Official May 27 2005 thread

HeavenSent

Originally posted by got2makeitright
Why? Does it sound like me? lol :lol:
No.

Anyway, Mystique is correct about the ruling on the tape.

excerpt:
The judge said he was only admitting the tape so that jurors could see the boy's demeanor, not so they could determine whether he was telling the truth. Melville said that would limit the questions the defense could ask to those about the boys' spontaneity and behavior.

Defense attorney Robert Sanger said the defense wants to ask the boy about the timeline in which he made the allegations to show that his declarations to law enforcement officers were not spontaneous.

Sanger said that Stan J. Katz, the psychologist who first reported the allegations to authorities, learned of them from the boy's sister, who had heard them from the boy. Sanger said Katz then interviewed the boy and heard them himself.

But Sanger said that on the tape the boy says he has not told his brother or his sister about the alleged molestation.

The judge said he would be inclined to allow such questioning because "it's evidence that a jury could infer shows lack of spontaneity."

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...hael_jackson_20

got2makeitright

ok anyways here in what a other fan said on kop site:

BigBoi999

Today, 12:33 PM Post #210

BAD

Group: Members
Member No.: 251

The defense set Sneedon up, they really wanted him to show this tape. And they knew that if they opposed it, Melville will allow it in. This was a rop-a-dope. Cos if Gavin is breaking down telling the cops for the first time...The defense will put Katz on the stand and open up his notes as to how he first heard of it....Then there is Larry Feldman. The defense rested with Chris Tucker but hoped that this happened in rebuttal and it did. Cos T-Mez will have to know that Sneedon will try and rehab Gavin and Janet with this tape but he just opened up a pandorax box.

MystiqueX2004

Originally posted by sistahlamb
I didn't quite understand that part. Can U clarify???

basically, after mez kinda destroyed the mother's and Gavin's credibility, the prosecution needed to show a more sympathetic side by showing the video....but because the video supposedly contains a lot of contradictions to Gavin's testimony in court, it is like opening a pandora's box, because the prosecution is giving the defense two chances to go at Gavin again and confront him with his conflicting accounts. One chance through cross-examination(if Gavin takes the stand again) and another chance through their rebuttal (when or if they call Gavin back to the stand)......

SexyMJLover

here's a few pics from 2day so far...

day60pic4.bmp

day60pic3.bmp

day60pic2.bmp

i'll try and find more as they come in ok! :thumbsup

alfredo

Originally posted by sistahlamb
I didn't quite understand that part. Can U clarify???

Sis,

The D.A (dumba$$) has to rehabilitate the image of this accuser and his family after the defense case that shows they are lying, 2-faced bastards. So, he thought let's show the tape without a cross-exam. No such luck. Mez is going to call this kid and his mother back (that's the pandora's box)

I bet Mez was going to save the timeline for his closing but now he's going to hit them with it in their own rebuttal. Based on R. Friedman's report of trial activity, yesterday was not a bad day for the defense at all. The way this is shaping up the D.A's rebuttal will be an extension of the defense case. Just like the D.A's direct case, most of the really important witnesses turn into defense witnesses.

Believe me, Mez will bring up the rebuttal tape and say "You look pretty convincing in this tape...Were you acting?" G:'No'. "Your mother says you were. She say she was like Catwoman (Halle Berry). Who were you like? [DA-Objection..Argumentative] [Melville]" "So. Were you lying or acting or even telling the truth" G:"I don't remember" "You are pretty convincing you lied to your teacher when you said nothing happened. You lied to the DCFS workers. Is that right?" G:"Yes". "Its hard to tell when you're lying and/or telling the truth. Isn't it?"[DA-Objection..Argumentative][Melville:Overruled. The witness will answer" G: "I Don't know"

This is precious.

:sneddoncrybaby

Cristine87

Originally posted by alfredo

Believe me, Mez will bring up the rebuttal tape and say "You look pretty convincing in this tape...Were you acting?" G:'No'. "Your mother says you were. She say she was like Catwoman (Halle Berry). Who were you like? [DA-Objection..Argumentative] [Melville]" "So. Were you lying or acting or even telling the truth" G:"I don't remember" "You are pretty convincing you lied to your teacher when you said nothing happened. You lied to the DCFS workers. Is that right?" G:"Yes". "Its hard to tell when you're lying and/or telling the truth. Isn't it?"[DA-Objection..Argumentative][Melville]

Yeah, that sounds pretty accurate!

SexyMJLover

Originally posted by classicaldj1
You have day 60 on your pics.

It is day 62 of the trial.

aaah yeh, sorry about that lol! :bagoverhe only i counted from 28th Feb wen the first proper day of testimony started, and that did make it 60 days 2day! i was gonna change it, but there's way too many for me to go thru now! :splitting :lol:

if any1 would like to see the album i've made of all the best trial pics up until yday, they're on my photobucket... Trial pics :thumbsup