Geraldo Interview + Cosby Interview Feb 5 2005 + Feb 6 2005

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by HeavenSent
But anyways, I loved this interview! For some reason, it's when he's spiritual that always makes me smile the most.

I loved this interview too. My heart comes to Michael and his family. I want this nightmare to end.

HeavenSent

Katherine's interview broke my heart :( This scam needs to end soon. This is her child who she loves more than life itself.

SpecialJanet25

I hope Bashir was watching this. This is how you conduct a real interview. You engage the subject, not annoy the hell out of them. Clearly, Michael was comfortable with Geraldo. I give Gerry props.

Yup, Totally Agree HeavenSent I want to beat Bashir's ass for the crap he put on Michael.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Unchecked, computer generated transcript

Show: At Large with Geraldo Rivera
Date: Feb 5 2005

>> Michael Jackson: I'm doing fine geraldo, how are you?

>> Geraldo Rivera: Despite whatever goes on in the world you are doing okay?

>> Jackson: I'm doing well, thank you.

>> Rivera: It wonderful seeing you with the children that is the real michael jackson. You with your own children, one in diapers the other two toddlers. I don't know how you manage all of that

>> Jackson: I enjoy taking care of my children myself. It is fun, that's why i had them. So I can take care of them. It is great relief for me, it is pleasure. It keeps me happy and laughing. -- Laughing and they are wonderful, sweet innocent children, they really are.

>> Rivera: I saw you as the arbitrator between the nickelodeon channel and the Disney channel. Difficult problems to solve there.

>> Jackson: Yes.

>> Rivera: But you have such a normal life there. It is sweet to so. -- Sweet to see.

>> Jackson: Thank you. They bring me that.

>> Rivera: Tell me what the children mean to you, your own children?

>> Jackson: It hard to put into words. They mean everything. They are the world for me. I wake up and I'm ready for the day because of them. I give them breakfast, change diapers. They want to read. We do a lot of reading. We play hide-and-seek and blindfold. I have a wonderful time with them.

>> Rivera: You can create a world that at least begins to seem normal. They don't know any other world, obviously.

>> Jackson: I do my best for sure.

>> Rivera: That is obviously a priority to you?

>> Jackson: Yes, of course. I want to be the best father in the world, of course.

>> Rivera: Do they know who you are or what you mean to people?

>> Jackson: Yes, they do. They've been on tours with me. And in limousines. And a sea of fans.

>> Rivera: Do they like it?

>> Jackson: They find it sighting. They want to get on stage. They bug me to go on stage with me. Pretty soon I'm going to take them on with me and let world see them for the first time.

>> Rivera: They are going to say daddy I want to go home and watch nickelodeon.

>> Jackson:probably.

(more coming)

>> Rivera: How do you feel income the recording studio again, focusing on the music again. It is a relief, in a sense?

>> Jackson: It is a great relief. It is what i do. It makes me feel like I'm totally at home. I'm into my own. This is what I'm here for. Any of the arts like that, could be film, music, any type of art, i love it.

>> Rivera: When you are being the "king of pop" that's when you are most comfortable or is it the creative process?

>> Jackson: Creative process, yes i love creating. I'm obsessed with creating.

>> Rivera: I saw you and randy the way you guys react. Reminisce san of the way my brothers and i are together. Who is top dog?

>> Jackson: Randy.

>> Rivera: That's not what i saw. But you trust your family?

>> JacksoN: Of course, you have to do.

>> Rivera: Is it blood thicker than water thing?

>> Jackson: Yeah, family is everything to us. It is love. It is what we were taught. And values and we are friends at the end of the day which is important. Other than what the public or press say, we are friends. We love each other very much.

>> Rivera: Is the family still closely knit despite the tabloid stuff?

>> Jackson: That is sensationalism.

>> Rivera: How do you deal with everything in your life being magnified, exaggerated?

>> Jackson: It is not true. It is look liking 4 at science fiction. It is sad when other people have to read those things and believe it.

>> Rivera: You feel like holding a press conference every week and saying this is the rumor de jure.

