John Legend is fake

Cristine87

craze4mj;222613 said:
yeah a lot of ppl are trying to argue that he chemically induced the vitiligo...which i dont understand bcuz his great aunt had it and now prince has it...what did he chemically induce it in all of them...and how the hell would you chemically induce it?

People need to stop trying to act like they're smart, when they don't know what the hell they're talking about!:rolleyes:

Saphster

I guess I'm trying to be black for wearing my hair curly.

In my opinion, Michael never looked close to a white man. If he wanted to be white he would've dyed his hair blonde and gotten blue contacts.

I got one question though. How is John Legend fake for saying this? He was never close friends with Michael. I thought being fake was saying one thing then another? Or doing something then doing another? :idontknow I'm not defending him. I would never defend someone who wants to be left in the dark.

Makes me a little sad though...I actually do like some of his music a lot.

SexyChica

F.uck John Legend. His career will be over soon enough. I don't think he's that good of a singer in the first place. And comments about Michael's children are inexcusable. He needs to keep Michael's childrens name out of his mouth (or blog).

Chosen

First let me say that I think Ben and I are soul mates!!! I find his posts to be an EXACT mirror of my thoughts. So posting become superfluous.

I appreciate that Mr Legend wanted to advance an important discourse. The world failed to use the opportunity of Michael’s changing appearance to take a serious look at race and race relations. What is to be a member of a particular 'race'? Is it just a collection of physical characteristics, especially skin colour? Is it not also cultural? By failing to have this discourse, we failed as a world community to move forward.

I am disappointed but not surprised by Mr Legend's remarks. I thought he had gained a better understanding of Michael having met (I think it was at the VMAs in Japan, same time Michael met Rihanna). Obviously he did not. Not everyone who meets Michael 'gets him'. And that's okay.

For me Michael Jackson will always be a more positive black role model than those rappers who constantly degrade women in their songs and videos!!

HeavenSent

Chosen;222622 said:
For me Michael Jackson will always be a more positive black role model than those rappers who constantly degrade women in their songs and videos!!
Thank you. Both rappers and these so called R&B cats who think being oversexed is sexy. When was the last time any of them did a thing to uplift their community? If that is the criteria for being a role model, then Michael was the blackest there was. End of story.

craze4mj

like teddy riley and the ex-sony executives said "if u werent friends w/ mj..if u had no relationship w/ him during the trials dont run around sayin tributes throwin parties for him just to be relevant"

john legend goes on steve harveys morning show to give a tribute after posting that twitter..so to me he's fake cuz hes on the lets all say nice things bout mike....sure i wanna hear good rather than bad

i kno it doesnt make sense like we get angry at oprah for giving no comment on mj's death and say she coulda been nice im just so irritated and worried bout his legacy you kno?

cuz they're gonna talk about the plastic surgeries he nvr had, the boys he never molested, the skin he didn't bleach, the chamber he didnt really sleep in, the hormones he didnt take to maintain a high voice as if they all happened and its ppl like this that remain ignorant and keep the lies going...why is it the ignorant that have loud voices and not us who kno the truth, cuz one day we're all gonna die and the things that live are the books that are written with all the falsehoods

LittleSusie50

I'm confused.
First of all, why is it John Legend's business in the first place?
How does he think Michael's children would feel if they read his comments?
Did Legend personally bleach Michael's skin?
Does it even matter that MJ was teased for having a supposedly big nose, and that may have played a part in him altering his appearance?
I am African American and proud of it every time I look in the mirror, but I have chemically treated hair. Does that mean I wanna be white? Hell no. It just means I'm the one who has to comb it, so I can do whatever the fcuk I wanna do with it, period.
I hate to go in this direction, but I got a problem with Black men accusing ANYBODY of trying to be white, when all they seem to desire are white women, or black women with Eurocentric features. I do not, nor have I ever had a problem with interracial dating. I have dated outside my race. But don't go accusing people of denying their heritage when you don't know their story.
Don't assume $hit. It so tacky to talk about people once they have passed.
I bet he cheesed all in Michael's face, now he wants to talk about him. He is just jealous. No one will remember him in 5 years, let alone ten.
This also pisses me off because he didn't deserve to even meet MJ.
What I wouldn't give to have had that opportunity, or for anyone on this board to have had such a great opportunity. It was wasted on his dumb a$$.
Until I see him on a date with Whoopi Goldberg or Grace Jones, he needs to sit at the piano, play, and keep MJ's name out of his ignorant, narrow-minded mouth.
Stupid a$$...

craze4mj

i kno ppl get angry at me for saying this but according to some pics there are splotches

latoya ran to some italian interview and said prince had it

and someone said karen faye said it too

dont get angry at me

Saphster

HeavenSent;222639 said:
Ok, glad you said that, because I was about to tell you to take a chill. I saw those CAPS and said, damn! :blink:

:lol

LOL! :chillpill

I was gonna say that too til she beat me to the 'I'm joking' comment.

craze4mj

damn that scared me lol...i was like oh crap :)
no its just some ppl on here dont like when the kids r brought up...im just defending

Saphster

craze4mj;222642 said:
damn that scared me lol...i was like oh crap :)
no its just some ppl on here dont like when the kids r brought up...im just defending

Okay, I get it.

