Official April 18, 2005

Off_the_wall

The mother of Michael Jackson's accuser lashed out at the pop star from the witness stand Monday, declaring that Jackson "really didn't care about children, he cared about what he was doing with children."

She looked at Jackson across the courtroom and said: "He managed to fool the world. Now, because of this criminal case, people know who he really is."

hell! that is LOW!

MystiqueX2004

One of the key things in the mother's testimony is the facts that during all this time that she was "imprisoned" or "involuntarily separated from her kids" she was able to pamper herself and indulge in things that she wanted. I tell you, I would love to be kidnapped like that any day. Especially when Michael Jackson is my kidnapper!! :popcorn

ThrillerGirl_

Janet is digging her own grave. The more bullshit she let's out from her outh, as worse it gets. As if anyone would believe her after that??? If they think the jury will be convinced by that they got some serious problems. All those things she said bout michael.. How low can her ass sink??

sistahlamb

Damn sometimes I wish there were cameras in that courtroom so they could replay here whole testimony so far and she can see herself the way the rest of the world sees her.

So, the prosecution announced last week that the mother will be thier last witness to take the stand on thier behalf. Therfore, thier case is over after she leaves the stand right?
But lately I've heard alot of stuff that the prosecution still has several more witness for thier case!
I'm not sure at all if this is true, can someone confirm this?

A

Anonymous

Jackson accused of fooling the world
Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:31 PM BST

By Dan Whitcomb and Alexandria Sage
SANTA MARIA, California (Reuters) - Michael Jackson "managed to fool the world" and cared more about what he was doing with children than for them, the mother of the singer's teen accuser declared in an emotional outburst at his child sex abuse trial on Monday.

"He really didn't care about children. He just cared about what he was doing with the children," the woman said in a series of testy exchanges with Jackson's defence team.

"He's managed to fool the world and I was just one woman inside of that. What he puts out to the world is not who he really is. Now because of this criminal case, people know who he really is," she said.

Despite objections by the defence, Santa Barbara Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville declined to strike her remarks from the record on what was a second day of fraught cross-examination of one of the trial's major witnesses.

Defence attorney Tom Mesereau, who has produced evidence that the mother had a habit of latching onto celebrities for favours, had asked her about a police interview in which she noted that despite Jackson's wealth he did not hire a tutor for her son during the time they spent together.

The defence has sought to portray the woman as a liar and a swindler and has argued Jackson was an innocent and generous benefactor who became a victim of her schemes.

The woman is the linchpin of prosecution charge that Jackson conspired to keep her and her son against their will at his Neverland ranch and at a Southern California hotel in February and March 2003.

PRISON IF CONVICTED

Jackson, 46, is also charged with molesting the woman's son in early 2003 and plying the boy with alcohol in order to abuse him. The performer, who has pleaded innocent, faces more than 20 years in prison if convicted.

The woman testified tearfully last week that she had seen Jackson repeatedly licking the head of her sleeping son while on a private plane flight.

Mesereau on Monday pressed her to explain how many times she had let her son return to Neverland after that incident. "That was poor judgment on my part," she conceded.

Mesereau quizzed her about a claim for disability the woman filed in the late 1990s, citing depression, in which she said she was "sad about being a nobody."

"I'm still a nobody," she countered three times in reply.

Mesereau also asked why she had mentioned the names of Jackson and basketball star Kobe Bryant in an interview with police in 2001 when she was reporting domestic problems with her now ex-husband.

"That's because (my husband) was calling me a whore and said I was having sex with these people," she said.

On Friday, Mesereau asked the woman repeatedly to answer his questions directly. Instead, she responded with rambling asides. Melville stepped in to caution both sides.

The mother testified last week that she was harassed and intimidated by Jackson aides in the weeks following the broadcast of a damaging 2003 TV documentary about the singer.

In the documentary, Jackson defended his practice of sharing his bed with children and was seen holding hands with the boy, a recovering cancer patient, who became his accuser.

On Monday, the woman was forced to acknowledge again that there were people she could have called on for help, including a lawyer who was dealing with her relationship with her estranged husband, but that she never did.

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml...=rss/uk/topNews

-------------
Can you really believe Melville? What the FU.CK.

I am aware that striking comments really doesn't have any effect since the jury hears it anyway...but still. If there is anything he should strike that is it!

I am so angry, I can't believe this mess.

First he interferes with Mesereau's strategy, then he won't let Michael go to the bathroom. You know? I think his ass is just mad that the defense is tearing this stupid bitch up.

Watch him show his true colors when the defense has their turn.

Aaliyah

r501183712.jpg

r3675192816.jpg

HeavenSent

Comments like "Michael fooling the world" hits below the belt. When it comes to Michael helping children, she's basically saying all the good he's done was all a masquerade.

Aaliyah

Accuser's Mom Says Jackson Fooled World

By LINDA DEUTSCH
AP Special Correspondent

April 18, 2005, 5:33 PM EDT

SANTA MARIA, Calif. -- The mother of Michael Jackson's accuser lashed out at the pop star from the witness stand Monday, declaring that Jackson "really didn't care about children, he cared about what he was doing with children."

The woman resisted answering questions by defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. and began her fourth day on the witness stand by making speeches to the jury.

She looked at Jackson across the courtroom and said: "He managed to fool the world. Now, because of this criminal case, people know who he really is."

