Official May 2 2005 thread

Originally posted by sistahlamb
Your'e right.

Does anyone know anything on if Michael will indeed take the stand when the defence starts thier case???

I have a very strong feeling that if he really does, he will be the first witness that they call.

He should be the frist!! :crystalball:

Tiger Lilly

I think they'll hold out a bit, get the "less-important" witnesses on the stand first and work up to a climax by tieing the links together. That'll give them time to decide whether or not it'll be a good idea to have Michael on the stand. I don't think anyone knows for sure if he will in fact take the stand.

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
I hink they'll hold out a bit, get the "less-important" witnesses on the stand first and work up to a climax by tieing the links together. That'll give them time to decide whether or not it'll be a good idea to have Michael on the stand. I don't think anyone knows for sure if he will in fact take the stand.

Mez better put him up there because if he dont the media will say he lie.

I personally believe that it's almost mandatory for any defendant to take the stand and testify in their own defense. Wasn't it already reported and clarified by Raymone Bain that he was currently discussing wether or not he would take the stand?

alfredo

Originally posted by koprulestheworld
Mez better put him up there because if he dont the media will say he lie.

I'm not concerned whether MJ takes the stand or not. Mez said in his opening that "You will hear from Mr. Jackson". Outtakes from the Brashit Doc will be shown during the defense section.

I want this trial over now! If MJ testifies Sneddon will take forever during his cross of MJ. He also will attempt to bring in every old "witness" he can during the final section to impeach anything MJ says. That could could add a couple of weeks on MJ's testimony alone.
I'll leave this to Mez. But if the defense case is going extremely well, I wouldn't do it.

Everything promised by the presecutor has fallen apart. I read a story where Jim Hammer (dumb pundit) said that there is a lot of corraboration of crazy mama's story. There is absolutely no corraboration except to her phsycosis. The wheels have fallen off this case. MJ testifying gives this case standing. I would think long and hard before I gave Sneddumb the satisfaction.

-my thoughts

:sneddoncrybaby

alfredo

OMG I JUST HEARD ON FOX NEWS:

FRANK CASHED A CHECK!!!

:cryptic

So.... Michael has millions at his disposal at any given time. No one has shown why millions are being withdrawn. It has no relevance to this case. No one gave the mother money. No one has suggested a "pay-off". So, either the money went to MJ, to a project, or to some thief's pocket. Give us more to go on.... :D

Jackson Banker Testifies About Check Cashing

By Sally Connell and Michael Muskal, Special to The Times

SANTA MARIA, Calif. – A banker took the stand in the Michael Jackson molestation trial this morning as the prosecution pushed to complete its case.

Beverly Wagner was manager of a US Bank's Santa Monica branch in April 2003 when, she testified, she helped a Jackson aide, Fred Marc Schaffel, cash two checks worth $1.5 million.

One check was for $1 million, turned into cash on April 2, 2003. A few days later, Schaffel cashed a check for $500,000. The money came from an account whose only signatories were Schaffel and Jackson.

There was no indication whether Jackson received the money or for what purpose the money was meant. Under cross-examination, Wagner said she only spoke to Jackson once and that she couldn't recall what they discussed.

Many witnesses have named Schaffel, who is one of the unindicted co-conspirators, as a key person in trying to contain the publicity fallout from a February 2003 British documentary in which Jackson held hands with the boy who later accused him of molestation. Jackson also said on the tape that he innocently slept with young boys.

Jackson, 46, is charged with molesting the boy, then 13, in early 2003 at the star's Neverland ranch. He is also charged with giving the minor alcohol and with conspiring with aides to control the accuser and his family.

After Wagner, Craig Bonner, now a sergeant with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department, testified about the flurry of phone calls among Jackson aides.

Last week, telephone company executives produced pages of records among Schaffel and other unindicted co-conspirators including Frank Tyson, also known as Frank Cascio, Dieter Weisner, Ronald Konitzer and Vincent Amen. Many calls were also placed to Jackson bodyguard Chris Carter, who carried a phone used by the singer, though it was unknown who received the calls.

The charts of the phone calls introduced by Bonner showed an upsurge around Feb. 12, 2003. That was about six days after the broadcast of the British documentary in the United States and the period when aides were working to offset the bad publicity. They were also seeking out the accuser and his family to make a rebuttal video.

Dist. Atty. Thomas Sneddon said last week that he hoped to complete presenting the prosecution case Tuesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Times correspondent Connell reported from Santa Maria; Times staff writer Muskal handled rewrite from Los Angeles.

What was the money use for??

alfredo

Jackson Banker Testifies About Check Cashing

By Sally Connell and Michael Muskal, Special to The Times

SANTA MARIA, Calif. – A banker took the stand in the Michael Jackson molestation trial this morning as the prosecution pushed to complete its case.

