Official April 8 2005 thread

Aaliyah

r1576458324.jpg

r3764352321.jpg

Pokey

bod on mjno posted....
Court tv update:

Former cook claims he saw MJ with his hand down MCaully Caulkin's pants when delivering some fries to Michael in the arcade. I do hope Mac testifies and proves this jerk to be the liar that he is.

Court has adjourned for the day after the state not giving the defense enough proper time to prepare for new wittnesses....also the defense called for a mistrial after learning the state witnesses are all talking among each other while a gag order is in place. The judge has denied the defense a mistrial.

HotMJ!

Originally posted by SpecialJanet25

You know something, this former employees who claim they are not seeking money, but justice, don't have common sense. If you see something that wrong, you can't pick up the phone and called the police or child services. Why the hell would you contining working for someone who is alleged doing inapproriate things with children? This past week, this stupid media reporters are taking this liars words.

One thing we can ALL agree on: The media types are mostly stupid, chasing sensationalism... and their own tails. :yuk

I think they call that "yellow journalism..." :thumbsdow

:hitting :throwings

frozen rose

God! These trail hearings are getting shorter and shorter. I just hope Melville will realize that is this a trial without any evidence or witnesses and it will have to down to a "Mistrail" Sneddon/Melville can not keep this going, unless there are true "physcial" evidence. All we have from this case, is the witness/victim's word for it! However, I am not saying that the Jurors can not take that as a note...I am just saying without "True" positive evidence, ex. DNA, Blood/Urine samples...etc.

Thanks Special Janet!

geesi

I am sure GQ Magazine will run a story on how Michael and his security people had combined style and grace during this trail upon acquittal!

A

Anonymous

Former chef says he saw Jackson improperly touch Culkin
Friday, April 8, 2005 Posted: 2:44 PM EDT (1844 GMT)

SANTA MARIA, California (CNN) -- A former chef at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch testified Friday that he saw the pop star improperly touch then-child movie star Macaulay Culkin in the early 1990s.

"I was shocked," said Phillip LeMarque, who said the incident happened about 3 in the morning, after he was summoned to cook and deliver french fries to Jackson and Culkin. "I almost dropped the french fries."

Testifying in Jackson's child molestation trial, LeMarque said Jackson was holding Culkin up so he could reach the controls of the video game. One hand was holding the boy by the waist, and the other hand was coming up through the leg of Culkin's shorts and was on his crotch, LeMarque said.

Culkin, who has denied that Jackson ever touched him sexually, would have been 10 or 11 at the time of the alleged incident in 1991.

LeMarque's testimony came Friday morning after the defense lost a bid to try to impeach his credibility by introducing evidence that he operated an explicit adult Web site from 1997 until recently.

"We can prove this witness tried to use tabloid stories about Mr. Jackson to get into this business," defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. said.

But Santa Barbara County Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville ruled that the evidence could not be admitted because it concerned events that happened years after the events about which LeMarque was testifying.

Also Friday, the defense sought to discredit the testimony of Adrian McManus, a former maid at Neverland, by suggesting to jurors that she tried, and failed, to win millions of dollars in a wrongful termination suit against the pop star.

On the stand Thursday, McManus testified about an incident she says she saw between Jackson and a boy whose family reached a multimillion-dollar settlement with Jackson in 1994 after alleging molestation. She said she saw Jackson kiss the boy on the mouth and put a hand on his crotch, over his pants, in Jackson's bedroom.

McManus also said she saw Jackson put his hands on the leg and buttocks of Culkin, while kissing him on the cheek, and witnessed a similar episode with another young boy.

She said she left Neverland in 1994 after being harassed and receiving "death threats" from members of an armed security detail, dubbed the Office of Special Services, that arrived at Neverland after the settlement.

McManus and four other employees sued Jackson for wrongful termination, seeking $16 million. But the suit backfired when Jackson countersued and the jury found in his favor in 1995, leaving the employees on the hook for nearly $1.5 million in legal fees.

Pressed by Mesereau on Friday on how much money she wanted from Jackson, McManus replied, "I wanted justice." She also said that if she had gotten an apology for the way she had been treated by Jackson's security staff, "that would have been enough."

Asked if she had ever called Jackson to ask him for that apology, she said, "I didn't have a phone number to call Mr. Jackson."

McManus admitted that she had accepted money from tabloids to provide information about Jackson and his ex-wife, Lisa Marie Presley, including participating in an article about their "kinky sex secrets." But she insisted that the bulk of the money went toward financing the employees' legal action.

"We tried to get money to help with our lawsuit to fight Mr. Jackson," she said.

While she was quoted in the article about "kinky sex secrets," McManus said she had no such information about Jackson and Presley, who were married in 1994 and divorced in 1996.

McManus said that during her time at Neverland, she never saw a woman spend the night in Jackson's bedroom suite. She said actress Brooke Shields, who had been romantically linked to Jackson in the media prior to his marriage, stayed in a guest cottage when she came to Neverland.

The 46-year-old singer is accused of molesting a boy -- now 15 years old -- at Neverland Ranch, giving him alcohol and conspiring to hold the boy's family captive in 2003.

