Official August 19 Hearing; video pg4

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by HeavenSent
Thank you too girl!
Awww! As if you need my help tho. :laugh
The judge is looking at tapes of the Neverland search right now!!
Shit, I'm anxious now....
They're also saying the defence hasn't proved the whole Sneddon knew Miller worked for Geragos yet.... :pullhairo

Also...
There IS a motion filed about a week ago in which Sneddon said EVEN IF he knew Miller worked for Geragos, he could still raid Miller's office because there is no attorney/client privilege when it is believed the attorney is conducting illegal activity.

dangerous

^the illegal activity nonsense is crap bc then they should/would have stated that on the original affadavit. He can't back paddle and say that, its to late.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by dangerous
^the illegal activity nonsense is crap bc then they should/would have stated that on the original affadavit. He can't back paddle and say that, its to late.

I wouldn't be suprised if Melville let that pass.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by HoldMeThrillMe
Ok, so I'm going to bed. Please make sure Vicky is all informed and knowledgable of everything that's happening for when I give her a call at some point tomorrow to find out whats going on! (You hear that vIcky? That's a threat.)

I have every part of my body crossed that these bitches really make shitfaces of themselves today.

xxx

:laugh

A

Anonymous

Has Melville ruled on the 955 motion yet? The motion where Mesereau filed to have the indictment thrown out because of GJ misconduct on Sneddons part?

Does anyone know WHEN he will rule on that?

Tiger Lilly

I don't think so, not yet, Vicky.

All I know so far is that they're playing the tape of the raid which shows just about all of Neverland except Michael's own bedroom. Apparantly it shows his kids rooms which is awful.... Yet Sneddon only had warrents to search certain parts of the house so I'm wondering just what's on that tape and whether he turned the camera off at some points. I hope not.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
:camera BigStory: Bob Massi talks about Stepfather testimony August 19 2004

Version: .wmv
Submitted Date: 2004/8/19
Description:

Air date: August 19 2004

Guest: Bob Massi

-he says the father's admission he asked for money goes to the credibility of the entire case
-says stepfather's denials are to protect the case
-says "what else do you expect the stepfather to say?"
-says his testimony is going to be tainted b/c he's trying to protect the case
and more...

5.74 MB video

Tiger Lilly

Also the tape shows footage after 10pm but Sneddon only has a day warrent, but Sneddon claims that they could continue after if nessacary. Is that true and would evidence after 10pm be thrown out? Mez says the opposite in his motion so something must be set to decide either way.

Originally posted by dangerous
His presence at the taping of the video kind of throws the whole conspiracy charge out the video, unless he plans on saying he was coerced into forcing the kids to speak well on the tape as well (as if :laugh)

Also, it is my guess that he was the one that got the family into, or at least help convince them to ruin their relationship with Jackson and continue this case forward. From Tuesday, we know that Jay Jackson was a secret informant to Sneddon. Considering Mama just recently had her baby, we know that she was with him during the dates the alleged molestation claims came out. Also, if he was present during the taping of the rebuttal videos, which was around early Febuary, while their relationship was still good, his presence wasnt a big deal. When was it, when Jay Jackson, pulled an Evan Chandler and asked Michael for money for Gavin's appearance on LWMJ, this was supposedly to have happend before their relationship went sour. After the lawsuit for suing the company that aired LWMJ fell through , and after MJ said no to his money claim, they turned on him and wanted to sue him for witholding their property. If Dickerman was their lawyer, and assuming Dickerman knew Miller worked for Geragos, then Jay Jackson would definetly know of the connection, and have reason to relay that to the prosecution.

did any of that make sense? :laugh
Actually....yeah....It did...LOL!

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
TheFaze Posted: Aug 19 2004, 06:33 PM

Update from Jennalyn...

The afternoon was spent showing the video the cops took of Neverland, when they raided it. They showed the cops getting ready, entering Neverland, and then showing parts of the house (inside) that they were supposed to search. Showed the kids's bedroom and just about everything else inside the house except MJ's personal bedroom. Showed close-ups of the kids' pictures and all. Jennalyn was upset about that...

Sanger presented this video, with, of course, the media and everyone else present.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Jennalyn Posted: Aug 19 2004, 06:57 PM

the prosecution took 12 hrs of video during the raid...which lasted (according to the officer that took the stand today) from around 9am on Nov 16th until around after midnight. These videos were given over to the defense on DVD a while ago.

The trial will continue with more witnesses tomorrow and perhaps even into next week, or another unset day(s) due to the rate at which the things have gone.

The morning portion of the trial had quite a ¨good¨ feeling, I thought. The afternoon, Sanger was presenting the video and it took most of the afternoon, with not much being said as Officer Zellis (sp?) confirming where things were and how they got that information (they knew the security HQ from sneddon who spoke with others from the 93 case, etc. to obtain surveillance tapes, etc.) I left quite upset at them showing all the rooms in the presence of all the media. To his credit, Sanger tried to have the film screen turned around so only the judge and the def and prosecution could see it, but Melville said no... there were too many issues with keeping information in a public setting open to the media and everyone.

elusive moonwalker Posted: Aug 19 2004, 07:00 PM
well the officer who said that has just admitted they broke the law and the rules of the warrant. they were only allowed to be there till 10pm cause they only had a day warrant. u need a different warrant to search at night

Tiger Lilly

but Melville said no... there were too many issues with keeping information in a public setting open to the media and everyone.
And this guy preaches a gag-order? :pullhairo I'm so mad about them showing that vid to EVERYONE! Poor Michael...

