Okay so, who\'s going?!!!!!?

ajkinkycuffs

So I found a site called lastminute.com
They have last minute flights for VERY cheap. The drawbacks is you can't get flight information for dates other than the month you are in or dates close to it. So this month, they only have dates for March I believe. And also there may be long layovers if you have to get two planes to get to London etc. It actually helps if you leave from a large city like in the U.S if you leave from LA, Vegas, NY, etc. instead of a smaller lesser known city.

For example for me I live in Fresno, Ca. I quoted prices of about 1500+ dollars per ticket per person (flight & hotel) at sites like yahoo, travelocity, orbitz etc. And there's two of us. But if I drove to LA (3hr drive) and parked in the overnight parking at the Airport, left from LA to London(Heathrow Airport) it significantly cut down the price. I quoted a 3 day example this month for about 1300 (flight & Hotel) for TWO people (at lastminute.com).
This can be good for people who may be able to go last minute and need better rates quick. Or if they're not sure. Just depends. I know people like to book ahead of time. And then there could be the issue of the fact that it's summer time(at least on the northern hemisphere of the planet lol) and flights may be more because more people vacation during that time. But also you can weight the factors that fuel is a bit cheaper now, we're in a ressesion and airlines are looking for customers. There may be more deals around then. Who knows. But this is just an idea. Thought I'd help.

I think it would be a great idea for MJEOLers to get together and meet. That would be really cool. Maybe we can keep that in mind and then the closer we get to the dates we can find out if people are going for sure etc etc.

Also another thing I'd like to ask, is this presale for UK customers only? On twitter people are saying that on the MJJNews on twitter I'm signed up to. That kinda sucks. But I can see how they'd do that though because there's already so many people to be expected to sign up it would be hard. I hear some people have gotten they're pin's already, but I don't know where they are located at though.

If my mom and I are going to see MJ in London, I have some questions about the transporation part.
Our most likely plan is we're going to the Heathrow Airport (or it could be Gatwick, or Stansted..just depends on which flight we choose), how can we get to the O2? I know that each airport is about an hour away from the venue. I'm actually scared of driving there so I don't think we're going to be doing that lol (being from the U.S we drive on the right side of the road, and on the left side of the car). I hear there is a train that goes there? What kinds of transportation do they have that will run all night? Because most likely it's going to be hell getting out of the venue and it's going to be late and I don't want to be running after no buses or trains then LOL.

danaluvsmj

Jelly, you can sign up for the presale at michaeljacksonlive.com. It's not limited to people in the UK. I signed up already.

I looked at etickets.com yesterday and was in for a shock. The cheapest tickets went for $300! :blink: I think those may be scalpers though, since the presale isn't until the 11th and they're not on sale yet.

ajkinkycuffs

danaluvsmj;209628 said:
Jelly, you can sign up for the presale at michaeljacksonlive.com. It's not limited to people in the UK. I signed up already.

I looked at etickets.com yesterday and was in for a shock. The cheapest tickets went for $300! :blink: I think those may be scalpers though, since the presale isn't until the 11th and they're not on sale yet.

I know I did sign up for the presale. But people are saying that they're only giving passwords to people who live in the UK. And that the presale is only open to people who have UK address or whatever.
They did announce anyone selling any tickets right now are not to be trusted. BUT they do give tickets to some vendors..they may buy up like certain amount of tickets to shows and sell them. But I'm just not so sure that these are legit being that is early. So I say just ignore those. Besides, why purchase 300 dollar tickets when they're on sale for 105 and lower? LOL. Although, who knows how good the seats they're selling for those prices will be. I'd only use those other sites for last resorts though lol.

Ben

samba;209572 said:
If I will get the ticket I'm going.

You will get a ticket, it just depends how good a ticket you get for the official price. Because many ticket agencies by up all the best seats and sell them at 4 times there original price. And corporations by tickets as part of business deals with the promoters !

Ben;209632 said:
You will get a ticket, it just depends how good a ticket you get for the official price. Because many ticket agencies by up all the best seats and sell them at 4 times there original price. And corporations by tickets as part of business deals with the promoters !

OMIGOD!!! Really???? What if I can't buy tickets because they are selling it twice or thrice or more than the original price itself????? What if I buy it online on the michaeljackson.com website, can I guarantee that I will really get the tickets and that they will take out the exact charges out from my credit card? Do you know? I am just worried because thinking that a lot of people will buy it, I hope I wont be a victim of fraud! :(:idontknow:unsure:

ajkinkycuffs

sunshine.larrazabal;209633 said:
OMIGOD!!! Really???? What if I can't buy tickets because they are selling it twice or thrice or more than the original price itself????? What if I buy it online on the michaeljackson.com website, can I guarantee that I will really get the tickets and that they will take out the exact charges out from my credit card? Do you know? I am just worried because thinking that a lot of people will buy it, I hope I wont be a victim of fraud! :(:idontknow:unsure:

Well, no one can guarantee you of ever getting a ticket. And that's from Michaeljackson.com as well. The legitimacy of it is not in question. It's more of whether or not they will all be sold out before you try for your ticket that's the issue. And they will go fast. Also, there is going to be booking fees and taxes added to the total price of your tickets. You won't know until you check out. And that may be different depending on where you live at too. I've never bought at those other sites that sell tickets, but a lot have protection from fraud though. Like if you don't get your tickets that you paid for etc. Just depends on who you buy it from.

