Official May 13 2005 Thread

A

Anonymous

Good news. The prosecution had to have been scared. Zonen seems to get testy when he can't crack a witness.

I just had a thought. If Michael takes the stand, Sneddon will probably get Zonen to do the cross, just so he can make it look like he doesn't have a vendetta.

sistahlamb

Damn today has gone so well!!!!!!!

I just read that MG's testimony could be what could end this case against Michael or at least completly drop the conpirisy charge????

Could this happen????

LeVer2k2

Originally posted by got2makeitright
I want to know what date was he hired?

"Jackson hired Geragos in February when the pop star realized that an upcoming BBC documentary was focusing uncomfortably on his sharing a bed with children. So the defense team had months to investigate the situation before the Santa Barbara County D.A. reportedly learned of the alleged abuse in June."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3660632/

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
Good news. The prosecution had to have been scared. Zonen seems to get testy when he can't crack a witness.

I just had a thought. If Michael takes the stand, Sneddon will probably get Zonen to do the cross, just so he can make it look like he doesn't have a vendetta.

You can say that again!
:D

Off_the_wall

I was thinking the same thing Vicky....

got2makeitright

What more do you need this is a shake down?

"Jackson hired Geragos in February when the pop star realized that an upcoming BBC documentary was focusing uncomfortably on his sharing a bed with children

A

Anonymous

The jury will definately believe Geragos. There is no way around that. I can't wait to hear about these spinners pooping in their pants. :laugh

Aaliyah

I don't think he will resist to cross examine Michael, he's been waiting since 93

Aaliyah

Former Jackson lawyer says he suspected accuser's family

SANTA MARIA, United States (AFP) - Michael Jackson's former attorney testified at his child-sex trial how he put the family of Jackson's young accuser under surveillance for fear they might try to blackmail the pop star.

"I was trying to prevent a crime against my client. I thought they were going to try to shake him down," Mark Geragos told jurors.

Geragos was hired by Jackson in February 2003 to help with the fallout of a damaging documentary in which the singer was seen holding hands with his future accuser and admitting to sharing his bed with children.

The controversy stirred up by the documentary ultimately led to Jackson's current trial on charges that he molested his then 13-year-old alleged victim, plied him with alcohol and conspired to hold him and his family captive.

Geragos said he was so concerned about the intentions of the boy's family that he hired a private investigator and had them placed under surveillance.

"Things I heard about (them) gave me great pause," Geragos said.

"I had a concern at that point that, given what was going on, someone might manipulate my client," he added. "I wanted to know where they were, what they were doing, who they were meeting."

He said his suspicions were partly confirmed when a database search turned up a previous allegation of sexual assault the boy's mother had made against a department store chain.

After an investigation that lasted five or six weeks, Geragos said he concluded that Jackson should break off all links with the boy's family.

"I just felt like it was a pending disaster," he said.

Under cross-examination by prosecutors, Geragos said Jackson had acknowledged that young boys slept in his bedroom.

But he also stressed that Jackson explained "that he didn't do anything, ... that there was nothing sexual, .. that if someone spent the night with him in his room, it was unconditional love."

Recalling his first impressions of Jackson, Geragos said he saw a man who was a father but childlike in his manner.

"I saw nothing nefarious," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050513/ts_al...us_050513204937

got2makeitright

From Ja':

They just said that AFTER THE BREAK, Geragos was just asked to answer questions about AFTER Michael was charges and booked. Geragos stopped Mez and said that he did NOT sign a COMPLETE WAIVER to answer questions after Michael was charged in Dec. '03. Melville then looked at Mez and asked " What's going on here? I thought a waiver was signed and given". Mez then said that the waiver is indeed signed, but NOT HERE.

Is this bad?? :idontknow

Aaliyah

Lawyer: Jackson Said Nothing Happened
By LINDA DETUSCH, AP Special Correspondent

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - Michael Jackson's former attorney Mark Geragos testified at the pop star's child molestation trial Friday that Jackson told him his accuser had slept in his bed but that nothing sexual had happened.

