Official Sept 17 Hearing

mixahl

Originally posted by Tiger Lilly
Thanks Ashley, that was confusing me cos I didn't know the dates she went to hard copy. :thumbsup

Just been reading more in MJJF and found this helpful:

The more we learn the details of what happened with the second accuser and the time-line of that story in relation to the Chadlers, the more I am convinced that it would be ABSOLUTELY inappropriate for the judge in the current 'case' to admit into the hearings any info or witnesses from any of these stories. The current story as it stands now might already be confusing to the potential -and hopefuly impartial- jurors. If you throw in two more cases from ten years ago, with two greedy personalities behind them -Evan Chandler &Francia- capable of claiming anything, you may not restore credibility for the current 'case', but you sure attempt to officially taint the jury with allegations the true substance of which can not be proven. The jury will be neither prepared nor able to make up its mind for three cases of allegations; its role will by definition be to reach a verdict on one, this one, so bringing the other two up would not 'throw light' on them, but would just be fundamentally unfair -an attempt on behalf of the prosecution to do inside the court what they have been doing all along outside, through the media: create a 'dirt-atmosphere', with an uncontrolled pace of emotionally-phrased but still unfounded accusations, some of which they would hope will remain in the back of the jurors' heads.

Overall, this would be disgustingly unfair. I hope Mel tells us soon what he's gonna do with this one..

Tiger Lilly

But mixahl, you have to remember the jury will be presented will ALL the evidence. We're just piecing this together ourselves and we can already see how pathetic the whole thing is.

mixahl

But mixahl, you have to remember the jury will be presented will ALL the evidence. We're just piecing this together ourselves and we can already see how pathetic the whole thing is.

I too agree that the complete picture, whatever they bring in, is in Mike'e favor. But it's still unfair to try and make this a jury that will trial two or three cases, when in fact its decision will practically only concern one. I believe that if the prosecution chooses to do that it will be the focal point of their effort to 'dramatise' and give an emotional tone to their argument of the 'harm' that supposedly Michael has been 'continuously' allowed to do to others. Don't forget, we already know that this is what they will try to depict him as. It's what we call in literature an 'emotional fallacy'.. I'm sure it will be too theatrical, and although I hope it wouldn't affect any juror, I've never been one and don't know how a juror's mind works.. So I just don't like it.

dangerous

mixahl,

the whole point of bringing these three up is that the jury will keep them in the back of their minds and be like "he got away with it last time , dont let him get away with it again". This isnt a sophisticated concept, and its likely taht if this case is brought to trial, that all three cases, will get the smack down. Why else is Sneddon crying that the defense is compelling 93 discovery. Jim Thomas said Branca was nothing more then a nusciance. Let them come, let them all come and say all the shit they want. THAT DOES NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE FACTS IN THIS CASE. if anything it corroberates them.

My only concern is if this 2nd settelement is indeed Branca.. is there any confirmation onthat?

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by dangerous
My only concern is if this 2nd settelement is indeed Branca.. is there any confirmation onthat?
How come you're worried if it is Branca? I hope it is her cos she's openly said nothing happened. She's no threat at all.

dangerous

my bad, i phrased that incorrectly... LOL, i just want confirmation or something else other then assumption that the 2nd was indeed for Branca.. i dont want some new kid poppin up and throwing things around again.

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by dangerous
my bad, i phrased that incorrectly... LOL, i just want confirmation or something else other then assumption that the 2nd was indeed for Branca.. i dont want some new kid poppin up and throwing things around again.
LOL ok I get ya. :laugh That's what I'm worried about too... But I'm pretty sure it was Branca and Jason *touch wood* :cryptic

Btw what happened with that boy in the Jam video? Who was he?

minnie michael

woo i have caught up with all of thing i lost..that report about the second greedy in 93 is very useful..thank you very much..the more i read what you said the more i feel relieved.. :D :D what a new day..even though pay-off settlement is absolutely a bright idea for Michael but we have no idea i canot understand why MIchael choose this idea they provided.. :drinkingb as for that second greedy one in 93 Michael has already explained clearly, but this time, MIchael is very very strong and confirmed, we need to win our name back , we have already been hurt in more than 10 years..that's very curel and hurtful..this time no matter what.... only we can do is pull those greedy people in courtroom... :tickingti it really got under my skin to think about there was two greedy family out there to take advantage of Michael in 93...i canot stand those bad people gave MIchael that kind of fool advice to settle with those greedy animal , i do can feel Michael's feeling... at that time Michael is at his peak of his career he canot stand those people can ruin his career destory his life...right now... Michael has already admitted what he choosed to do 10 years ago is totally wrongg...i am very very happy for that... because Michael become more and more stronger than before.... :console :console