To be honest, I say try buying your tickets from MichaelJackson.com to be on the safe side first. That's the official place to buy them. If you absolutely have to purchase them somewhere else, make sure you read all the information and make sure the site is legit.

luisamj

If I will have the chance to buy a ticket, I will go to he concert. It is a dream come true because I never saw MJ live. This will be the first time and I am dreaming it for so many years. I will be very dissapointed if I will lose this chance.

ajkinkycuffs;209635 said:
Well, no one can guarantee you of ever getting a ticket. And that's from Michaeljackson.com as well. The legitimacy of it is not in question. It's more of whether or not they will all be sold out before you try for your ticket that's the issue. And they will go fast. Also, there is going to be booking fees and taxes added to the total price of your tickets. You won't know until you check out. And that may be different depending on where you live at too. I've never bought at those other sites that sell tickets, but a lot have protection from fraud though. Like if you don't get your tickets that you paid for etc. Just depends on who you buy it from.

To be honest, I say try buying your tickets from MichaelJackson.com to be on the safe side first. That's the official place to buy them. If you absolutely have to purchase them somewhere else, make sure you read all the information and make sure the site is legit.

Thanx Jelly for the response. And thanks for reminding me about the additional fees such as the booking and tax, I almost forget that.. I wonder if we can only buy 3 tickets for three nights rather than buying tickets for the 10-night shows because surely, I could not afford to pay (let's just round it off to a larger amount to be safe) 1500 or more. I was thinking of going on the first two nights and then the last night of the show. When he went to my country in 1996, since I lived in a province which is truly far from where he performed and the fact that I was still a student and could not afford the tickets, I just watched him in the news during his arrival and when he came out from the plane he hugged one of the flight stewardesses. Since he announced that this will be his last show IN London (who knows, it might really be the last), I don't wanna miss it. Hope to see you there MJEOL members.. Thanks again Jelly! :)

privacy

Well, I've signed up to the presale thingy and just continually crossing my fingers and biting my nails. I really hope I get to see him, I've always sworn to myself that if he performed again I'd be there, no matter where it was. As I'm in the same country, I'll kick myself if I don't get tickets.

ajkinkycuffs

No problema sunshine :D

I'm scared to drop a good 2k to see him because I've never done that kind of thing before. I usually don't spend money like that unless it's bills. But I'm scared this WILL be his last performances and I don't want to miss it. I'd definately kick myself for it as well.

I'll tell yah, I'm so glad there will be seats cause it would be just absolutely nutz if there wasn't any. I'm going to have to wear my boots when I go case I might have to hurt somebody LOL. I know people can get overwhelmed and over emotional for MJ so I'm expecting some crazies to pop out there.

So I've already started saving up. Let's just say I'm going to be visiting the recycling center for the next 5 months VERY frequently lmao. No joke what so ever!
LOL My mom and I are determined to go.

Simply The Best;209649 said:
I May be In Hospital then :idontknow
:wink so Im Not Going.
Will watch all on TV.

aww... If I may ask and pardon me if I am asking u this but are you gonna be working??????? Or... appointment for something? I hope we all gonna be okay because Michael is performing once again, right? Hope everything's gonna be okay with you.. :)

Got mine for the 24th of August... Do u think the songs are going to be the same for that 17 shows he will have? I mean, I was thinking of watching 3 shows though but then some of my friends and co-workers told me that he will be performing and singing the same songs in every show and I thought that is impossible because he got lots and lots of songs and I don't think he's gonna like that singing 10 diffferent songs in one shows but has to do it over and over until the last performance he will be doing...??? :blink: I might say that there could be some days wherein he has to do the same songs and dance but not for the entire 17 shows or whatever... :idontknow I am going ot try again to get a ticket closer to the 24th of August because I only have to stay in London for a week or 10 days the most.. I have to go back to work and hopefully by that time, I'd be ready to take the final step in my nursing career, the CRNE test.. I wish you luck, Michael for your entire shows! I will be wearing or carrying white shirt with a BIG sign- MJEOL, is that okay, Whisper? :) See you there guys! :cloud9

Ben

I've just got a Floor Seat tickets, Block A2 Row W for January 12th 2010. I will now wait until tomorrow to buy another ticket for this year, and I won't need to be so choosy what seat I get because I now know I'm going to see Michael close up in concert, even though it's a very long wait.

Ben;209664 said:
I've just got a Floor Seat tickets, Block A2 Row W for January 12th 2010. I will now wait until tomorrow to buy another ticket for this year, and I won't need to be so choosy what seat I get because I now know I'm going to see Michael close up in concert, even though it's a very long wait.

Good for you, Ben! How did you buy it? Thru the window in O2? Plus the fact that you are from there, no wonder you can choose at once the seat/s you want! Mine is totally far from the stage but I guess I will just stick to it or else I wont be able to get ticket/s anyhow.. I hope we will all enjoy it! :)

Missy

I'm going! I got a presale code and got some decent tickets yesterday. I'm sooooo excited! Still can't actually believe I'm going. :cloud9

danaluvsmj

After trying all day yesterday, I finally got tickets for January 9th! And they're good seats too, Block Section B2! Yay!!!:D

^^

Watch out, you all...us American fans are coming over for this!! :D :D lol. Me, Dana, Evalie and our friend Petra. Hope to see/meet at least some of you all there! :8-26-03fruits_apple

And once again, Dana, you rock...thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for snagging those for us! :wub::8-26-03respect:

*still in shock, pinching self..lol*