Geragos, who testified that he investigated the accuser's family and became gravely concerned about them, was cross-examined on whether he ever asked Jackson if the boy slept in his bed.

"Yes, he said nothing happened," Geragos testified. "He said he didn't do anything untoward or sexual and if anyone spent the night in his room it was unconditional love."

Geragos also gave a ringing defense of his former client as he described his first visit to Jackson's Neverland ranch.

"When I was there, what I saw was a gentleman who was almost childlike in his love for kids. I didn't see anyone doing anything nefarious or criminal. I saw someone who was ripe as a target," he said.

Geragos said he was hired around the time of the February 2003 airing of a documentary in which Jackson appeared with the boy now accusing him of molestation. In the documentary, Jackson said that he let children sleep in his bed but that it was non-sexual.

Under questioning by Jackson attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr., Geragos said he was concerned about allegations spawned by the documentary and was particularly concerned that the boy or his family might take advantage of them.

He said he did database searches to see if the family had a "litigious history" and was disturbed to find they had previously sued J.C. Penney over allegations they were beaten by security guards. The family received a $150,000 settlement.

"I was gravely concerned," Geragos said.

Geragos said he hired a private investigator to look into the family, and the results led him to believe the family was bad news.

"Michael should have nothing to do with them," he said. "It was a pending disaster."

Mesereau asked Geragos if he was aware of any crime committed against the family. Geragos said no.

"I was trying to prevent a crime against my client," he said. "I thought that they were going to shake him down."

Jackson replaced Geragos as his attorney in April 2004.

Jackson, 46, is accused of molesting a 13-year-old cancer patient in February or March 2003 and plying him with wine. He is also accused of conspiring to hold the boy's family captive to get them to make a video rebutting the documentary.

Geragos came to court under threat of arrest. Judge Rodney S. Melville issued the warning Thursday when a Geragos colleague sought to reschedule his testimony because of other courtroom obligations. But the judge ordered him to be there at 8:30 a.m.

Geragos arrived well in advance but then waited around for hours while attorneys questioned another witness. The judge became exasperated.

"I have this picture of a lawyer upstairs walking back and forth pulling his hair out of his head wondering why I called him here today under threat of a warrant while Mr. Mesereau goes on and on," the judge said. "What's wrong with that picture?"

Mesereau replied, "It's pretty accurate, I think, your honor."

___

Associated Press Writer Tim Molloy contributed to this report

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050513/ap_on_...chael_jackson_5

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ja
*Court TV update*

- Jury has been brought back in and Mark will continue answering questions up until the arrest of Michael in '03.

- Melville has admonished Mez for MISLEADING THE COURT concerning this.

- Zonen let the court know that he will NOT be finished cross-examining this witness ( Geragos) until Monday.

hmm

MJISHOT

well things have gone well againt today it seems! geragos has done a great job!! :)

mike looks amazing today!

52819548.jpg

ahhhh i love him!

sistahlamb

From Ja':

They just said that AFTER THE BREAK, Geragos was just asked to answer questions about AFTER Michael was charges and booked. Geragos stopped Mez and said that he did NOT sign a COMPLETE WAIVER to answer questions after Michael was charged in Dec. '03. Melville then looked at Mez and asked " What's going on here? I thought a waiver was signed and given". Mez then said that the waiver is indeed signed, but NOT HERE.

Is this bad??

Not really. I don't think Meserau would say that if it weren't true. Geregos probably does not remember reading anything about that on the waiver.

A

Anonymous

The waiver that was signed was not in court. I feel bad for Geragos now, if this trial is messing up his other business. :/

And Melville needs to f*ck off.

I THINK Sneddon and his crew have pulled dumb shit that should have been adressed by him, but no.

Either way, it's a good day. Two great defense attorneys, Michael picked them well.