>> Jackson: No, because i know the truth will re-- prevail and I'm about truth.

>> Rivera: I can't find anyone who has been more frivolously sued than you for the most outrageous reasons.

(music: Billy jeanne is not my lover)

>> Rivera: One of your attorneys told me that a woman called bill police jean jackson called and said, -- called billy jean jackson, called and said, I'm the wife. Billy jean from your hit song. First of all, does it affect you?

>> Jackson: Does it affect me?

>> Rivera: Yeah.

>> Jackson: Yes, but I'm, I'm i am in a way, I'm very strong. I have rhinoceros skin, but I'm human. Anything can hurt like that. But I'm very strong. I just don't want people hearing about such false information.

>> Rivera: For instance did you father quadruplets last year.

They became twins. I don't know what happened to the other two, maybe in were abducted by aliens.

>> Jackson: Heard about that story. They said I'm hiding them or something. Another made-up rumor. The bigger the star, the bigger the target. I'm not saying I'm the super duper star, I'm not saying that I'm saying the fact that people come at celebrities, we are targets. But, truth always prevails. And i believe in that. I believe in god.

>> Rivera: Does that faith sustain you?

>> Jackson: Of course it does.

>> Rivera: How about friendship?

>> Jackson: What about friendship?

>> Rivera: Do you rely on friends have people stayed with you through thick and thin. Who are your best friend?

>> Jackson: My children. My family, my brothers and my sisters. Most people have.

>> Rivera: Do you want to mention the names of the true blue?

>> Jackson: Faithful, you wouldn't know them.

>> Rivera: Elizabeth Taylor.

>> Jackson: She is very loyal. I was just at her house. We have wonderful talks on the phone at night, several times a week sometimes.

>> Rivera: How long have you two been friends?

>> Jackson: I've known Elizabeth closely since which was 16.

>> Rivera: And you've been make music since you were five. In your fifth decade, 41 years of making music.

>> Rivera: Ever get sick of it?

>> Jackson: No, not at all. I never get enough of it.

>> Rivera: You ever get sick of randy?
(laughter)
>> Rivera: Never. He's here, ladies and gentlemen.

>> Jackson: He's been very supportive. Amazingly, brilliant, really.

>> Rivera: They are all different, your whole family crazy, eccentric?

>> Jackson: Every one is different. Like any family you have the different elements.

Different. That's what makes it a family.

>> Rivera: When you have such intense any, how do you live any kind of normal life? How do you have fun outside of your own prompt?

>> Jackson: I don't. I go off property sometimes, but not all the time. I create my world behind the gates. I can't go to the local movie theater or the park or pick up ice cream at market, corner store. You want to create that world behind the gates. And that's what i try and do. It is not just for me, if i could share with my family or friends, i do.

>> Rivera: And that necessity for some privacy drives all these -- crazy rumors and speculations. Difficult balancing act that you have to endure?

>> Jackson: Yes, comes with celebrity.

>> Rivera: You're not complaining, are you?

>> Jackson: No.

>> Rivera: I don't, I try rub it off. I don't know what I'm the king of.

>> Jackson: King of journalism.

>> Rivera: What is it about children -- king of journalism. (laughter)

What is it about children in distress your own fatherhood that motivates that?

>> Jackson: Caring. Jesus said bring on the children, take care of others, take care of old people. We were raised with those values, very important values and my family and I. They continue strong in us today.

>> Rivera: When we come back, Jackson talks about a musical reunion with his brothers for a wonderful cause that is after this.

>> Jackson: We are family, that's what we are. And my mother is strong. My father is strong. Even stronger together. We didn't know that from those humble beginnings success would bring about this.

>> (live) Rivera: I've taken firm and public positions on every case from O.J. Simpson to the Clinton impeachment. None has generated the negative attention-this one. Spirited exchange last night with jay leno i figured out why. Every one of us has formed an indelible image of michael jackson over the years. From his plastic surgeries to the changing skin color to what some consider his bizarre public or private behavior. As i said to jay leno last night, none of that is relevant to the question of whether or not he molested the boy. Jackson talks about what is ahead for him -- professionally, if he beat this is case.