Michael, i know because of that second greedy family's story was leaked , so it seem a lil hard for us to explain, but that's nothing at all, that greedy maid had already admitted what she did out of her love for money...that kind of thing canot change anything..we canot go on our way without the effect of that..no matter what.. we are here for you.. we are here to support your every choose... Michael. stay stong we canot stop till we win your name back..... :console :console :console :console

minnie michael

for God's sake i have to add something , i am afraid someone after reading my last reply feel uneasy , because i made some spelling mistakes.forgive me ..i was typing those things in a hurry..all i want to say is: MIchael's decisions about settling down that second family is not smart..that's not Michael's fault, i can understand how he felt at that time..another thing is those people who advised MIchael are the worst ones.. :cryptic no matter what..right now Michael realise what he choosed 10 years ago wasnot bright idea..i am happy for that...i know we will clear Michael's name this time..pull the real criminals to court.. :pullhairo

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
MJDANCER123 Posted: Sep 18 2004, 09:34 PM

My Reflections: September 16& 17 - My Second Trip as a Media Rep

I am going to go in order of my notes. This time it was so much easier, as I knew I could park in the back parking lot at the Court House! I didn’t even think to park there in August. I felt so much more confident this time walking in famous Building ”F” for my "second" ever media badge. OK. So, time for the cast of characters. On Thursday the 16th they were as follows: (Not in order of importance by any stretch of the imagination!)

Diane Dimond - She is up with the cows. (Now don’t even go there!) She is first to get there and last to leave on most days. She is treated like a type of Goddess or something around the courthouse which leads me to believe that this is one of the reasons why she continues in her quest. I’m not sure what to call it at this point. It’s obvious that to report the truth is not part of her thinking. Everyone runs up to hug her. The first one was Russ, the silver headed deputy or sheriff’s person, who had his green uniform on Thursday, but changed his dress on Friday. Then, Jim Thomas stood behind her waiting for her to turn her attention to him. He said, "I haven’t had a chance to hug you, yet!" She whips around and gives him a big hug. Then watching Diane and Maureen Orth do a run for each other, screeching, “Diane! Diane!” “Maureen! Maureen!” was a site to behold! We were then asked to go into the courtroom. I had to switch gears fast as to not lose my focus after that.

Now, here is something that was disturbing to me. In a case as serious on both sides as this is, before court was called to order, Quentin Cushner, Dawn Hobbs, and Jim Thomas were laughing at Maureen who was talking about the civil court hearing in Santa Maria where Michael made faces to the camera. Maureen put her fingers up like the devil above her head. (Not a pretty picture, folks!) She made some comments that I will not write, as they are not helpful to anyone, and they have nothing to do with journalism - which makes my point. As Maureen shared with me, legal stuff bores her and makes her eyes cross! My question was, “So you’re here at a legal court hearing because---------------” But, then the court was called to order! (Dang!)

When court began, the Defense had a video ready to show to make certain points clear to the judge in the closing arguments over the Neverland search. This video was played, and Diane says, "Oh boy! A slide show!" I wanted to scream a few times during this part, because when they went to a close up of a framed photograph of Macaully Culkin in his famous “Home Alone” pose, there was “Dear Applehead” written in Magic Marker. Stop the presses and alert the media!! Buzz! Buzz! Ohhh! and Ahh over — “Whats an apple head??!!” I told a reporter from ABC that it was a nickname that’s been used forever, and that, even when Michael called Britney for the MSG concert, she quoted him as saying "Hi, Applehead!" I left this ABC reporter scribbling in his note pad! Geez!!! Glad I could help.

Also, what struck me during that video is how frightened Michael’s maid, Maria, seemed. And why shouldn’t she be? There were 3 or 4 large police officers and detectives asking her multiple questions about keys and who, what, and where, and not giving her time to gather her thoughts. She was very cooperative, but my heart went out to her. That just didn’t seem fair.

Steve Cochran used this video to rebut testimony by the witnesses called regarding why they say they didn’t know that this room was Michael’s private office. The tape refuted what was said on the stand quite effectively, I thought, since the detective asked Maria, “Whose office is this?” She said. “His.” And he said, “Michaels?” In his testimony, he had said it never entered his mind that it could be Michael’s. But, as Steve pointed out, if it never entered his mind, why did he ask the question?

One kind of comical moment happened in one of the buildings where there was a security guard mannequin, which led the officers to believe that this must be the security building. Steve said they were looking for monitoring equipment, hence, the speculation over the 6 plasma televisions which turned out to be SIX PLASMA TELEVISIONS!

