Jermaine on Larry King Updated: Vid + transcript

A

Anonymous

Preparing for what? :lol A duel?

Ha ha, I remember that guy...what was his name? I don't remember. But he was the guy that told MJ that he needed vitamins during the trial and got him on the electrolytes. He said he advised Michael to get into fitness to preserve his strength. MJ is getting older, so maybe he's just trying to keep his body together. :)

You don't need to do sit-ups to 'prepare' for anything that Michael ever does. It's not like Michael is an athlete. lol

danaluvsmj

what I meant was that he's getting ready to sing and perform again.

Singers have to say in top shape to maintain their vocal chords and muscles to improve their breathing. Singing isn't as easy as it looks.

A

Anonymous

danaluvsmj said:
what I meant was that he's getting ready to sing and perform again.

Singers have to say in top shape to maintain their vocal chords and muscles to improve their breathing.

Doing sit-up and push-ups won't help Michael sing better. :lol Michael's voice is a natural talent. It's just there.

If MJ is shaping up maybe it's just for the hell of it. Maybe he wants his old body back. :)

dancemonster

when he says "Michael does 300 push ups" that's just hyperbole. I'm sure he means Michael's got this exercise regiment that icludes push ups and sit ups, etc. I wouldn't harp on that as being proof that Jermaine's a liar. He's upset. He's being interviewed. Sometimes his mouth moves faster than his brain, that's all.

veena

Hello people I`m new here ( :smilie rocks ) Can please somebody tell me how to open the link to the larry King Video? They ask me for "Username and passwort" , but don`t accept both. :confused: :(

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
~Vicky~ said:
Preparing for what? :lol A duel?

Ha ha, I remember that guy...what was his name? I don't remember. But he was the guy that told MJ that he needed vitamins during the trial and got him on the electrolytes. He said he advised Michael to get into fitness to preserve his strength. MJ is getting older, so maybe he's just trying to keep his body together. :)

You don't need to do sit-ups to 'prepare' for anything that Michael ever does. It's not like Michael is an athlete. lol
How do you know that? You don't know what kind of physical condition he has to be in to do 2+ hour shows...assuming he wants to tour again.

This may be about him just getting stronger in general.

HeavenSent

He's not an athlete? Ha, I beg to differ :D

course, he's not an athlete in the 'sports' context, but it takes stamina traveling and trying to keep it together. Assuming that he still dances, it's a must.

Push ups are good, I used to do it for the hell of it, and it gave me energy. My mind was tricked into thinking that I was really getting buff. :lol and I was zipping here and there, acting like I was Ms. America. It does wonders. :D

Not to read too much into it, but that's what i was thinking when I read the whole push ups thing. He is at the very least, is trying to develop the strength to be out and about, period. What that entails, who knows.

Whether it's 100 or 300000, at least we know that he trying to improve on something.

minnie yu

thanks the script on page 2... Jer was really doing a great job, and fight back strongly..cool Jer...

and anything about Mike is cute, even in my heat i also canot fully believe Mike does those incredible countless situps..but its cute..i can imagine..i know Jer wanna said Mike is going well and keep healthy and totally be ease with himself..yes..get his incredible sexy body back and prepare for doing a lot of surprise..awww....he is always sexy GOD..xixiixi:8-26-03respect: :wub:

whisper said:
How do you know that? You don't know what kind of physical condition he has to be in to do 2+ hour shows...assuming he wants to tour again.

I agree. :) Performing, dancing, and all of that obviously takes a lot out of a person. Notice how much "buffer" (using that term loosely, of course.. :lol ) he was during like the HIStory tour than in times where he wasn't performing? It takes a lot out of a person to go on stage and perform like that, especially for nights and nights in a row..

So, it could be that or something like it (hence Jermaine's "He's getting ready" quote ;) ) or, as you said, him getting stronger in general after the turmoil his body went through during his ordeal. :cool:

A

Anonymous

I guess we really think MJ is about to pop out doing two hour shows. Ha. ha. ha.

Yeah, that's what I said. Usually, people just work out to keep in shape. It doesn't mean they are 'preparing' for something huge. Like I said, Michael is getting older and he has to take care of his body...which took a real beating. I seriously doubt that anything Michael is planning for in the near future (Katrina single) will cause him to need to start pumping iron.

MJ may have been really 'buff' during the HIStory tour, but that wasn't due to Michael working out, as in going to the gym doing sit-ups. Because by his own admission, he never does. He probably started eating well, and that in combonation with going out every night dancing...sweating, it's cardio...it will shape you up. Any artist that you see that has a very bodily damanding show...they always shape up during their tours. It's a workout in itself.

Anyway, I guess there are bigger issues at stake than how many push-ups Michael can do.

Yeah, that's what I said. Usually, people just work out to keep in shape. It doesn't mean they are 'preparing' for something huge. Like I said, Michael is getting older and he has to take care of his body...which took a real beating.

That's true :) I can't speak for everyone else here, LOL, but I'm only exploring that possibility because of what Jermaine said, as well as the fact that it does make sense to that hypothetical. But it could be what you said..or both! Who knows? :lol

HeavenSent

I love how analytical we get! :lol

Jermaine says one thing about push ups and walking the beach, and oh my god.

I love this, I'd rather chat about this than other things!

A

Anonymous

Apparently Stacy Brown is on TV saying HE'S going to sue Jermaine. Now it's a war of the words.

How annoying.

A

Anonymous

Oh wow. Now Stacy Brown is going to release an audio tape of Jermaine saying these things.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I guess we really think MJ is about to pop out doing two hour shows. Ha. ha. ha.
Nobody's saying he's going to do two hour shows tomorrow. It's a long term preparation thing, assuming he's preparing for something. You can't JUST start to work out 2 weeks before whatever you want to do.

But he may be doing it because he wants to. Simple as that. It ain't even that serious that we're having a disagreement about why he's working out. :p

A

Anonymous

Yeah, that's what I said. Usually, people just work out to keep in shape. It doesn't mean they are 'preparing' for something huge. Like I said, Michael is getting older and he has to take care of his body...which took a real beating. I seriously doubt that anything Michael is planning for in the near future (Katrina single) will cause him to need to start pumping iron.

MJ may have been really 'buff' during the HIStory tour, but that wasn't due to Michael working out, as in going to the gym doing sit-ups. Because by his own admission, he never does. He probably started eating well, and that in combonation with going out every night dancing...sweating, it's cardio...it will shape you up. Any artist that you see that has a very bodily damanding show...they always shape up during their tours. It's a workout in itself.

Anyway, I guess there are bigger issues at stake than how many push-ups Michael can do.

The good thing is, that I love about us, is that we are able to have a joke about these sorts of things... by neither believing nor disbelieving anything Jermaine says (because Jermaine always says things that arent even half true lol) and being able to look at it as just words rather than taking everything that he says as the gospel.

I think Jermaine is funny. I think everything he says is funny -- and the way he puts things across is even funnier. Even if its true. He's just a funny guy, and he creates images of Michael becoming an iron man in my head. hahaha.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I say put up or shut up. :D

I've said this before and i'll say it again. It's always been about: to get at Michael. They couldn't give a flying flip about Jermaine. This is all to use whatever they want to use to get at Michael. 'Oh Jermaine says Michael could be guilty...Jermaine says Michael bought his kids and they aren't his...Jermaine says Michael....Jermaine says Michael... Jermaine says Michael....'

This has always been about Michael. He is their crack. They're a bunch of Jackson-crackheads.