Official April 18, 2005

Aaliyah

From MJJF

* Court TV Update*

- Janet is still being cross-examined

- Janet is still FIESTY ( no change in her demeanor)

- Playing audio tapes from '03

- Told Mez "she was speaking from the heart" on those tapes.

- Mez is trying to impeach her do to her saying she didn't know that Miller worked for Geragos. But on the audio tapes at the begining, Miller says " This is Bradley Miller, I work for Mark Geragos, the time is ****". So Janet knew that Miller worked for Geragos.

- Melville is questioning Mez about why he keeps playing the tapes. Melville tells Mez that everyone knows it's Janet and what she said on the tapes and that he doesn't understand why Mez keeps wanting to play them and restrictened him from playing the 20 min. tape again.

Aaliyah

Jackson Accuser's Mom Refuses to Answer

1 minute ago

By TIM MOLLOY, Associated Press Writer

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - The mother of Michael Jackson's young accuser cited attorney-client privilege Monday in refusing to say whether she was represented by a lawyer during the time period in which she and her children were allegedly held captive by the pop star.

Resuming a tough cross-examination that began last week, Jackson defense attorney Thomas Mesereau asked the woman if she had been represented by attorney Michael Manning from 2001 through 2004 on issues involving her divorce her previous husband.

The woman said Manning had helped her on several issues involving the divorce. She added that Manning worked for her for free and that as a result she was one of his low-priority clients.

Superior Court Judge Rodney S. Melville ordered the latter comments stricken from the record.

When Mesereau asked the woman if Manning was her attorney at the time of the alleged captivity, the woman asked, "Is that attorney-client privilege?"

Mesereau said he would drop the question if she was citing her privilege, and she said she was doing so.

Jackson, 46, is accused of molesting one of the woman's sons, plying the boy with alcohol, and holding his family captive in February and March 2003 to get them to help rebut the "Living With Michael Jackson" documentary in which Jackson said he allowed children to sleep in his bed, a practice he asserted was innocent.

The woman alleges that Jackson and his associates held her family captive, shuttling them between locations until they made a rebuttal video in which they praised Jackson.

Mesereau also asked the woman about her reasons for mentioning Jackson, Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant and Los Angeles TV weather forecaster Fritz Coleman in an interview with police involving domestic abuse allegations against her former husband.

She said her former husband falsely accused her of having sex with Jackson, Bryant and Coleman. She said she gave investigators their names so they could contact them and verify that the ex-husband's claims were not true.

Mesereau noted that the police report did not include any mention of alleged false claims by her ex-husband that she was having sex with celebrities.

"I don't think it was considered a crime," she said.

Jackson's attorneys contend the woman is the mastermind of a scheme to get money from the singer by having her son falsely accuse him of molestation. She testified last week, however, that she has no plans to sue him.

But last week she also admitted under Mesereau's questioning that she twice lied under oath in a lawsuit against department store J.C. Penney.

The family received a settlement of more than $150,000 after alleging that guards beat them. But the woman acknowledged she lied when she testified in the case that her then-husband was an honest person and that he had never beaten her.

The woman said she asked her attorneys to correct her testimony after her husband was arrested for domestic abuse. She said she felt "liberated" to change the record once her was gone, but that her attorneys never did.

On Friday, Mesereau played the rebuttal video for the fourth time in the trial. It includes the woman and her children repeatedly calling Jackson a father figure. Mesereau asked if the woman was lying when she made the comments, and she said the entire video was scripted by Jackson's associates.

"I was acting," she testified.

The woman testified that Jackson's associates told her the family had to stay with them because "killers" wanted to hurt the family. She said she was never told who the killers were.

The prosecution has introduced video and audio tapes to corroborate her account.

On one recorded phone call, a Jackson associate was heard telling her the family might be in danger because of the broadcast of the "Living With Michael Jackson" documentary.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...michael_jackson

Aaliyah

From MJJF

Unchecked CourtTV Transcript (09:41AM PST 04/18/05)

Host: It's another big day today inside that courthouse as day two of Jane Doe's cross-examination gets under way. Joining us now from outside the courthouse is Savanah Guthrie. I understand they have been under way for about an hour now. What's going on in that courtroom?

Guthrie: More cross-examination and nobody changed personalities over the weekend, Jane Doe is still feisty and combative and Tom Mesereau still an aggressive cross-examiner. The points focus mainly on the tape that Jane Doe did with defense investigator bradley miller. It is an audio taped interview with Jane and her three kids. On this tape she makes a lot of the same remarks, some of them very close to verbatim to what she says four days later on the rebuttal video, yet she told Tom Mesereau and the jurors as for that february 16th audio taped interview she was speaking from the heart, whereas the rebuttal video four days later where she says almost the exact same thing that was scripted. So Mesereau is asking her about that, trying to make the point that is an absurd claim. He focused in on the fact that at the beginning of the bradley miller audio tape, bradley miller says my name is bradley miller, I'm a private investigator, I work for mark geragos, he Does the date and time. At a pretrial hearing, because this was a pretrial issue, Jane Doe testified and said she didn't know brad miller worked for geragos, she thought he worked for Michael Jackson. She is trying to impreach her saying before you are on the record saying you didn't know the investigator worked for geragos yet here's the tape and it's clear from the tape he said i work for mark geragos. Mesereau hit a common defense theme at the beginning this morning. He asked her about her dealings with an attorney by the name Michael manning, someone who represented, she acknowledged for many years in domestic violence and family law actions against her husband. Mesereau made that point that he was representing her in 2003 and yet she never called out to help never asked him to file a restraining order or in any way complain she was being falsely imprisoned.

