wats up with MJ and tears?

Badine

I hate it when men have too much ego to show their emotions. Crying is a good way to drain yourself of all that emotional build up. Well I know that I feel better after I had a good cry.

My fiance (I cant get over that word! haha!) is really sensitive. Certain songs get him emotional and it doesnt take much for him to shed tears. He even sheds tears when hes overly happy. I love him for what he is and I think he has a lot of guts. Hes not afraid to let me know exacly how hes feeling. Im the same way too. Once I see my man in tears then the water works start up for me. And we both cry and hold eachother after sad movies. haha.

My dad has too much ego to show emotion and he often gives me a hard time when I cry. I feel sorry for him. I think its from the way he was brought up.

frozen rose

aw! I find it extremely relieving to see man cry! It shows they are a true human being! Men that are too afraid to show their emotions are just going to make themselves ill! It's a true fact, if any person that doesn't want people to see their emotions, and don't express themselves their going to make themselves physically or mentally ill :( I feel sorry for men that have too much ego!

Michael Jackson is a perfect example for a TRUE human being! He's not afraid to express himself emotionally, maybe physically... lol. Some people see the man as a 'cry baby', because any shape of form of crying is a so called 'weakness'! I don't agree with this at all, it's so shallow! Michael Jackson has the right to shed tears... don't you agree?

P dub

ok loveme and mjkougra, so u say its weird and wrong for a man to cry right? so if ur mom died and ur dad just sat at the funeral just smiling how would u feel? for real get real how old r u guys? seriously cuz yall needs to experience life and break the "Typical" mold that a man is supposed to act walk and talk this way.......b cuz most men dont fit into a "typical" male mold. And to say that u feel weird when a man cries that shows that yall are heartless, or have not experienced life itself or are afraid to show your emotions b cuz of what someone else may think.
PLEAZE! :nonono:

frozen rose

P dub (Princeton), where the hell are you getting the facts that LoveMeIfYouDare said she found it weird for a man to cry? I checked every single post from her and I never saw anything like that in her damn sentences!

Shannon

Originally posted by frozen rose
aw! Michael Jackson is a perfect example for a TRUE human being! He's not afraid to express himself emotionally, maybe physically... lol. Some people see the man as a 'cry baby', because any shape of form of crying is a so called 'weakness'! I don't agree with this at all, it's so shallow! Michael Jackson has the right to shed tears... don't you agree?

Im so agree with you. I hate when the media and other people call him a crying puppy or something like that - they really dont see the real and wonderful person Michael Jackson really is. They dont even try.

Theres nothing wrong with a man showing emotions, it just show they are a person with a heart and soul of beauty.

Michael's obvious sensitivity is one of the many things I love and admire about him. He so does NOT have this "macho man" BS mantality about him. He is not afraid to express his feelings/emotions, making him ten times more of a man than any of those "bad asses" out there..*rollseyes* LOL :lol: And you can tell that these displays of emotion are genuine....he doesn't put on airs. I love that about him..

Saphster

He cries because he's human, lol.

And it's a good thing that we know that he's a regular human man with a kind heart, and sense of humor, and not some untouchable God.

Yikes, guys don't pound all over the guy. In America men are taught to hide thier soft side, they are called a "fag" for far less offenses than crying. Therefor, men crying is NOT a common image or sight. Also, crying is seen as a form of weakness - it's not up for debate, it's just a common feeling. Michael Jackson has always cried freely - it's something that people know about him. I feel it does make him brave, but it is unusual. It's another reason why people were convinced that he was gay, because in our culture it seems gay men are allowed to be more in touch with thier emotions.

Now crying is associated with women. I am a woman, but considered myself quite strong, for decades I *didn't* cry. In the last few years I've cried a lot though...not from physical pain (I still don't cry over that), but from true sorrow and inner pain that I couldn't resolve. I still avoid crying in public like the plague...can't stand the idea of people seeing me weak. So, call me a macho chick...whatever, but I feel guys on the "don't let them see you cry" thing. It's stupid, but I can't help it. My mom was mostly the same and I never saw my father cry either.

Good topic!! P.S. I totally hate that any guy who's the least bit sensitive gets stereo-typed as gay. Very represive and annoying. I often think of how lucky I am to be a strong woman, but I don't have to worry about being labeled for it. There has been the occasional "transgender" comment, but that's rare. Besides, I think androgeny is cool.

abbymjgirl

Michael is human and just like you and me cry, he cries. I don't think it's 'wierd' to see a man cry. I don't think it makes them any less manly. Michael cries and that's okay, he feels like it.

-JANIE-

Michael is sensitive, and he cries because the emotion he has is too big for him to contain. Which is pretty much the reason anyone cries. I believe that men that can't cry are weaker rather than stronger. On the other hand, some men cry (talking about an ex-boyfriend here) because they know it will produce an emotional reaction in their partner - in this instance my b/friend used it as blackmail and I got so sick of it I used to be really hard on him which is exactly what he deserved.

When Michael cries, I hate it - especially when he's crying because of something terrible he's been through or because he's in pain. You feel kind of helpless in that situation.

Just as another example, most of you know I'm an F1 nut and nuts in particular about Michael Schumacher. Michael was a man portrayed by the media as a robot, unfeeling, on autopilot, and cold emotionally. This seemed to fit with the perception of his German race in the British media at the time. Then, in August 2000, he broke down and cried -sobbed his heart out - in the Press conference after the Italian Grand Prix. Everyone was stunned, even his brother who was sitting next to him at the time. That broke my heart - and to make it worse - Michael was mortified and horrendously embarrassed as a result. I can't watch the tape of that press conference without shedding a tear.

The next day, the papers were filled with headlines such as "He's human!" which kinda made me feel a bit sick... of course he's human. Everyone is!!