>> Rivera: What about movies? We have not seen you on the big screen in a while.

>> Jackson: I will be directing myself. I love directing. I love creativity. When an -- i love directing. I love creativity. If an artist can express himself the way he sees it should be done. I'm a visionary if i can give that, i do. That's what i love to do with music, film. I love the arts.

>> Rivera: Do think art has a role in real life? Specifically referring to this record and tsunami relief?

>> Rivera: You are doing this song for tsunami relief many tell us the moment you recognized this disasterdiwaso eraornary?Or

>> Jackson: I saw it the day after christmas. As the numbers kept building and escalating it became phenomial no andeve it wasE. I was amazed. I i thought I should do something. Th gave us talent for to give and help people and give back. So my brothers and i decided to put a song together.

>> Rivera: Would you pick up the phone and say hey let's get together.

>> Jackson: You say hey we want to do something in the studio for the tsunami victims, let's get together. And they say great, let's do it.

>> Rivera: However you are back, i think people will appreciate you are back. Wouldn't you exhault in a world where you could concentrate on your art and kids?

>> Jackson: I would love it. That's what drives me is the medium. The art. I love it. And that's the world I'm most come tame -- I'm not comfortable in.

>> Rivera: In gary, indiana, did you ever expect where your world would be as a 46-year-old man?

>> Jackson: I never thought about it, really. I knew i wanted to do something wonderful and to help people. But i never really clearly thought about it when i was really little. I just sang and danced and didn't understand why people were applauding and clapping and screaming. You don't know why.

>> Rivera: When you grow up like that on stage, when do you understand where you fit into society?

>> Jackson: I think it takes longer when you get older, you start to have a more rounded personality. And your brain starts to grow and you start reasoning and understanding more things and researching. That's how it happened for me.

>> Rivera: Isn't it nice to have a conversation on television where people can hear you being ordinary, and reasonable?

>> Jackson: I'm like this all the time. I'm just being myself. God bless you, thank you.

>> Rivera: At a certain point, michael jackson and the brothers jackson kind of separated artisticly. Is this a moment in your life where you are coming back together? What is the big plan? What is the big picture, at this stage in your life, what has been left unachieved? What would you like to do?

>> Jackson: There are a lot of surprises. Film. I love film.

>> Rivera: What else?

>> Jackson: Well, it is not just so much film, it is innovating it and pioneering it. Taking the medium to a new place.

>> (video: Just follow me, i got this.)

>> Rivera: You're not talking about music videos now?

>> Jackson: No. Because i used the music video medium as a short film medium to take me to the next level. And I'm having a lot of fun, you know.

>> I know who you are.

>> (live) Rivera: Upcoming segment michael talks about his dad and the future of his music.

>>>(live) Rivera: Welcome back. This segment begins with michael's assessment of where he fits in the current music scene.

>> Rivera: Do you ever look back and contemplate thrill biggest selling musical performance ever? Do you ever get your arms around that?

>> Jackson: I think about it, sometimes. But i try not to think about it too hard. Because i don't want my subconscious mind to think, I've done it all. 'You are done now'. There's so much. That's why i don't put awards or trophies in my house. You won't find a gold record anywhere in my house. It makes you feel accomplished. I walls want to be feel, no i haven't done it yet.

>> Rivera: King of pop, now i look at some of these performers. 50 cent and another one, i forget his name, they are well-known because they survived, you know, violent attacks where they almost died. And they are into hip-hop. It is a different remember now in popular music. Do you think that you will be more like them, more urban kind of? Or do you think the world will come back to more pop and traditional rock?

>> Jackson: Great music and great melodies are immortal. Fashion change, culture changes, customs change. Great music is immortal. We still listen to mozart, tchaikovsky, any of the greats. It is like great sculpture or great painting, it is forever. For generations upon generations to appreciate forever. And i know that's a fact.

>> Rivera: I interviewed barbra streisand at one point she was going to do duets with other popular artists. She changed the tempo to surprise people. Would you ever consider more of a hip-hop approach?