Many in the media, of course, have never been inside Neverland (present company excluded! LOL!) . When they heard the music that Michael has playing outside, the Warner Brothers toon music, and saw the Spiderman, they almost knocked each other out of their seats straining their necks to get a peek inside the home of the most famous person in the world. That angered me, too. Michael shares his home by invitation, and the press was not invited!! (My opinion)

Now an uplifting conversation was one I had with Jayne Velez-Mitchell. (Yes, you’re reading this right — uplifting!) She commented on how stressful it must be that the only thing the Jackson family can do to counter such things as the Chandler book is to wear white and show support! She asked me if I could be objective about this, and I said, "Of course!" I promptly had someone fax me the press release on Chandler that was written here and I shared it with her the next day after court. So we shall see if anything comes of that. I was told by a source that Jayne contacted Ms. Hughes recently, so now she has a little more background. I thanked her for holding up and commenting on the Mary Fischer interview, and said she was the only one I’ve seen to bring that up at this time. She said she’s tired of the same old opinions, and would love some objective view points.

One interesting point — During a break in the day, while I was taking an eye siesta, I heard someone ask Diane’s producer why he wears fatigues all the time. He explained, “when your Diane Dimond’s producer, you have to be ready for battle.” (Please!!!!!)

I haven’t read the un-redacted phone conversations that were released while I was gone, but I have a little inside information on that. The judge said they would have to redact one name because it was said over and over and over and over again. HMMMM!

It sounded like the defense is quite angry at the recent media blitz that Chandler went on and they were almost put in the position of asking to respond after evaluating each media event!!
On the release of Tape #109 (G-mama’s interviews on the Insider) the judge brought out that there were only 3 places that could have been responsible for the leak, the Prosecution, the Defense and the Sheriff’s office. I looked over at Mr.Thomas. I couldn’t help myself.

The defense requested the 1993 evidence, but Sneddon said, “Well, we dont know if that’s coming in yet.” The judge ordered it to be turned over, ALL of it. The judge agreed that the Prosecution has had more than enough time and should be ready to go to trial now. He said there may be a time when he says no more search warrants will be granted. He wants this to go onJan.31. That’s when Sneddon said he wasn’t going to apologize for more search warrants because, when leads came in. he is going to follow them, and that he was going to do what he needed to do for his client!! (Huh?)

The judge put in a deadline for all this, Steve Cochran got up to say a few more things, and then the judge said jokingly, "What? You think I’m not doing a good enough job for you?” Melville was more or less telling Sneddon to put up or shut up. Steve Cochran is a passionate fighter for Michael. I enjoyed watching him work. (Hush, MsTenda!) He’s a wonderful advocate. The court ended for the day at lunch, so I went back to my hotel.

This is where I pick up with Diane again. I was sitting in the lobby, minding my own business (really!), and Diane comes down with that dad-gum cell phone to her ear again. She’s inviting Maureen Orth for drinks with her and another person. Does anyone want to guess who the 3rd person was? Yes, your right! None other than Jim Thomas! I will say no more. After that I went to bed, as I knew tomorrow, the 17th, was going to be a big day!!

Stay tuned for my 17th reflections coming soon!

Tiger Lilly

Thank you whisper, that was really interesting. Gotta say the mental images of Diane and Maureen have creeped me out tho. :throwup And DD going out with Jim Thomas.... :careless Bleh.... And I can't help but feel upset about reporters all leaning in for a good look through Michael's home. :( On th whole a good day though. :)

Can't wait to hear the report from the 17th! :D

floacist

Thanks for all the info:)

Diane Dimond - She is up with the cows. (Now don’t even go there!) She is first to get there and last to leave on most days. She is treated like a type of Goddess or something around the courthouse which leads me to believe that this is one of the reasons why she continues in her quest. I’m not sure what to call it at this point. It’s obvious that to report the truth is not part of her thinking. Everyone runs up to hug her. The first one was Russ, the silver headed deputy or sheriff’s person, who had his green uniform on Thursday, but changed his dress on Friday. Then, Jim Thomas stood behind her waiting for her to turn her attention to him. He said, "I haven’t had a chance to hug you, yet!" She whips around and gives him a big hug. Then watching Diane and Maureen Orth do a run for each other, screeching, “Diane! Diane!” “Maureen! Maureen!” was a site to behold! We were then asked to go into the courtroom. I had to switch gears fast as to not lose my focus after that.