But, how'd we get on the topic about Prince? I thought we were bashing John NoLegend? :lol

oldschoolfan

Hahaha I'm sorry I worried yall like that! As soon as I posted it I though to myself 'I don't think people are going to take that as a joke like I was hoping' so I immedietly made sure I cleared it up before things got ugly! I tend to do that a lot but apparently my sarcasm sounds more serious to others than it does to me so I'm continually having to explain myself.

oldschoolfan

Saphster;222643 said:
Okay, I get it.

But, how'd we get on the topic about Prince? I thought we were bashing John NoLegend? :lol

Because I read the Prince has vitiligo comment earlier and asked if it was true, I tend to steer clear of these stories because I find it hard to believe anything these days, so I wasn't sure if it was a confirmed thing.

MJfan01'

Sandi Hammons, celebrity permanent makeup artist and her company, Premier Pigments, the manufacturer of the permanent makeup worn by the late Michael Jackson, are speaking out against widespread assertions that "Michael Jackson didn't want to be black."

Arlington, TX (PRWEB) July 7, 2009 - Sandi Hammons, celebrity permanent makeup artist and her company, Premier Pigments, the manufacturer of the permanent makeup worn by the late Michael Jackson, are speaking out against widespread assertions that "Michael Jackson didn't want to be black."

"That is so far from the truth," says Hammons. "Anyone making those assertions obviously doesn't understand the disease Michael suffered from or the treatment options available to him."

Michael Jackson was diagnosed in 1986 with vitiligo, a chronic skin disease that causes loss of pigment resulting in irregular pale patches of skin. Jackson openly discussed the disease in an interview with Oprah Winfrey in 1993 following accusations that he wanted to be white. His attempt to "set the record straight" was primarily ignored and rumors that "he didn't want to be black" continued to plague him throughout much of his adult life. Most recently, the allegation was reportedly made by Quincy Jones, the record producer who collaborated with Michael Jackson on Thriller, Bad and Off the Wall.

US Magazine reported Jones as saying that Jackson's obsession with his appearance got to be "ridiculous. Chemical peels and all of it. And I don't understand it," he reportedly said. "But he obviously didn't want to be black." Jones added he wasn't sure why Jackson had such a deep-seated issue with the way he looked. "I'm just a musician and a record producer. I'm not a psychiatrist," he said. "I don't understand all that stuff."

Sandi Hammons: "Few people understand the psychological trauma associated with the disease of vitiligo, including the physicians who treat it". For the past twenty-five years, she has consulted with physicians and thousands of individuals who suffer from vitiligo. "There are even some medical professionals who still consider the disease to be nothing more than a cosmetic nuisance," said Hammons, "But the truth is, many people diagnosed with the disease suffer greatly. A deep sense of shame and hopelessness (including depression and suicidal ideation) along with a preoccupation with appearance and available treatments are really quite common. Vitiligo is especially traumatic for darker skinned individuals, as the contrast between pigmented and depigmented skin can be quite drastic."

Jackson was widely criticized for his use of bleaching medications and chemical peels. "What people don't understand is that there are few, if any, treatments that are effective, especially for widespread cases like Michael's."

There are three common types of treatment for vitiligo: 1. Repigmentation as in the case of PUVA and UV lights (Typically ineffective on widespread cases) 2. Micropigmentation (i.e. cosmetic tattooing - recommended on small areas that accept cosmetic pigment) 3. Depigmentation, as in the case of using bleaching creams to remove smaller pigmented areas (typically recommended for widespread cases similar to Jackson's).

Vitiligo affects 1% to 2% of the population. It is estimated that over 50 million people suffer from this little known and often misunderstood disease. The precise cause of the disease is complex and not fully understood. There is some evidence suggesting that it is caused by a combination of autoimmune, genetic and environmental factors. "Stress is definitely a contributing factor," said Hammons. "Changing skin colors add even more stress, particularly if vitiligo develops on visible areas of the body, such as the face, hands, arms, feet, or on the genitals."

In some cultures there is a stigma attached to having vitiligo. Those affected with the condition are sometimes thought to be evil or diseased and are sometimes shunned by others in the community. People with vitiligo may feel depressed because of this stigma or because their appearance has changed dramatically.

Hammons has great compassion for Jackson and his battle with the disease. "To deal with the psychological impact of this disease is significant; to deal with the very public and cruel opinions of others must have been overwhelming."

"Trauma drives addiction," adds Hammons. "In my opinion, those who judged him unknowingly contributed to his preoccupation with appearance, his eventual addiction to cosmetic surgery and prescription drugs, and ultimately his early death. We all need to have more compassion for those who suffer from this baffling and misunderstood disease."

http://www.americanhealthandbeauty.com/articles/?article=1769