>> Jackson: I've done a lot of it?

>> Rivera: Rapping. You want to rap now?

>> Jackson: Don't really rap, but i could rap. I've written songs with rap versus -- with rap verses in them. They are better at it than i am. That's why i won't compete with them.

>> Rivera: Despite your isolated life and the fact you've been a star so long you still have what appears to be a profound and passionate relationship with the community.

>> (video: Welcome to Neverland. And merry christmas. And have a wonderful day, okay.)

>> (video: Thank you!)

>> Rivera: Does that support you, does that sustain you, do you agree with me?

>> Jackson: Yes, agree. It is important to love your neighbors.

>> Rivera: Where does that almost instinct love of yours come from, where do you think?

>> Jackson: I think it comes from my mother and god. Values my frnstill in us as youth. She was always there with the bible, teaching us. We go to service all the time. Like four time a week . And I'm so glad we did that. Those values are very important. I don't know if I could have done as well without them.

>> Rivera: Do you still spend time with mom and dad?

Not far from here now?

>> Jackson: That's right.

>> Rivera: What is that relationship about? I'm so close to my mom.

>> Jackson: It is wonderful. At this season in our lives, at this stage, I think you tend to appreciate who your parents are more. What they've done for you. You almost start to retract everything. Where you are in your life and all the wonderful things they instilled in you, you start to see them come forth and take fruition in your life. I'm starting to see a lot of things, traits that my father influenced me on and my mother. It's bee n amazing.

>> Rivera: My friend, Cheech, who you know, his partner Tommy Chung .

>> Jackson: I love that guy.

>> Rivera: He says as he gets older he looks at his father's face in the mirror. Do you feel that. Are you becoming like your dad?

>> Jackson: I'm very much like my father in a lot of ways.

>> Rivera: Tell us.

>> Jackson: He's very strong. He's a warrior. He's always taught us to be courageous and to be confident and to believe in our ideals. No matter what, no star is too far to reach. And you never give up. And our mother taught us that as well, no matter what.

>> Rivera: So you are a warrior also?

>> Jackson: Absolutely.

>> Rivera: That's the way you see yourself?

>> Jackson: Absolutely.

>> Rivera: Tell us more about how you see yourself?

>> Jackson: You have to tell me, no. I try to be kind, generous and to do what god wants me to do. Sometimes I pray and say where do you want me to go next god, what do you want me to go from here. I'm spiritual that way, i always have been, nothing new.

(live)
>> Rivera: I'm joined with michael jackson's spokes person. How did the first week in court go?

>> Raymone Bain: It went very well. It was a long, tiring week for us. And we were all laughing today, because it is just the first week and we are a little tired. But, i think the first week went very well.

>> Rivera: What of -- tell me why, first of all the jury selection is postponed monday?

>> Bain: Regrettably our lead counsel, tom mesereau, his sister is very ill. He has taken time to be with his family. And we would like to send our prayers out to tom.

>> Rivera: Recommences thursday -- recommences thursday?

>> Bain: Yes.

>> Rivera: How is michael doing.

>> Bain: Well this was a busy week. Was focused, it seemed like there were so many people surprised about that.

>> Rivera: How focus he was?

>> Bain: Yes.

It is amazes me sometimes. People tend to believe what they read. And they have these misconceptions. He was about -- about business and very hands on in his defense.

>> Rivera: I think he should be.

Coming up michael in neverland. Standby, be right back. .

>> Rivera: On stage since the age of five, worldwide star since the age of 12, Michael jackson has enjoyed one of the most remarkable worldswo businessp there with sinatra, presley and the beatles. His album thrill the winner of seven grammys selling copies 15 years after its release. At the peak of his career his legal problems have often driven him into seclusion. Physical isolation, usually at neverland that has made him more vulnerable to attacks. He's offered us a tour of his house. It in its way a modest place. A place that celebrates children.

>> Rivera: Perhaps jackson's biggest problem that his vision of himself as a modern day peter pan does not sit well in a society scarred by stories of abusive priests, teachers and boy scout leaders. This segment we talk about the original creator of neverland.

>> Rivera: Did you are see the movie "finding neverland" or read about barre.

>> Jackson: I've all the appreciated Mr. Barre's work and I've been a fan for many, many, years.

>> Rivera: He had a rocky road, similar to you. I don't want to get too far into it. Tell us what led to the creation of neverland, the place. There's three, the peter pan's neverland, the neverland in michael jackson's mind and the physical place when i visited you. Why did you create that place?

>> Jackson: I created neverland as a home for myself and my children. And it was created simply -- it was almost done subconsciously. Like i said earlier, where can i go? It is hard. I've tried to go as myself and I've had policemen tell me put on a disguise and give me an autograph for my wife. Why are you out here like this with no security and there's fans everywhere. I do it sometimes but it is difficult.

>> Rivera: But you owned neverland before had you the kids. Was it for you, the exotic animals, for michael jackson?

>> Jackson: For me and sharing with others. It gave me a chance to do the things I never got to do when i was little. We couldn't do to movie terse and disney land. We couldn't do all those fun things. We were on tour. We were working hard. And we enjoyed it. We did enjoy it. But this allow me to have a place behind the gates where the entire world, everything that i love is there.

>> Rivera: You create like barre, this imaginary or imaginative world. Do you ever out grow something like that, michael? Do you ever think this is silly to have the llamas and choochoo trains? -- And the choo-choo trains.

>> Jackson: No it is calling god silly if you do that because God made all things great and small. So that would be wrong. Other men have their Ferraris or they have their like it's an airplane, helicopter, wherever they find bliss. My bliss is in giving and sharing and having simple innocent fun.

>> Rivera: Your homes, for all the grandeur of neverland your home is modest. And your personal style, i don't see any bling for instance, how come? How come you don't have the big diamond that says 'Michael'.

>> Jackson: Because I'm modest in that way. If i had it on i would give it way to the first kid who would walk up to me and say 'wow i like the necklace'. Here you can have it. When i was little, stars like sammy davis, fred astair, gene kelley you know, if i admired something they were wearing, if I simply said 'God I love that shirt you're wearing', they would give it to me. So I was taught that you know. That's part of a show business trait. Hand it over.

>> Rivera: Despite the glare of the media attention what is it like kids there, why do you do that? I wanted to ask you that question that day, but i pose it to you now. When you see those kids what is going on?

>> Jackson: I've traveled the world over eight times, around the world. And i do as many hospitals and/or phage -- hospitals and orphanages of course it is not covered, i do it from my heart. They have not seen mountains. Haven't been on a carousel, haven't petted a horse or llama. If i can open my gates and those gates open and that bliss, explosion of screaming and laughter from the children and they run on the riders, i say thank you god. I feel I've won god's smile of approval. Because I'm doing something that bring joy and happiness to other people.

>> Rivera: You are close to your siblings.

>> Jackson: Yes

>> Rivera: How does it affect you when they get involved like janet's super bowl flap?

>> Jackson: I can't speak for my sister.

>> Rivera: How did you respond as a brother and viewer?

>> Jackson: I was looking right at it and i didn't see it. I was at a friend's house in la jolla, and huge on the screen and i didn't even see it. I heard all of this controversy the next day. I said that's not true. I saw none of it.

>> Rivera: Do you think the controversy was over blown?

>> Rivera: Do you think it is a jackson-related phenomena or test to our time in this country?

>> Jackson: That's an interesting hypothesis too. It is both. It is hard to answer, really. I would rather not answer that one.

>> Rivera: Can you call her and say don't sweat the small stuff?

>> Jackson: Yeah, something like that. Be strong. This too shall pass. Don't worry about it. I said janet, you are too young to remember, but I once watched the oscars with david niven on it and a naked man came streaking. He didn't get there on his own it was organized. They didn't say much about that that was live around the world. Next day it was a joke.

>> Rivera: Was a joke. I think there is a jackson component.

>> Jackson: You can say it. Did you.

>> Rivera: I think the jackson connection was part of the reason it was exaggerated.

>> Jackson: Thank you geraldo.

>> Rivera: Forward in this record, are they going to hear it on the radio and people going to send in their money and it is going to the kids in the indian ocean region?

>> Jackson: I would like that very much. Very much.

>> Rivera: Tell me how that act of largesse that compassion will make you feel? I feel better giving than receiving, i think it is true, in my life.

>> Jackson: Of course it is true.

>> Rivera: Explain that mechanics in your life?

>> Jackson: It is the idea, i don't know if it is the psychology of it or what, i love working, sweating and sharing and having them love it. And i always pray they like. That gives me great satisfaction as an artist.

>> (live) Rivera: Back to ramon. michael's spokesperson. Why do you think people are willing to believe the worst about your client?

>> Bain: Well, i can't say that i agree with that. That they believe the absolute worst, as a whole. For every one irate e-mail i get or an e-mail of hatred i get 40 or 50 of support. So you know, i think that it has to do with the fact that there has been so much thrown at us, out here. That we just have not been able to address, because we've been under a very strict gag order.

>> Rivera: Example?

>> Bain: For instance the leaks. The transcripts. I mean he had to go to court and get approval from the judge. There have been so many other things. Smokinggun.Com have so many things per week. We can't address them. And they compound daily. I think people sometimes, i don't say they want to believe it, but i think they get tired of it and they feel that okay f we are hearing it everyday there must be some truth to it. And a number of things we have been able to address many all of the various rumors. I take my hat off to michael. Goodness, we've had to really deal with quite a few thing this is past year. But as i said, you know, as we were refer to politics, there's a silent majority. And i think that on a whole, he's supporters far out weigh those who don't support him. But as I've said, i think that it is just because we have not been able to get ahead of the curve in some of these issues.

>> Rivera: Of all of the shots michael has taken in recent years none seem to have affected him as the parody of rapper eminem. This broadcast will rebroadcast after the super bowl. We'll be right back.

>> (video: Love for a child -- I'm sorry -- it can't be measured. I love him dearly. I can even sleep at night thinking about what th ckeople cktry t do

him. .)

>>> Rivera: Whether it is his pet monkey or the time his hair caught on fire filming that pepsi commercial, Michael Jackson's been the brunt of a million jokes in a hundred languages. But of all of them, none has cut deeply as the musical parody by rapper eminem. Michael talks about that plus the image attached to him as a creative has-been. Watch.

>> Rivera: Does it frustrate you professionally or personally when people say that this Jackson project flopped or that happened. Your Number Ones compilation, 7 1/2 million copies. I think that is quadruple platinum or whatever you label it and yet the characterization by some in the music business at least is thank you are not -- that it wasn't a hit. How do you feel about that?

>> Jackson: Number one, i don't know which project you are talking about.

>> Rivera: The compilation, the last one.

>> Jackson: Oh, it was a huge success.

>> Rivera: 7 1/2 million.

>>Jackson: Yes.

>> Rivera: How come that is not the headline? 'It's a huge success'.

>> Jackson: Exactly.

>> Rivera: Why is the headline….

>> Jackson: Because of negative news seems to sell more than wonderful, positive news. People would rather hear gossip I think sometimes than the truth in my last eight albums all entered the charges at number one. People like to sensationalize things and make up stories, rumors and sometimes...

>> Rivera: Does it hurt your feelings? Do you want to scream out and say 'hey wait a second, check the numbers'?

>> Jackson: It's a commonology in mankind that I don't like. That kind of envy. But then there's a beautiful side to mankind too, isn't there.

>> Rivera: But not to eminem.

>> Jackson: (laughter)

>>Rivera: We've spoken about that. I think that you should. Why not?

>>Jackson: Speak about what?

>> Rivera: About eminem and this disrespect that he showed you.

>> Rivera: Stevie wonder said that he was piling on and how really rude it was for someone who made his money from the community as eminem has to now diss the community in a sense a racist-- and I've said it -- very boldfaced, bigoted kind of presentation. Tell us how that hurt you and how you are feeling about it now.

