Official April 14 2005

alfredo

Originally posted by Cristine87
OMG, the defense is going to start it's case already? I'm so happy & nervous at the same time.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, the defense is presenting 24 witnesses & then they do there closing statements & then...verdict?

No, the 24 witnesses are the ones TS has a problem with. I'm sure they'll be more than 24 for the defense. Members of Arvizo's own family from my understanding will testify against her according to Mez opening statements (coorect me if I'm wrong- somebody)

Tom Sneddon is a cold man... Tom Sneddon is a dumb man... :sneddoncr

Eva

So...are we dreaming :D or it could really happen and it would come the defence's turn??? :tooexcite And now we can't get the transcripts :extremely ...ahhhh!!!!!

sunny2005

Originally posted by Cristine87
That's what's so ridiculous & ludacris about the whole thing, Sneddon is basically asking the court to not allow Michael to defend himself. That's bullshit, that interferes with his right to a fair trial!
I agree one hundred percent with you, and it angers me so much that this idiot prosecutor can get away with almost anything with that alcoholic judge, are they so stupid to think that the whole world cant see what they are doing? it will come back to haunt them if Michael gets and unfair trial and he ends up convicted, the whole world will make such a huge deal out of it that someone would have to do something right away to reverse that verdict im getting so mad just talking about it i cant even type.

thiller4ever

Update from CTV Board news Repoter DD:

DD: Prosecution was going to show an edited compilation of surveillance tapes made by Michael Jackson of the complainant's family; Mesereau objected to the edits. There was a "dust-up" between Zonen and Mesereau--Zonen said to Mesereau, "You agreed to a stipulation on these edits" and Mesereau said "I did not!" and Zonen said, "He's lying!" and the judge admonished both sides.

Zonen said, "Fine, we'll just show each individual tape then" but the court had to take a break because all of the detectives are at Detective Steve Robel's father's funeral and they had to find someone to bring the original tapes from the Santa Barbara PD.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Eva
Shouldn't ONLY Zonen be admonished?!?!?! :extremely
Remember, this is Dimond reporting. If Zonen really got reemed out by this judge, she'll try to say they were "both" admonished. So, yeah, I don't trust her reporting on this at all. She also said that the jury was "really connecting" with the mother yesterday when it turns out that by the end of the day, there weren't even looking at her, some were shaking their heads while she testified. So ya know.

Off_the_wall

Liberiangirl @ mjjf

Extended CTV update:

D: Today has been a day of corroboration, corroboration, and corrobroation!

The mother related the events surrounding the rebuttal tape, and the CPS interview. The tape was presented to court to backed her testimony up.

She related that the children were taken out of school. The daughter taken out of school without her knowledge, and the boys taken out with a destination of Phoenix, Arizona, again without her knowledge. The documents were presented in court to confirm her testimony. The papers not in her hand-writting.

She related the incident of the trip to the hospital for the urine test and how it had been spilled by Vinnie Amen.

She related how she and her then boyfriend made a plan to get the children out of Neverland. She said that they had to make up a story about her father being very very ill in order to get the Neverland employees to allow her children to come to the grandparents home.

Afterwards.....a man at the front door writing a note and slipping it under the door....his name was Johnnie. The note was presented as evidence. Note said to contact Frank or Vinnie right away - emergency.

DD: Every step of the way there was EVIDENCE!

Mesereau came unglued in the court room and there was an argument between Zonan and Mesereau!!! One of them accused the other of lying and demanded a polygraph! The judge had to step in and break it up, telling both sides that they talk to him not to each other.

It was Vinnie Amen who took them to get passports, and all the applications were presented in court.

maintenant

Originally posted by thiller4ever
Ok sorry for how i act. Anyways any updates on what is going on right now?

thiller4ever--there's nothing wrong with how you acted--this trial IS hard and even though reasonable people think that Michael's got this thing in the bag, it is still painful to listen to this stream of crooks saying terrible things about him and then having some of the news media reporting what they say for the sensational effect and ignoring the cross-examinations (but not all news media, fortunately). In my view, Michael needs not ONLY to be judged innocent, but to ALSO be vindicated. Many people simply will assume that this is another O.J.-type celebrity trial, that he really is guilty but that his money got him the best defense possible and so he got off. That's not what I would like the general public to believe, I would like them to decide, "Gee, so he really WAS innocent." I know that's not apt to happen, but I can still DESIRE that outcome. But that's because I am convinced that he IS innocent--I don't need the jury to tell me. And that's not because I am a "crazed fan," but that these accusations do not make sense with all the rest of the things that we know about him. He simply doesn't come across in any action as a child HURTER.

skywriter

From CTV board:

DD: Was asked what's next after the mother's testimony and cross is finished? DD said that we go back to a few more 1108 witesses.

(shamon_yunno,,,kop)

WTF???

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Mike just left the courtroom a few minutes ago.
-he was talked to Susan Yu and gave her a hug
-he was talking to Mesereau, who was smiling and he gave Mesereau the thumbs-up sign
:D

Eva

Originally posted by whisper
Remember, this is Dimond reporting. If Zonen really got reemed out by this judge, she'll try to say they were "both" admonished. So, yeah, I don't trust her reporting on this at all. She also said that the jury was "really connecting" with the mother yesterday when it turns out that by the end of the day, there weren't even looking at her, some were shaking their heads while she testified. So ya know.

yeah, i know what u mean...

sunny2005

Originally posted by skywriter
From CTV board:

DD: Was asked what's next after the mother's testimony and cross is finished? DD said that we go back to a few more 1108 witesses.

(shamon_yunno,,,kop)

WTF???
now im confused, skynews says no and now ctv says a few more witnesses. jeez, when is this insane case going to end?
this is for sneddy :buttkiss: