tell you I will talk to my legal people and we will come with the best decision.

KING: This even says that according -- this is according to the Daily News, "Michael hates the Jews...

JACKSON: That is (INAUDIBLE).

KING: ...because he thinks Hollywood mogul Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen stole the idea of DreamWorks, including the boy on the moon logo from him."

JACKSON: I'll tell you what, see this is somebody trying to destroy and they're very vicious lies. We don't -- we weren't raised to hate any race, any nationality of people, so it's not true. It's not true at all. This stuff is -- is -- why would they pick the Jews? Why wasn't it the Cubans or the -- or the Russians, why the Jews?

KING: But, boy, there's a lot of stuff in here and if it's not true you can go...

JACKSON: It's thick. It's thick. I'm going to have a good time going after somebody.

KING: Allegations that he and -- that his and Michael's father Joseph would be in prison if the mother hadn't protected him.

JACKSON: Ah, see, Larry please, please.

KING: You were writing about your dad engaging young Michael in late night hotel room meetings with important business people and wondered whether something happened to Michael at those sessions.

JACKSON: Larry, please.

KING: This is tough stuff.

JACKSON: This is crazy stuff. Can you not read anymore please...

KING: OK, we're almost done.

JACKSON: ...because people are listening to this stuff and it's sick. It is very sick and they -- how can we be a people who write music with positive messages to behave like this? You tell me. And, for people to say these things is jealousy. It's envy. They're afraid that we're going to create something positive and this is their way of trying to stop good from happening.

KING: So, straightforward you're denying the whole thing?

JACKSON: Everything you said and I can prove it by showing the world my manuscript, the original manuscript of "Legacy."

KING: Well, do you intend to sue?

JACKSON: I'm going to sue now, now that you've mentioned it a few times.

KING: No, I mean...

JACKSON: Yes. Yes.

KING: There's no other way or else it looks like, you know, you should...

KING: The courts are the last resort.

JACKSON: You're right, Larry.

KING: That's where people go. A couple of other quick things, Michael is where in Bahrain?

KING: How's he doing?

JACKSON: He's doing wonderful. He's gained some weight. He's happy and he's running on the beach. I spoke to him. He's doing 300 pushups a day and doing sit-ups. He's getting those muscles back and he's getting ready.

KING: Going to go singing again?

JACKSON: Of course. He's going to make music. We did a song for the hurricane victims, which is doing very, very -- it's coming along well. It's been taking a bit of time to get out there but it's going to be released and it's -- see there again he's spending his time trying to help and trying to contribute.

Now what do you call a person like that, a good person right? Who cares? And that's what it's about. That's what we're here for to care, to give back. That's what we're here for.

KING: How's his family?

JACKSON: Fine, fine. And all these things about his children, I'm tired, we're tired. I mean to tell the truth the Middle East is a peaceful place. It's very peaceful, very peaceful.

KING: He enjoys it. Have you been over to see him?

JACKSON: Yes, yes.

KING: Thanks, Jermaine.

JACKSON: Thank you very much.

KING: Jermaine Jackson and I think there's going to be a suit.

And when we come back we'll talk about that incredible tragedy in New York. Don't go away.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

Source: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0603/06/lkl.01.html