Jackson has pleaded not guilty to the charges

CNN's Dree De Clamecy contributed to this report.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/08/jackson....rial/index.html

Msnbc reported that Mesereau got Lemarque to admit that he told the tabliods that he wanted $500,000 for his story, not the $100,000 they were offering. Also Lemarque said that his broker came up with the story of the hand going "inside" the pants instead just outside because that would get more money.

Another conflicting statement made by this witness. During direct examintion, Lemarque stated that the initial story which he sold to the tabliods was infact true!. This therefore supports the foundation which the defense are trying to convey to the jury.. Lemarque contructed a story even more salacious each time in attempt to recieve a greater financial sum.

That was his ultimate motive.. to extort money at Michael's expense

Cristine87

Um, this woman claims that she only sold it to pay off her legal fees but then goes on to say that the "kinky sex secrets" between Mike & LMP that she claimed to have known & told the tabloids, she didn't really know. So she lied in order to get more money. These people have stolen from Michael & they've seaked out money at his expense. If these people will slander his name for some money what makes you think they won't lie about him in court to get back at him for firing them? I hope the jury can see a pattern of greed here!

htarw

so she lies about the kinky sex secrets, but we're supposed to believe the child molestation claims are true.....yeah right, who's stupid enough to believe that!

Rahab

poor michael, hes like a little helpless lamb sorrounded by salivating, hungry wolves....

it must be sooo hard for katherine and the rest of the family to have to hear such disgusting false accusations against mj :bluecry:

IrishFaery

Originally posted by htarw
so she lies about the kinky sex secrets, but we're supposed to believe the child molestation claims are true.....yeah right, who's stupid enough to believe that!
Tom Sneddon.

Danielle Oliver

Jackson Lawyer Grills Prosecution Witness On Tabloid Deals

SANTA MARIA, Calif. -- Michael Jackson's former maid testified Friday at the singer's child molestation trial that she and other employees of the pop star used a "media broker" to sell stories to tabloids including one claiming inside knowledge of Jackson's sex life with ex-wife Lisa Marie Presley.

Adrian McManus, who earlier testified for the prosecution that she saw Jackson in compromising positions with young boys, insisted under cross-examination that she was not out to get Jackson's money even when she and four other Neverland employees sued him for millions.

"I wanted justice," she said of the suit, which backfired and resulted in a large judgment against the plaintiffs.

"But your idea of justice was millions of bucks?" asked Jackson attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr.

"That's not what I call justice," said the witness. "Honestly, a simple 'sorry for what we did to you' would have been enough for me."

But Mesereau noted that McManus and the others spent many months and large amounts of money pursuing their suit against Jackson, and he elicited from her the fact that they went to tabloids to fund their lawsuit.

McManus acknowledged that she signed agreements with the Star and the Splash media and picture agency to sell purported secrets about Jackson's life with Presley.

Jackson married Presley in May 1994. Presley filed for divorce in January 1996, saying they had formally separated the previous month. McManus was a Neverland maid from 1990 to 1994.

"Do you recall trying to sell what you called Mr. Jackson's sex secrets?" Mesereau asked McManus.

"Something like that," she said.

She identified in court the contract with Star.

"And you were quoted in a Star story with the headline, 'Kinky secrets of Michael and Lisa Marie's bedroom,"' Mesereau said.

"I didn't say that," the witness insisted, adding, "A lot of times with those tabloids they say other stuff."

But she acknowledged that during the time she was at Neverland she saw Presley visit and that through a media broker she offered the tabloids information on the relationship.

"And in that contract you agreed to provide information on Mr. Jackson's relationship with Lisa Marie Presley?" Mesereau asked.

"Yes," she said, and also confirmed that a security guard, Ralph Chacon, also signed the contract.

Chacon, who was also part of the failed lawsuit against Jackson, claimed in his testimony Thursday that he witness the singer perform a sex act on a boy in the early 1990s.

On redirect examination, prosecutor Ron Zonen asked McManus if she in fact had any information about kinky sex secrets of Jackson and Presley.

"No," the witness said.

"Did you see her at the ranch?" asked Zonen.

"Yes," she said.

"And did you see her stay in Mr. Jackson's room?" Zonen asked.

"No," said McManus.

"Did you ever see any woman stay with Mr. Jackson in his room in the four years you worked at Neverland?" asked Zonen.

"No, I did not," she said.

The testimony of the former Neverland employees deals with alleged improprieties by Jackson with young boys prior to the allegations of the singer's current accuser, who was allegedly molested in 2003. The testimony was allowed in an effort to show a pattern of abuse, although Jackson was never criminally charged in the past.

During her tenure at Neverland, McManus was responsible for cleaning up Jackson's room, and in an unexplained detour the prosecutor asked if she ever had to clean up after the singer's pet monkey.

McManus said she did and also had to clean the monkey's diapers.

"Did you have to clean up monkey droppings on the floor?" Zonen asked.

"Not on the floor, just on the walls," McManus said.

No explanation was given about the relevance of the monkey.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4360550/detail.htm...0104082005&ts=H