Can you say GANG BANG!?Or they ran a serious train on Diane/Maureen..thats just WRONG.
I dont know how one could be in the same room as Diane and not want to kick her ass.

Tiger Lilly

More info about what dumb-ass G-mama did. :laugh

The mother of the boy accusing Michael Jackson of molestation wagged her finger, argued and asked repeatedly for clarification during nearly three hours of testimony about whether she knew a private investigator worked for the singer's former attorney.

The 36-year-old woman, also testified she did not know why she was called to the witness stand, adding she believed the purpose of Friday's hearing was "just to bring me more torture."

As she sat down, she made the sign of the cross, then glanced briefly at Jackson, who was sitting in the courtroom gallery with several members of his family.

Jackson attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. began the day by arguing that he should be able to ask questions that would challenge the woman's credibility. He said she had also once accused the boy's father of molesting him, but the judge said that was irrelevant for now.

During questioning, Mesereau referred repeatedly to a transcript of an interview between Miller and the mother that was conducted on Feb. 16, 2003, just days after her son appeared holding hands with Jackson on a television special.

Mesereau noted the transcript said Miller told her at the beginning and end of the interview that he was a private investigator working for "specifically an attorney named Mark Geragos who works for Michael Jackson."

She would not answer directly when Mesereau repeatedly asked if the document was false.

"I'm not denying it was said." she testified. "I'm saying I don't remember."

Later, when Mesereau noted the interview had also been recorded, she replied, "The tape says the same thing as the paper (transcript), but by their mouths they said different."

The woman said she believed Miller was Jackson's private investigator because someone named "Frank" had told her so before she met Miller. She did not further identify Frank, but later volunteered that "Frank, Vinnie" and others were involved in an alleged conspiracy to imprison her family in March 2003.

Mesereau occasionally seemed exasperated when the woman said she did not understand questions or needed them rephrased. She wagged her finger at him several times to indicate that she believed questions were based of bad information.

When asked if Miller had told her he worked for Geragos, she repeatedly said of Miller, "He's your guy."

During breaks in testimony, she bowed her head and clasped her hands together in prayer.

Source: Associated Press

HeavenSent

More info about what dumb-ass G-mama did. :laugh

Not only is this true: :exorcistDA: but Janet needs a damn exorcist. Making the cross sign before looking at Michael wtf.

Seriously. This woman is ca-raaa-zy.

I swear "this is your guys" is going to make me go postal one day. She sounds retarded.

This woman is really stupid. I can't belive the stupidness of this woman. This is only a hearing and she's already making a big first impression. Just wait untill Jan... only if it gets that far.

~Jamie~

Tiger Lilly

Oh man, it gets worse!!! :crackingu

Originally posted by giveintomeMJ at MJJF
Hi this is Nicole aka "giveintomeMJ" at Diana's
after being inside the court and BevMJ and I would like to insert some firsthand knowledge up in dis thread

"I can't answer your question Mr. Meseareau because that woman behind Mr. Sneddon is whispering" (referring to Katherine)

"Mrs. Doe do you remember when you were suppeoned"
"No, I don't remember but it was around when my child was born because I was thinking of giving birth"
"So when was this?"
"I don't remember"
"You don't remember when your own child was born!?!?!?"
"Oh wait that was July 27th"

Oh the part where she rattled off all 5 co-conspirators by accident b/c she forgot they had numbers to refer to them by. (out of respect i won't name them here)

How she reffered to Zonin and Sneddon as Ron and Tom

when she named ****** in open court "i was giving tom a jacket that michael wanted ****** to wear"

lets not forget the classics :

Referring to transcript of miller interview:
"well thats what you paper says, and thats what the tape says but thats came out of his mouth" as she made a hand motion of something spewing out of her mouth

"Mrs Doe when did u meet Mr. Jackson?"
"August of 2000"
"And according to exhibit 51 (a waiver of attorney-client privledge) you hired a lawyer to investigate Mr. Jackson in January 2000... correct?"
"OBJECTION!!!! IRRELEVENT"

"Mrs Doe so Mr. Jackson imprisioned you 3 times at Neverland, at the Calabasas Inn, anywhere else?"
"I was imprisioned everywhere Michael took us"

"I knew Geragos was bad by association... he was bad because of who he associated with. He was just bad"

"Well that's what Frank said" (her answer to like EVERY question regarding Geragos)

well thats all we're remembering right now... we'll add more later if we think of any...

She doesn't remember when her own child was BORN?! :crackingu It wasn't even that long ago!

I find it too obvious she has a close relationship with Sneddon when she calls him "Tom" in court. :2thinking

And Geragos is just a bad-ass! :laugh