Jackson is accused of molesting one of the woman's sons -- a teenage cancer patient -- in February or March 2003, giving the boy alcohol and conspiring to hold the boy's family captive to get them to rebut a TV documentary about the singer.

During another combative day on the stand, the woman admitted that she once told sheriff's deputies she feared Jackson had a plan for her and her family to disappear from his Neverland ranch in a hot air balloon.

However, she accused Mesereau of taking the comment out of context. "I told police that (Jackson associates) had many ways to make us disappear," she said.

"And someone mentioned to you a hot air balloon?" Mesereau asked.

"That was one of the ways," she said.

The mother also denied repeatedly that Jackson or anyone associated with him had tried to help her and her family when her son was stricken with cancer.

Asked whether Jackson arranged a blood drive at his Neverland ranch, she said, "I was responsible for that."

She then launched into an explanation about how the hospital would provide a bloodmobile anywhere she could arrange such an event.

"And Mr. Jackson allowed you to use the ranch for the blood drive?" asked Mesereau.

"Yes, this is correct," the woman said. But she added, "He wasn't the only one. Many church groups gathered."

Mesereau also elicited testimony that the woman received checks for $20,000 and deposited them in her mother's bank account. But she said she could not remember how any of the money had been used for her son.

She also said she opened a bank account in which people could deposit money for her son's benefit.

"Did you withdraw thousands of dollars from that account?" Mesereau asked.

"Yes," said the woman.

"And was any of that money for medical expenses?" the attorney asked.

"No," she said.

She denied that she misled a reporter for a local newspaper into writing a story saying the family was poverty-stricken and was paying $12,000 for each chemotherapy treatment the boy received. The story included an address to send contributions.

She said that the $12,000 figure was a typographical error and that she meant $1,200.

But she acknowledged ultimately that the family was paying for nothing because the father's health insurance covered the boy's treatment.

Mesereau led her through questions and answers involving her relationship with comedian Chris Tucker and his girlfriend Aja, and she denied that the family solicited help, money or any other gifts from Tucker.

She acknowledged that Tucker once gave the family a car, but she said she never asked him to do that and asserted that he only did it because he had gotten his girlfriend a car and needed to make room for it.

Mesereau pressed her on whether she made any attempts to get help during the family's alleged period of captivity.

"Did you complain to anyone in the building that crimes were being committed against you and your family?" Mesereau asked.

"No, but I am now," she said.

Mesereau also noted that the woman was able to telephone comedian Louise Palanker during the alleged captivity.

"If you could call (Palanker), why couldn't you call police?" Mesereau said.

"I couldn't. I was hoping she could," the woman responded.

Mesereau then asked, "You didn't call 911?"

"I have now," the woman said.

* __

Associated Press Writer Tim Molloy contributed to this report.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/news/...nment-headlines

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by HeavenSent
Comments like "Michael fooling the world" hits below the belt. When it comes to Michael helping children, she's basically saying all the good he's done was all a masquerade.

Did you read about where she said that Michael was going to ship them away in a hot air balloon? :crackingu

I can just imagine them floating away into infinity. DAMN why didn't Michael go through with it?

:laugh
I KNOW that Michael isn't stupid enough to think that sending them to Brazil...let alone any part of this earth was going to keep them from ever saying anything. Come on.

Brazil?

That is a fu*cking joke.

I'm getting more angry by the minute.

Tiger Lilly

During another combative day on the stand, the woman admitted that she once told sheriff's deputies she feared Jackson had a plan for her and her family to disappear from his Neverland ranch in a hot air balloon.

However, she accused Mesereau of taking the comment out of context. "I told police that (Jackson associates) had many ways to make us disappear," she said.

Oh hell no! Tell me she didn't say that! :crackingu Actually tell me she did cos it's so funny it's unbelievable! A hot air balloon??? Riiiiiight.... They'd get far in that! :bustbubbl

:sneddoncr Sneddumb shamed! :D

HeavenSent

051.jpg

This will cheer you up, Vicky. Gurl I've quit trying to compile her nutty remarks. Now look, I love this pic for some reason. He's looks so dedicated and determined! Probably cussing at the damn boxes under his breath, :D

Love you, Mez!

A

Anonymous

And about that Brazil trip? What was going to happen after he left them there?

They fall into poverty? They wouldn't know how to communicate...? It's just illogical. Then when people here start to say 'Hey, where did the Arvizo's go?' What?

Michael just says...'I don't know!'

Kiss my ass.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by HeavenSent
051.jpg

This will cheer you up, Vicky. Gurl I've quit trying to compile her nutty remarks. Now look, I love this pic for some reason. He's looks so dedicated and determined! Probably cussing at the damn boxes under his breath, :D

Love you, Mez!

Awww. I'm glad that Michael got him. :D

ThrillerGirl_

Will she still be on the stand tomorrow?

Michael still smiling after all this BS. I admire his strenght! I love you Michael.
Love you Mez!

Aaliyah

From MJJF

Mike Taibbi
"She had sued originally for 3 million dollars plus, and had asked for other things; that her children be involved in commercials for Penney's et cetera. And was in fact what the lawyer for JC Penney's described as the 'make it go away' number. On the eve of the trial they had a settlement conference and said "what's the minimal amount that will make it go away?" And that was it, $137,000 from Penney's, and $15,000 from Tower Records."

Off_the_wall

OMG... :crackingu