Host: Any good defense attorney or many good defense attorneys feel that unless the judge gets a little angry with you along the way, you are not doing your joB. Any sign that judge Melville is becoming a bit -- oh, losing patience perhaps with Mesereau?

Guthrie: Yeah, you know, I'm glad you asked because there have been a couple of occasions this morning where the judge has really kind of dressed down Tom Mesereau for his approach. The first has to do with the tape i just told you about. Mesereau wanted to play this tape which is about 20, 30 minute long again for the jurors this would have been the third or fourth time they've heard t judge Melville shut it down. He said why do you want to play that tape, we have all heard the tape. Can't you ask what you want to ask. And Mesereau said, okay, your honor, i will. He did that, as he was going through it, he would quote verbatim from the transcript. At one point as i was leaving, judge Melville said why are you doing this, i don't see what the point is, you are saying -- we have all heard the tape, you are repeat whag she said on the tape and saying did you say that. We know she said it. We heard the tape. Where are you going? I don't see we are getting anywhere with this. A couple of times Mesereau really being scolded a little bit by the judge. Another thing i noticed about Mesereau's strategy this morning he is doing a lot of moving to strike. Whenever this witness inestably gives her asides to the jury, Mesereau is asking the judge to strike the comments from the record. For the most part the judge is doing just that. A little cleanup job from last hour, the comment she made about neverland being all about boys having sex with boys, important and alcohol, that was strik frn the record. I went back and checked the transcript.

Host: Good for you. That's why we have you out there.

A

Anonymous

I've just read a report by Guthrie...why the hell is Melville interfering with Mesereau's strategy? That is messed up.

>_<

Aaliyah

52645388.jpg

52645398.jpg

52645402.jpg

r3709709884.jpg

sistahlamb

I've kind of noticed how Melville has been granting many requests for the prosecution when any other judge probably would have denied them.
I am suspicious of the posibility that the judge is in favor of the prosecution, but we shouldn't be jumping to any conclusions yet.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
SpAnKeY SmArTaSs Today

Jim Moret during break:
she is combative but subdued.
says she was rehearsed for days by one of MJ's henchmen.
keeps lookin at jury to give her side of the story.
even prosecution is striking her testimony now.
she says filing for disability had nothing to do with marriage, she filed because she was 'depressed' and then said 'i'm still a nobody'.
she wants to say what she wants to say, very difficult witness.
Judge wants to move things along, didnt want to hear the tape again.
she is diggin hole for herself, she said she was rehearsed 10 times a day for days and it simpley doesnt ring true.
jury is taking notes but not making eye contact.
she may be sticking to her story to her detriment, to say she was rehearsed for days may come back to haunt her, if it can be proven that there were no 'days and days' to even be rehearsed.

MJISHOT

Originally posted by whisper
SpAnKeY SmArTaSs Today

Jim Moret during break:
she is combative but subdued.
says she was rehearsed for days by one of MJ's henchmen.
keeps lookin at jury to give her side of the story.
even prosecution is striking her testimony now.
she says filing for disability had nothing to do with marriage, she filed because she was 'depressed' and then said 'i'm still a nobody'.
she wants to say what she wants to say, very difficult witness.
Judge wants to move things along, didnt want to hear the tape again.
she is diggin hole for herself, she said she was rehearsed 10 times a day for days and it simpley doesnt ring true.
jury is taking notes but not making eye contact.
she may be sticking to her story to her detriment, to say she was rehearsed for days may come back to haunt her, if it can be proven that there were no 'days and days' to even be rehearsed.

ohh lordy!! :extremely

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by sistahlamb
I've kind of noticed how Melville has been granting many requests for the prosecution when any other judge probably would have denied them.
I am suspicious of the posibility that the judge is in favor of the prosecution, but we shouldn't be jumping to any conclusions yet.

You're a bit late..

she even alleged that what was said between takes as well as jokes and interruptions by her, was "scripted".

From many report's regarding this rebuttal interview she seemed to be very enthusastic about the comments which she was making and the impression which the viewer's in the public gallery got, was that she never seemed to be manipulated or informed in any way to make those praising comments . The mother had has also exclaimed that she isn't a good actor.. yet she's describng this particular interview as scripted!? Conficting statements!!

Melville's also getting on my nerve's with his interfering whilst Mesereau is conducting his cross-examination.. We never witnessed this type of behaviour when the prosecution was questioning their witness to make a valid point. Complete corruption if you ask me!

A

Anonymous

so Melville interfered and didn't let T-Mez to play the tape again? :cryptic

sunny2005

Originally posted by Mack Dogg
Mellville is suspect. Somebody needs to interfere in this case and stop it.