Beverly Wagner was manager of a US Bank's Santa Monica branch in April 2003 when, she testified, she helped a Jackson aide, Fred Marc Schaffel, cash two checks worth $1.5 million.

One check was for $1 million, turned into cash on April 2, 2003. A few days later, Schaffel cashed a check for $500,000. The money came from an account whose only signatories were Schaffel and Jackson.

There was no indication whether Jackson received the money or for what purpose the money was meant. Under cross-examination, Wagner said she only spoke to Jackson once and that she couldn't recall what they discussed.

Many witnesses have named Schaffel, who is one of the unindicted co-conspirators, as a key person in trying to contain the publicity fallout from a February 2003 British documentary in which Jackson held hands with the boy who later accused him of molestation. Jackson also said on the tape that he innocently slept with young boys.

Jackson, 46, is charged with molesting the boy, then 13, in early 2003 at the star's Neverland ranch. He is also charged with giving the minor alcohol and with conspiring with aides to control the accuser and his family.

After Wagner, Craig Bonner, now a sergeant with the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department, testified about the flurry of phone calls among Jackson aides.

Last week, telephone company executives produced pages of records among Schaffel and other unindicted co-conspirators including Frank Tyson, also known as Frank Cascio, Dieter Weisner, Ronald Konitzer and Vincent Amen. Many calls were also placed to Jackson bodyguard Chris Carter, who carried a phone used by the singer, though it was unknown who received the calls.

The charts of the phone calls introduced by Bonner showed an upsurge around Feb. 12, 2003. That was about six days after the broadcast of the British documentary in the United States and the period when aides were working to offset the bad publicity. They were also seeking out the accuser and his family to make a rebuttal video.

Dist. Atty. Thomas Sneddon said last week that he hoped to complete presenting the prosecution case Tuesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Times correspondent Connell reported from Santa Maria; Times staff writer Muskal handled rewrite from Los Angeles.

What was the money use for??

Too bad Chris Carter is in jail and won't be able to discuss the phone calls :lol:

Of course, there was an upsurge in activity. There is a video being shown around the world that has been fabricated to paint MJ as a sicko. Problem for the prosecution, no one except drama mama has testified to a conspiracy. None of the kids said they were hostages, they left and came back, they went on their own to movies, body waxes,... No money exchanged hands. This is weak, weak, weak!

:sneddoncr

Tiger Lilly

And that shows Michael was involved in this how? None of the calls were to him. Debbie is right in what she said.

I'm not really sure what relevance this money has either. It just conflicts with the claim by the prosecution that Michael needed money. I don't see this being important as Michael moves large sums of money about all the time. It's nothing unusual and it doesn't prove anything at all.

Aaliyah

52747966.jpg

SpecialJanet25

And that shows Michael was involved in this how? None of the calls were to him. Debbie is right in what she said.

I'm not really sure what relevance this money has either. It just conflicts with the claim by the prosecution that Michael needed money. I don't see this being important as Michael moves large sums of money about all the time. It's nothing unusual and it doesn't prove anything at all.

The whole thing doesn't make sense. They haven't even prove why Michael would allegedly hold this family against their will and then started molested Gavin. What's the whole point of this conspiracy? It doesn't make any sense.

I'm not really sure what relevance this money has either

I'm not really sure if the prosecution know the relevance of this so called "revelation". They seem to be very obscure when they've been adressing the conspiracy charges and it looks like the obscurity is playing a central role in this portion of the case, once again. They don't seem to be elaborting on the importance of this evidence and how it indicate's that this was part of a conspiracy

I doubt we'll ever be able to understand the prosecution's theory as to how this evidence (?) relates to a conspiracy.. It's beyond me

Originally posted by SpecialJanet25
The whole thing doesn't make sense. They haven't even prove why Michael would allegedly hold this family against their will and then started molested Gavin. What's the whole point of this conspiracy? It doesn't make any sense.

Good point....

Supposedly when all this was going on was when MJ decided to molest that moronic kid. :bs Unbelieveable.

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by SpecialJanet25
Who knows? The prosecution wants us to believe Michael is this criminal master-mind who put this whole "conspiracy" together, yet he must be the dumbest person in the world to start "molesting" Gav!n straight after LWMJ when the media was in a spin about the doc. And how the hell is Michael protecting himself by alledgedly holding them hostage? That's never been explained. Puh-leease Sneddumb, don't insult our intelligence! :careless

And Jamie, I completely agree with you. :thumbsup

this is all just so bizarre. i honestly have been looking at this from all angles and cannot see ow it possibly relates to conspiracy or molestation. maybe because the money was withdrawn in cash its suspect, but no one has testified to recieving large amounts of money for silence or bribes, so....the point is?
:lol:

Cristine87

How does any of this connect Michael to conspiracy? I keep hearing Mark Schaffel, not Michael Jackson! I can't wait for the defense to begin their case so they could make them look stupid...well, more then they already have!