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Jennalyn Posted: Aug 19 2004, 07:32 PM

T mez said that the AG report was already leaked, and it was obviously done so on the prosecution side. the defense has done their own investigations of how the prosecution has bullied and intimidated witnesses. They might as well leak their findings to the media as well.

HeavenSent

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctime.../9445344.htm?1c

Posted on Thu, Aug. 19, 2004

Michael Jackson's lavish lifestyle put on videotaped display

LINDA DEUTSCH

Associated Press

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - The elegant life of Michael Jackson was put on display in a courtroom Thursday when defense attorneys showed videotaped scenes from last year's raid on the pop star's lavish Neverland estate.

With officers trudging ahead of a videographer, scenes from Jackson's life behind the gates of his Tudor-style mansion, with its dark wood paneling and glittery chandeliers, unfolded to show the entertainer's "toy room," where his children played with life-sized "Star Wars" figures and a larger-than-life Superman figure.

There were shots of a huge gumball machine and a room-sized electric train set. There were rocking horses and huge blocks with the letters of the alphabet on them. In a little girl's room with a canopy bed there were many dolls and an ornate doll house.

Also videotaped was Jackson's wine cellar, business office and the "classroom," with its child-sized desks where he had his children home-schooled.

The videotape was viewed at a preliminary hearing in Jackson's child molestation case where defense attorneys are attempting to limit the evidence prosecutors can produce at the entertainer's Jan. 31 trial. Defense attorneys argue that the search, which lasted 15 hours and involved about 40 officers, was overly broad and unjustified.

Jackson, 45, is charged with committing a lewd act upon a child, administering an intoxicating agent and conspiring to commit child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion. He has pleaded not guilty and is free on $3 million bail.

Earlier Thursday, the stepfather of Jackson's accuser testified that he sought payment for video interviews designed to restore the pop star's reputation.

"I said, 'This family has nothing and you're making millions from this and what are you going to do for this little family,'" the witness said of a conversation with someone he identified only as the "gentleman from Neverland."

The stepfather, under questioning by the defense, said the person offered to provide "a college education and buy them a house."

His testimony appeared to bolster defense contentions that the accuser's family tried to "shake down" Jackson for money. Lawyers for Jackson claim the molestation accusations came when no payment was made.

The stepfather was referred to in court as "Mr. Doe" to protect his identity. He said he had been an officer in the Army reserve for 22 years and last May married the mother of the boy, who is a cancer patient.

The attempt to tape the video interviews followed the broadcast of a British, TV documentary, "Living With Michael Jackson," which included the alleged victim and showed Jackson defending his practice of having young boys sleep in his bed. He said the contacts were non-sexual and "very sweet."

When the documentary raised a storm of controversy, the stepfather said, Jackson hired an investigator to record a rebuttal video to vouch for the entertainer's good character.

The stepfather also testified that he asked for compensation at some point from British journalists who came to the family's home after the documentary aired. He said the journalists eventually offered $15,000 for the interview.

The man refused to confirm much of the content of the rebuttal video, saying investigator Bradley Miller virtually ignored him while interviewing everyone else associated with the family.

"You heard Mrs. Doe say very positive things about Michael Jackson, didn't you?" asked Jackson attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr.

"I don't know," the witness said. "I assume nice things were said. It wasn't about me."

Mesereau then said: "You heard Mrs. Doe talk about Mr. Jackson saving her son's life and being a father figure. Do you recall her saying, 'They filmed a beautiful story about Michael and my son?'"

"No," said the witness. "I don't recall that."

The stepfather and other witnesses at this week's proceedings said they did not know Miller was working for Mark Geragos, who was Jackson's lawyer at the time.

The defense is trying to determine whether authorities violated Jackson's attorney-client privilege when they broke into Miller's office and seized the video.

The stepfather appeared annoyed at being in the witness box and repeatedly said there were things he did not recall.

He acknowledged that the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department used him as a confidential agent at one point, sending him to scope out the location of Miller's office.

But he insisted he didn't know that Miller worked for Geragos, and he refused to look at documents to refresh his memory.

"You can show me what you like, but I don't remember him saying who he worked for ... I didn't care who he worked for," the witness said.

Also on Thursday, Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville authorized the Sheriff's Department to release the results of an investigation by the state attorney general's office into the treatment of Jackson after he surrendered to authorities last November.

The report concluded that Jackson was not mistreated, as he claimed, while he was in custody. The judge said release of the report didn't violate the case's gag order.

Mesereau objected, calling the report "a scam and a sham" to get publicity for the prosecution.