Official May 13 2005 Thread

Aaliyah

MoonWalkinYiddo (MJJF)

Laura Ingle on Fox:

She said Geragos went over to Mez and shook his hand. He then went over to MJ tapped him on the shoulder, shook his hand. MJ was animated using his hands to emote language. Geragos then went over to the Pros. table to introduce himself.

danaluvsmj

Go Mark! even though he's no longer working for Michael, he's still a great lawyer despite what happened in the Scott Peterson case. He'll do great on the stand, he knows all the tactics the prosecution has up their sleeves.

I think Melville was an asshole making him testify today or issuing a warrant for his arrest. That is nothing to crack about!

floacist

52819548.jpg

Awwwwwwww !!! I know I have said this before and I will say it again but I love that man!!!

Aaliyah

mimijo9505 (MJJF)

MSNBC Jen London said that Mark stated that he was suspicious of the Grifters after the Bashir doc aired, so he had them followed to protect his client.

Aaliyah

Ex-Jackson Lawyer Waits for Hours in Court
By LINDA DETUSCH, AP Special Correspondent

Michael Jackson's former lawyer Mark Geragos came to court Friday under threat of arrest if he failed to appear, but waited around for hours as attorneys in the pop star's child molestation trial persisted in questioning another witness.

Superior Court Judge Rodney S. Melville finally chided Jackson defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. for spending so much time on the other witness.

"I have this picture of a lawyer upstairs walking back and forth pulling his hair out of his head wondering why I called him here today under threat of a warrant while Mr. Mesereau goes on and on," the judge said. "What's wrong with that picture?"

Mesereau replied, "It's pretty accurate, I think, your honor."

The judge then asked Mesereau to move it along.

Geragos finally took the stand just before noon and began describing his background. He also asked to see a copy of a waiver of Jackson's attorney-client privilege before testifying. Geragos represented Jackson until early 2004, when he was replaced.

The threat to issue a warrant for Geragos arose suddenly late in Thursday's session when a colleague sought to reschedule Geragos' testimony because he had obligations to be in other courts Friday.

Melville responded that Geragos would have to obey a defense subpoena just like other witnesses and ordered that he be on hand at 8:30 a.m. Friday

"That'll give me time to get the warrant out when he doesn't appear," Melville angrily said.

Geragos arrived well in advance of the judge's deadline, but the prosecution and defense weren't through questioning David LeGrand, an attorney who briefly worked on Jackson's financial problems in 2003.

Jackson, 46, is accused of molesting a 13-year-old cancer patient in February or March 2003 and plying him with wine.

He is also accused of conspiring to hold the boy's family captive to get them to make a video rebutting a documentary in which the boy appeared with him and in which Jackson told an interviewer that he let children sleep in his bed, a practice he described as non-sexual.

LeGrand was called by the defense to support its contention that some of the associates Jackson is accused of conspiring with were actually conspiring to profit off Jackson.

LeGrand, who said Thursday that he became suspicious of the motives of many in Jackson's inner circle, also raised the issue of Jackson's thorny relationship with Sony Corp (SNE.N). over their shared ownership of a highly valuable music catalogue that includes the works of the Beatles.

LeGrand said he ordered an investigation into whether former Sony Music chairman Tommy Mottola and former Jackson attorney John Branca were conspiring to funnel money to an offshore account to set the stage for a takeover of Jackson's interest in the Sony-ATV catalogue.

LeGrand said he received a report from the investigation agency that suggested an offshore account had been formed and money was being deposited in it by Sony. But he said the investigators never provided him with solid evidence that the account was being used to Jackson's detriment.

"I was given no credible evidence to support those charges," he said.

___

Associated Press Writer Tim Molloy contributed to this report.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050513/ap_en_...michael_jackson

Aaliyah

Wildcats (MJJF)

According to jennifer london cross examination has already begun.He got worried about this family after the bashir interview. He order a PI to keep a watch on this family because he was worried they were going to shakedown his client. He wasnt part of any conspiracy.

Aaliyah

Ja' (MJJF)

*Court TV update*

Court Break

- Things got heated in the courtroom

- Melville said to DA (Zonen) and Mez, "let tone things down 2 degrees. Zonen asked if he could proceed and Melville said " No no, relax"

- Geragos told the jury that he was brought in...in '03 to protect Mike and his children. He said that he was trying to scope them ( Arisvos) out and then said " This interview isn't gonna happen". He had grave feelings about this family and so he had his PI (Miller) to investigate this family. He didn't nec. say to do all this surviallence of the family, but he told them to get the signature for release right now.

- Says Mark Geragos is really getting the conclusion across to the jury that Michael was/is in fact the VICTIM. Says Mark isn't being shaked by the prosecution AT ALL. Says that Geragos may just be the EXACT BRICK needed for the defense to end this 'case'.

Aaliyah

MJJBunny (MJJF)

Peter Bowes: Perfect witness for defense. Concerned for Michael by a shakedown. He was extremely concerned for Michael . Yes he did talk to MJ and MJ said nothing ever happened. He reinforced in the minds in the jurors that there was a parade of horribles. And that Michael Jackson is the victim in all of this.

Cristine87

Of course, I knew Mark wasn't gonna be intimidated by the DA, the guys been around prosecutors for years, he knows the game like the back of his hand & because he's a lawyer, he can speak well!

Aaliyah

SpAnKeY SmArTaSs (MJJF)

Craig Smith

MG is really both a witness and a defender or defense cousel as he speaks from the stand.
MG was called in and made assesment of the situation, realized that family was out to manipulateshake MJ down.
MG assumes full responsiiblity for directing actions of others regarding handling the Arvizos, that includes surveillance, hiring P.I., getting taped statements from family etc.
MG distanced MJ from consipiracy.
MG doing a superb job of reinforcing defense theme that MJ friendships with children is pure, childlike and innocent.
MG brings confidence as a witness, charming, personable, likable, has humility. Enhances his credibility to the jury.
This is extroadinary cuz you dont often get to see attorneys take the stand as witnesses.
MG is the one that called Bradley Miller, because his client (MJ) was the one being manipulated. He knew family was tryin to shake MJ down.
MG makes a good case that this was a matter of damage control and Not conspiracy.
MG takes full responsibility for everything he did in his role in the damage control.
Reinforced that MJ was out of it as far as calling the shots were concerned.
Only question unanswered is the Brazil trip. Even so theres still a problem tying MJ into that trip.
Still more to come from MG, Zonen is very intense.
MG doing admirable job, defense couldnt ask for a better witness.