Official April 18, 2005

classicaldj

There are more reports about the sale of the sony catalogue. Tell me it isn't true!

Jackson to Sell Interest in Beatle's Tunes

United Press International

Michael Jackson, paying big bucks to defend himself against child molestation charges in California, is selling his half stake in the Beatles' catalog.

In the next few days his agents will close on a deal to sell his interest in the Sony/ATV back catalog, which includes half of the rights to more than 150 songs written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, the Scotsman said Friday.

Court documents have put his debts at some $275 million.

Jackson is expected to be left with $10 million in cash once his outstanding debts have been paid, and would receive yearly income of between $7 and $8 million, including payments from Sony/ATV.

Loans secured on Jackson's own back catalog and his Neverland ranch would also be paid off. Jackson would then be forced to scale down operations at the 2,700-acre Neverland ranch, which include a carnival and zoo.

Jackson bought the rights to the entire Beatles song collection for $47 million in 1985. He sold half of the rights to Sony/ATV in 1991 for $130 million. The catalog is now worth more than $500 million.

Photo Copyright Getty Images

© YellowBrix, Inc. Copyright 1997-2005

http://www.whp580.com/script/headline_news...news&feed_id=59

Tiger Lilly

Obviously I'll be dissapointed if Michael sells the Beatles catalogue - and I'm not listening to any news article, I'll wait to hear it from Michael himself whether it's true or not - but as long as he'll be ok I don't see it as that big a deal.

sistahlamb

Ramaone Baine released a statement a few days ago saying that reports claiming the sale of the sony catolog are completly not true. You can find this statemant on MJnewsonline.com.

Anyway, there are many reports that Meserau has admitted documents with Ms. Arviso's signiture on them that prove that she put on an investigation on Jackson 7-8 months before she or her family even met him.

You can find out more about this in reply #7 of this thread.

A

Anonymous

If Michael sells that thing, I couldn't care less. I don't think it's a big deal.

There are MUCH more important things at hand.

IrishFaery

O/T a bit but Sistahlamb, you MUST tell me who is responsible for the GORGEOUS painting in your signature!

*edited by admin*

sistahlamb

O/T a bit but Sistahlamb, you MUST tell me who is responsible for the GORGEOUS painting in your signature!

Oh, thanks for the complement on my signiture!!!
An artist named Josephene Walls is the artist of that painting.
I've just recently been introduced to her work after seeing it being used on Britney Spears' new web site.
I got my signiture from a web site with pics of her paintings on it but I don't remember which.

Aaliyah

r4042284723.jpg

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
On Court TV, correspondent Savannah Guthrie says it was absurd for the mother to claim that every word she said on that rebuttal interview -- an interview which was never broadcast -- was "scripted". According to Guthrie, she even alleged that what was said between takes as well as jokes and interruptions by her, was "scripted".

*requires the flash player

sistahlamb

Well, this so called "rebuttal" video was never even aired on TV so how exactly can we tell if she was acting or not, especially when she herself admitted on the stand friday that she wasn't a good actress?

Keep the updates comin' please.

HotMJ!

Originally posted by whisper
On Court TV, correspondent Savannah Guthrie says it was absurd for the mother to claim that every word she said on that rebuttal interview -- an interview which was never broadcast -- was "scripted". According to Guthrie, she even alleged that what was said between takes as well as jokes and interruptions by her, was "scripted".

Like Friedman has said, nobody on the courtroom believes a word JaNUT says. God, I wish there'd been cameras!

Between JaNUT and Chris Carter arrested for bank robberies, and his string of tabloid sqealers, Sneddon has been thoroughly embarrassed by this case. YEEEESSSSS!!

:sneddoncr Sneddumb Shamed