Official American Music Awards Thread

SexyChica

This mess is so boring. I swear award shows have no flavor whatsoever.

If it wasn't for my wanting to see if Michael wins I wouldn't even be watching this mess.

I'm so tired of seeing Jermaine and his wife (I mean no disrespect to his wife, because I know nothing about her) at every award show.

I swear if Michael wins any awards I don't want that ass to accept anything on Michael's behalf.

Romimj

Is it me or Is Shakira's performance sucked:eek:...sorry not to be disrespactful but what hake?:idontknow I Loved Janets performance! Other than that...I'm waiting for the nominations for Michael!!!

L.O.V.E.
Romi

SexyChica

earthlyme;227166 said:
Is it me or Is Shakira's performance sucked:eek:...sorry not to be disrespactful but what hake?:idontknow I Loved Janets performance! Other than that...I'm waiting for the nominations for Michael!!!

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Yeah her performance sucked. I felt I was watching a bad rendition of 'stepping'.

I actually didn't care for Janet's performance and that suprised me.

HeavenSent

SexyChica;227167 said:
Yeah her performance sucked. I felt I was watching a bad rendition of 'stepping'.

I actually didn't care for Janet's performance and that suprised me.

Janet lacked energy, she seemed a bit tired. But she sounded good....And girl you read my mind. 1. Awards shows suck in general and tonight's no exception. It's just not the same anymore, now that you know a certain person is gone...2. When Shakira and her dancers started "stepping' first thing out of my boyfriend's mouth was, "damn, we (AA's) can't have nothing to ourselves anymore! The remark made me laugh, but it also made me think. There was a time when stepping was obscure and unknown. Now everyone's doing it. Or attempting to. Hopefully they know the history behind it and not just doing it because it looks good.

My last point is, I MISS MICHAEL SO MUCH. This blows.

HeavenSent

earthlyme;227166 said:
Is it me or Is Shakira's performance sucked:eek:...sorry not to be disrespactful but what hake?:idontknow
Shakira is one hot mama, but yeah that performance did nothing! How come no one BRINGS it anymore?

MJfan01'

Alicia Keys sounds like Norah Jones a little. I'm not surprised that Taylor Swift won. Eww Perez Hilton looks like a bird.

SexyChica

HeavenSent;227171 said:
Janet lacked energy, she seemed a bit tired. But she sounded good....And girl you read my mind. 1. Awards shows suck in general and tonight's no exception. It's just not the same anymore, now that you know a certain person is gone...2. When Shakira and her dancers started "stepping' first thing out of my boyfriend's mouth was, "damn, we (AA's) can't have nothing to ourselves anymore! The remark made me laugh, but it also made me think. There was a time when stepping was obscure and unknown. Now everyone's doing it. Or attempting to. Hopefully they know the history behind it and not just doing it because it looks good.

I doubt it. So many people just think it's cool and won't take the time to understand the history behind it. It's been commercialized in movies and videos so much.

My last point is, I MISS MICHAEL SO MUCH. This blows.

Me too girl. I put myself through punishment yesterday by seeing TII for the 4th time. That was actually the hardest. I thought after seeing it three times I would be ok, but it hurt deeply.

SexyChica

What the hell is Kate Hudson wearing? Are you kidding? I am actually disgusted that it looks like only her nipples were covered with that dress.

HeavenSent

SexyChica;227176 said:
Me too girl. I put myself through punishment yesterday by seeing TII for the 4th time. That was actually the hardest. I thought after seeing it three times I would be ok, but it hurt deeply.

It hurt enough seeing it one time! I should have waited, quite honestly. Maybe when it comes out on DVD, I'll see it again.

The Black Eyed Peas sound a hot mess to me. I don't get music these days.