>> Jackson: I've never met mr. Eminem. And to have him -- I've always admired him and to have him do something like that, was pretty painful, as an artist to another artist. And it is sad. Because, well i think what stevie wonder said is true. I don't want to say much more than that. But he should be ashamed of himself what he's doing. Stevie said he's bull --[ Bleep ]

>> Rivera: Stevie did.

>> Jackson: He used the word.

>> Rivera: He is bull -- [ Bleep ]

>> Jackson: I'm not saying it. Stevie said it. And Stevie is, he's amazing, one of the sweetest men in the world, you know.

>> Rivera: When stevie said that, did you feel a sense of reassurance of brotherly love there?

>> Jackson: Yes, i love stevie wonder. To me he's a musical prophet. I'll always love him. But a lot of people respect stevie and he's a very strong entity in this media and this business. When he speaks, people listen. And it was wrong of eminem to do what he did. I've been an artist most of my life, doing what i do. And I've never attacked another fellow artist. Great artists don't do that. You don't have to do that.

>> Rivera: I mentioned janet's, you know, fiasco and exaggerated response. Once again, do you think -- he only did it because he thought he could get away with it, because you're michael jackson.

>> Jackson: Yeah but it doesn't hurt. Really. It's silly. It's kind of elementary. I hope he's having fun.

>> Rivera: It is like a poo-poo joke.

>> Rivera: And it still hurts your feelings. And you don't want your kids to see it.

>> Jackson: Oh God, I would hate it if they saw it. I would hate that.

>> Rivera: Do you want them to know that?

>> Jackson: To know about it? No.

>> (live) Rivera: When we come back, michael addresses the charges pending against him here in Santa Maria after this.

>>> (live) Rivera: Aside from being repeated 10:00 pacific time tonight this entire hour will also be rebroadcast tomorrow night, following the super bowl at 11:00 eastern, 8:00 pacific time sunday night. Before Raymone and I offer some final thoughts, michael addresses the very serious charges against him. And that blatant grand jury leak that has poisoned the air around this case, even as the jury is being selected. Here's Michael.

>>Rivera: Finally, you know we studiously avoided the case. We've not talked at all about the case that is pending. You are under this gag order. I know that you have received permission from the judge to read a statement.

>> Rivera: You know I hate to end an interview that way. But if you would like to read that statement now, i think it is important.

>> Jackson: Sure. In the last two weeks, a large amount of ugly malicious information has been released into the media about me. Apparently, this information was leaked through transcripts in a grand jury proceeding, where neither my lawyers nor i ever appeared. The information is disgusting, and false. Years ago, i allowed a family to visit and spend time at neverland. Neverland is my home. I allowed this family into my home because they told me their son was ill with cancer and needed my help. Through the years I've helped thousands of children who were ill or in distress. These events have caused a nightmare for my family, my children and me. I never intend to place myself in so vulnerable a position ever again. I love my community. And i have great faith in our justice system. Please keep an open mind and let me have my day in court. I deserve a fair trial like every other american citizen. I will be acquitted and vindicated, when the truth is told.

>> Rivera: Anything else you would like to say?

>> Jackson: No -- yes, there is something. I would love to have the public's prayers for my children and myself.

>> Rivera: Ok buddy, you got i.

>> Jackson: Thank you.

>> Rivera: You got it.

>> Jackson: Thank you.

(more coming)

Moonwalkrgurl15

That interview was great. I luv me some Michael :inlove For once, this wasn't a time where some crazy journalist was putting words in Michael's mouth or taking his words out of context. It was fair.....God bless him..

~Neicie

SpecialJanet25

Katherine's interview broke my heart :( This scam needs to end soon. This is her child who she loves more than life itself.

Absolutely, It heartbreaking. Why are doing this to her son and the whole Jackson family. I glad Katherine clear that stupid, sleeping in the same bed with children. the man said, he slept on the floor. Anyone who has a dirty mind, will think of that. Like Michael said, he will never put himself in a vulernable situation again. You heard that haters, media, and Bashir.