I think half the world agrees with you on that. I am sick and tired of him trying to cut mez off when he has established inconsistancies with this insane woman on the stand.

Aaliyah

From MJJF

Unchecked CourtTV Transcript (09:57AM PST 04/18/05)

Host: Welcome back to our special report on the Michael Jackson trial. It got under way with live testimony a little while ago on the witness stand once again today the mother of the accuser in this case. Once again being subjected to some fierce cross-examination by defense attorney tom Mesereau. As we head out to Savanah Guthrie, you talked a few moments ago that everybody seemed to come back in with the same personality they left with on friday. As something of a consequence, you said already judge Melville has directed some comment that is tom Mesereau, tell us more detail about what you are seeing and hearing from the witness on the stand this morning.

Savannah: Sure. And judge Melville is nothing if not fair. He's certainly been trying to reign in this witness all along, it hasn't stopped today, repeatedly telling her listen to the question and answer the question. We don't need all of this extra. She is continually combative, feisty. She is sar cass stib. For example, she was asked about a time that she said and had told police previously that she had danced with Michael Jackson at neverland and explained to the jurors it was me and the kids. We were all dancing. And Mesereau was asking her, did you or did not say that you danlsed with Michael Jackson. She said don't take it out of context. Don't make it all dirt y it wasn't just us dancing under the blue sky night. That's the kind of answer she often gives. Another time Mesereau asked her, so when did this dinner occur, she said, dinnertime. You know, things like that. Mesereau just follows up, doesn't miss a beat saying what year, what month, that kind of thing. They were other times when she is continuing the practice of speaking directly to the jurors. I really get the sense that she has such contempt for tom Mesereau. He asks a question, as if she puts her hand up to him, not literally, ignores him and director her attention to the jurors. He sd her in particular -- now this interview you did with bradley miller that was odd crow taped on february 16 nl, was that scripted? She turned directly to the jury and said, I already told him on that one everything I said was from my heart. She is not hiding at all her negative feelings toward tom Mesereau. Remember, on friday, she kind of laughed and said I have a lot of thoughts in my heart about you, straight to the defense attorney. I'm thinking they are not positive thoughts.

Host: Savanah, was she, let's use the word difficult, that's a fair word, we are not talking about giving opinions about whether she is telling the truth or not, in terms of her presentation and delivery here, was she fairly difficult when the prosecutor was asking her questions to keep her on track and to keep her responsive?

Savannah: Yes. I mean, in that case, remember, this is when tom Mesereau was not objecting at A. It fell to the prosecutor to try to reign in his own witness. She wasn't as uncooperative, she wasn't necessarily disagreeing with the prosecutor's questions, but she certainly would speak well beyond what was asked of her. There's no such thing as a yes or no response it would seem until the judge forces her to do so. She always wants to give the context, always wants to explain in her defense this is somebody who according to her has been holding all of this in for two years, and now want to tell the truth about what she said she now knows about Michael Jackson, so it is sort of spilling forth from her, but, yes, this is her personality. That's what I mean by saying nobody changed over the weekend. In fact, tom Mesereau asked if she had met with prosecutors over the weekend. A lot of us were speculating as to whether or not they would try to have a conversation with her and tell her to knock it off, answer the questions, you are getting us in trouble. She did talk to ron zonen the prosecutor who is questioning her. She said the meeting only lasted ten minutes. So that tells me that these prosecutors are not trying to turn her into something totally different. They realizes her limitations. She had a ten minute meeting and that was it.

Host: Let me go back to the testimony on friday. As you know and we said from the gith, the core of the defense here has always been that none of the criminal actions ever happened and in a sense they are being manufactured and they are pointing to this witness as being the architect of this, if you would, saying she's only doing to get money from Michael Jackson at some point in time. Was she asked specifically that question about coming after him civilly and what was her answer?

Savannah: She was asked whether or not she was aware of the statute of limitations. I don't think we have heard the last of this whole defense theme the civil lawsuit. But it's creeped it's ugly head into the case. I'll read a portion of the transscript I'm thinking about. The question was -- she said at another point during this particular exchange, I just want an poll gichlt she was asked about the jcpenney lawsuit again she said I just wanted an apology. Tom Mesereau shot back -- you wanted $100,000, didn't you, she said no. She also said she got a lot less than $152,000 which was the settlement reached in that particular litigation.

Host: Well, I understand, we don't have a camera out tlchlt we are going to rely again on Savanah Guthrie and her excellent reporting. I understand there's some color that our camera is missing at this moment coming out of that courthouse. What are you hearing?

Savannah: I just wanted to share a description of the witness on the stand. I'm told while she started the day sitting up straight in the witness chair, she's just almost physically wilted as the day has worn on, her hair is messed up, she is leaning over on the witness stand, this comes from my colleague diane dimond who is in the courtroom and able to get a message to me. She just described her as really physically showing she's just really weathering this cross-examination.

gosh, i thought this judge is no-nonsense? Mez is trying to make a point by playing that tape and still...argh. i'm getting frustrated by this judge.

A

Anonymous

Good. That's what her ass needs to feel for making Michael show up in court everyday for this BS.