Official Sept 17 Hearing

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by dangerous
so he pays her off DURING the JC investigation? If he paid her after the JC investigation, that would be after she admitted to lying. I dont get it.
I'm a little confused about that. I know they're saying Michael payed her off while in rehab but I dunno when he was in rehab in relation to the investigation. Was that going on while he was in rehab? I was too little to follow '93. :makesense:

^ Now you put it that way Gemz, It makes hardly any sense to me at all now :saywhatsa
We really need someone to make sense out of this whole issue, Without all of the facts, we're pritty much just speculating aren't we?

~Jamie~

Tiger Lilly

mike was in rehab in december- the same time she went on hard copy and gave her deposistion claiming abuse.
Thanks Ashley, that was confusing me cos I didn't know the dates she went to hard copy. :thumbsup

Just been reading more in MJJF and found this helpful:

Okay, here's a possible timeline of what happened with Blanca Francia:

Early 90s: Blanca and several other employees are fired for stealing from Neverland and selling Michael's belongings to tabloids.

Dec. 15, 1993: Blanca gives a deposition for the Chandler's lawsuit; this is the deposition that Dawn Hobbes always brings up whenever she decides to do some jury pool tainting for Sneddon. That same day, Francia repeats her claims on Hard Copy after receiving $20,000. (Also, Hard Copies "The Maid's Painful Secrets was released then)

Late '93/early '94: Under deposition by one of Michael's lawyers, Francia admits that she was paid by Hard Copy for her story and that she lied during the interview.

Jan. 1994: The settlement with the Chandlers is reached. After the Chandlers back out of the criminal case, authorities start interrogating Blanca's son Jason. Blanca says that her son repeatedly denied any wrongdoing on Michael's part and claims that she feels "uncomfortable" with the fact that authorities had questioned her son while she wasn't there. Jim Thomas claims that Jason eventually made accusations against Michael but didn't want to testify because he was too embarassed.

Apr/May 1994: Blanca Francia testifies in front of the grand jury. No charges are brought indicating that her testimony was either not convincing or not damaging.

1995: Blanca threatens to file a sexual abuse lawsuit against Michael. Because a second set of accusations would potentially ruin Michael's album sales (he was either just about to release or had just released HIStory), his advisors tell him to pay her off. Blanca receives $2 million and in turn does not file a civil suit.

1996: Blanca and some other employees sue Michael for wrongful termination. Michael countersues, claiming that they stole from him. Michael wins and the employees have to pay him $60,000. (Karma's a mofo, ain't it?)

1996/1997: Blanca is interviewed by Victor Gutierrez and her claims appear in "Michael Jackson was my Lover."
Victor G's words in 1995 - "Blanca is currently negotiating, through her lawyers, for an out of court settlement potentially worth millions of dollars. Jason is currently 16 years old."
As for the confusion about the dates; I believe the alleged abuse "occurred" in 1990 and the settlement was reached in '95. Some people are questioning why Michael would settle with her in '95 when she already admitted in '94 that she lied during her Hard Copy interview. Well, the Grifters are also on record saying that nothing inappropriate ever happened with Michael and look where we are now. Blanca would have probably claimed that she was forced to make those statements. Furthermore, even if the allegations were later proven false, the publicity would have been awful, especially with HIStory being released that year. So I can understand why the people around Michael wanted him to settle.

dangerous

So they are basically suggesting he POSSIBLY settled regardless to the fact that she had already been under oath in front of a judge admitting nothing happend. ok. in that case then everything fits.

is there an article that states francia filing a lawsuit in 95/96 other then the words of VG?

Thanks for clearing this up Gemma. I fully understand this now. This woman clearly wants her own back, because she got fired, and from then on, she has just acculated lies to try and convict Michael of a crime which he didn't convict. I also fully understand why Michael settled. It was obvious that he was presured into this so it wouldn't affect his album sales, and profits.

~Jamie~

Tiger Lilly

is there an article that states francia filing a lawsuit in 95/96 other then the words of VG?
I'm not sure... I haven't come across one yet. :2thinking
by the way, thanks for flying back and forth from boards gem, its much appreciated :blowkisse
Aww no worries. :D
I also fully understand why Michael settled. It was obvious that he was presured into this so it wouldn't affect his album sales, and profits.
Uh-huh. The people who advised him were also being greedy too. He was given some really bad advice. Album sales were the most important thing and after all the crap with Jordy I think Michael just wanted them all to go away as quickly as possible so he could get on with HIStory. It's obviously regrettable now. I don't blame Michael at all, I feel sorry for him. :console

floacist

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
Exactly, and from what we've heard regarding Chris Tucker and shooting "mommy dearest" he's hardly a naive, sweet-angel kinda kid either. The pity I had for him is loooong gone.

:popcorn

Chris Tucker?!Did I miss something? The child is the son of Lucifer and I hope him and the rest of the family has fun living in a tin trailor while Mommy Dearest is in jail. :D

dangerous

the whole point of that i think was to make the story the same as JC's. The story of seduction and love. That MJ convinced G it was ok and natural. Otherwise, how do u justify G being able to shoot his MAMA (if he did) and tell a stranger to fu,ck off.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
QUOTE (MJDANCER123 @ Sep 18 2004, 07:53 PM)
I am searching my notes because he did bring that up, She had gone to 2 or more lawyers, (Mez had papers in his hand when he brought this subject up) and mentioned the dates, by month and year, (im looking for exact month and year) that infact She was making complaints before she even met Michael. My assistant (Martha ) was taking notes too so I will call her as well to check her notepad.

There was so much talk about Mark Geragos yesterday, and Geragos&Geragos that at one point Judge Melville said to Mez, ----- "Mr. Geragos, can you, oh uh Mr. Geragos ( ) from judge, all lawyers and gallery, and OUR Michael and family members and "THE DANCER" because they were teasing Mez about well, i dont know your hair and Mr. Geragos's are ------------- well

floacist

the whole point of that i think was to make the story the same as JC's. The story of seduction and love. That MJ convinced G it was ok and natural. Otherwise, how do u justify G being able to shoot his MAMA (if he did) and tell a stranger to fu,ck off.

Yeah your right but who is going to believe that?!Hopefully no one.