Cristine87

Wow, that man is just too beautiful for words, but you know some stupid **** is gonna find something wrong with this interview just so they could talk shit, but WOW, that interview was ****ing great. Michael looked so strong, reselient & confident. Damn, Number Ones sold 7.5 million & people want to call that a flop? Once again, people just need to talk about something. I just love how he knows that these ignorant people say shit about him but he doesn't sweat it, he goes on about his day & continues to make music & enjoy being with his children. I found that to be very inspiring to me & I have great respect for that. It's funny cause we see him so sensitive but he's stronger & tougher than alot of people think. I loved so many things about this interview because they touched on so many different subjects & his spokeswoman is cool as hell. I like how classy he was about the whole Em thing. Michael just seems so mellow & great. He's just a great artist & did he not look fine as all hell? My god, I can't count how many times I wanted to run my fingers through that hair. I swear, I would so marry him if he asked me, lol!

Oh & Geraldo was so great! It was funny cause you could just tell he was like Shit, you may be on this gag order but I'm not so I'm about to say whatever I'm feeling. The whole thing was just great & it really gave me alot of faith & confidence in this upcoming trial, especially with what Geraldo addressed at the end, not that we didn't already know but some people just need to hear it. Michael, I love you & you better believe I'mma get that charity song for the tsunami relief. I just knew Michael was gonna do something with his charitable self!

HeavenSent

Originally posted by SpecialJanet25
Yup, Totally Agree HeavenSent I want to beat Bashir's ass for the crap he put on Michael.
You can call me Carla :)

I think most journalists out there could learn a thing or two from this interview. Not just from Geraldo's style, but the questions he asks. When does Michael EVER get asked about his kids and such? People act like Michael's an alien and couldn't possibly want to talk about being a father. Pfst.

****IN HELL I MISSED IT DUDE!! ;.; How could I not have acknowledged that it was 9PM _ET_, not _PT_? (I live in California..)

At least there's that encore presentation tomorrow at 11ET (9PT). I am _NOT_ gonna miss that, ohhhh no.

I saw clips at the end tho- OMG! HOTNESS. o.o and he is hot when he swears, even when he was just quoting..

HeavenSent

Originally posted by Purdy Young Thang
****IN HELL I MISSED IT DUDE!! ;.; How could I not have acknowledged that it was 9PM _ET_, not _PT_? (I live in California..)

At least there's that encore presentation tomorrow at 11ET (9PT). I am _NOT_ gonna miss that, ohhhh no.

I saw clips at the end tho- OMG! HOTNESS. o.o and he is hot when he swears, even when he was just quoting..
Yeah, you have the oppportunity to see it again. So watch it, Jan! You'll be smiling afterwards :D

Yeah, you have the oppportunity to see it again. So watch it, Jan! You'll be smiling afterwards :D

EE!! GOD I KNOW I WILL BE!

But people, please make sure that it will be on again at 11pm ET tomorrow night! 9PM PT :D I'll never make any dumbass mistake like that again! ;.;

LadyJackson

He looked so DAMN FINE THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE INTERVIEW!!! I loved when he said bullsh*t...it was hilarious!!!! :crackingu He looked so healthy and comfortable. Geraldo did an EXCELLENT job and he deserves an outpouring of love from MJ fans right now!!!

IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'M GOING TO WATCH IT ALL NIGHT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, THEN I'LL DO THE SAMETHING AGAIN TOMORROW!!! :D !

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Purdy Young Thang
Y'mean tomorrow night, right?
No, right now. Rivera's show replays once at 10PM ET and again at 1AM ET

On top of that, he's going to reshow it Sunday, Feb 6 2005 after the superbowl.

minnie michael

awww yeah... thanks alot to Whisper dearly.. thank to show those clip for me..cos i canot watch that on tv..and tis very very sweet to read what mIchael said..make me very very happy..and Michael is not that one said bad word..that's from Steve wonder's mouth..xixix :lol: :D

and Mike also said he is going to let the world see his beautiful babes for the first time..aww i canonot wait MIchael..do u know how much your fans love your babes....??? we love them just love youself..plz,,. let us see them.. we can imagine how beautiful and adorable they are... they are the true princes and princess.. i canot wait... :D