Official May 6 2005 Thread

THIS HAS TO BE FUNNY!! http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7762005/

Rage at the prosecutor
Readers weigh in on whether
Jackson case has been proven Most readers felt Sneddon was unable to effective make his case against Jackson.
MSNBC
Updated: 5:27 p.m. ET May 6, 2005As prosecutors in the the Michael Jackson case wound up their case, we wondered whether they had really done enough to prove the molestation and conspiracy charges against the King of Pop.

Most of you felt, emphatically, that they hadn't. And many of you specifically blamed District Attorney Thomas Sneddon, who has long attempted to bring charges against Jackson for his behavior toward young boys.

Did Sneddon manage to make an effective case to jurors? Some of your thoughts:

Jackson will walk
"No. The allegations of the accusers were seriously compromised by the bizarre actions and uneven testimony of the alleged victim's mother. In fact, the whole family appears sadly dysfunctional and in need of help. Michael Jackson's confirmed fixation with young boys is sickening, but the prosecution's case against him is flimsy and full of inconsistencies." -John, Lafayette, La.

"Hell no! It's obvious that they just want to bring another big-time black man down. Modern day lynching is alive and well in America." -Reggie, Delray Beach, Fla.

"No, although I think Jackson should seek some serious, serious counseling. I have to think Sneddon should join Jackson for counseling as well." -Tom, San Diego, Calif.

"The prosecution has done all but prove the DEFENSE'S case at this point. Their witnesses all lacked the credibility needed to prosecute such a case, and all their creepy stories combined can't touch the fact that the defense is going to seal this deal with their witnesses." -Marsha, Cleveland, Ohio

"The prosecution looks like amateurs in need of the lesson they are about to receive. That's how to lose a case from blindsided witnesses and not doing their homework." -Sam, Washington, Utah

"It's like an episode of the Simpsons with Homer as the lead prosecutor." -Gina, Tenn.

"No. Why do we keep going on an on about this? I'm not a fan of Michael, but there has been nothing to suggest to me that he has done anything other than be a little crazy. I don't have enough hands to count the number of stars that have gone crazy, drugs, etc. Let the man go home to his ranch and let him be crazy by himself." -Eugene, Louisville, Ky.

"No, all they have proven is what we already knew, Jackson is one of the strangest human beings on the planet, but they have not proven that he is a pedophile." -Judith, Frisco, Texas

Sneddon's shortfalls
"The prosecutors' job is not only to determine if a crime has been committed, but also weigh the evidence to determine if a conviction is possible. ... Is Sneddon so incompetent that he did not foresee the numerous holes in his case? Or did Sneddon use the alleged victims as a pretext to pursue his own private war?" -Eric, Milwaukee, Wis.

"Tom Sneddon is a fool full of revenge. If it wasn't personal, he would have let someone else lead the prosecution." -Mark, Anna, Texas

"Jackson's prosecutors have not only NOT proven their case, they have made a mockery of the entire process. Tom Sneddon appears like a backwoods hillbilly trying to go after Jackson, apparently because of an old grudge that really amounts to his own prejudice for someone who is different than him." -Gregg, Sausalito, Calif.

Having doubts
"I'm not sure that they have proven a case against MJ but I know that if you are a predator you know which victims to prey on and which ones you need to just leave alone." -Gil, Pico Rivera, Calif.

"While the prosecution witnesses may have had a 'tendency to self-destruct,' perhaps we need to see (though I doubt it) if the defense witnesses will follow the same pattern." -Larry, Springfield, Mo.

But did prosecutors prove it?
"Yes, of course. If it looks like a duck, quacks like one, walks like one and smells like one, it has always been a duck, even a really weird one." -Dante, San Francisco, Calif.

"I am a huge fan of Michael Jackson's but I truly believe that he is guilty of the allegations set forth against him. I believe that the prosecution has done a great job proving their case." -Deanna, Erie, Pa.

"Yes, they have. You see, Michael Jackson makes sure that he involves himself with people who have 'character flaws.' Do you think for one minute Jackson would try to sleep with son of a Harvard graduate? Give me a break." -Karen, Dedham, Mass.

"Is common sense lost? You don't give $2.4 million to someone for nothing. You don't give $20 million to someone for nothing. You don't beg for children to sleep with you. Unless, of course, you are a pedophile." -Melissa, Vilonia, Ark.

"In my mind, yes. It is obvious that the defense witnesses are not going to testify against him as his past history shows large cash payouts. One would expect his former wife to testify in his favor considering the fact she now has a nice home in Beverly Hills and is reported to receive $1 million per year." -Jim, Woodland Hills, Calif.

Blame California
"Yes, but what difference does it make? Michael Jackson will walk, you can count on it. This is California!" -Bruce, Nashville, Tenn.

"Not only have they NOT proved their case, they should be brought up on charges themselves. It seems that California hires the worst justice system possible. They are more interested in seeing themselves on TV or as a superstar than in getting to the truth." -Betty, Louisville, Colo.

Some comments edited for length and clarity.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by Frenchy
Guys, relax... I knew this would happen. :lol:

Again, the persecution is a bunch of a**holes. But in the end, it all comes down to ONE thing: we really don't have a say here. The jury is all that matters because they are the ones who decide. And they don't know Sneddon's tactics.

In the meantime, please be so kind as to stop treating me like I'm Diane Demon. please. :sneddoncr

I don't think any one here claims to have a say in the final decision. But we can express our opinions. My opinion is that it's crap.

:)

Aaliyah

345,http%3A%2F%2Fus.news2.yimg.com%2Fus.yimg.com%2Fp%2Fap%2F20050506%2Fcapt.camm11005062126.michael_jackson_camm110.jpg

Tiger Lilly

Maybe us fans are biased. But I think we're pretty well informed about this case. We know our stuff. If I had a shread of doubt about Michael in my mind I know I for one would not be here supporting him like I do.

But that's just me.

A

Anonymous

"It's like an episode of the Simpsons with Homer as the lead prosecutor." -Gina, Tenn.

I like that one the best.

The person that commented on Debbie getting $1 million payments is clearly not up to date. That's the whole reason the prosecution called her. She's been cut off completely. They expected her to have major grudges. :laugh

Cristine87

Originally posted by koprulestheworld

"Yes, of course. If it looks like a duck, quacks like one, walks like one and smells like one, it has always been a duck, even a really weird one." -Dante, San Francisco, Calif.
If we all had that attitude, alot of innocent people would be put in jail!

A

Anonymous

When do you think we will know how strong is our team?

All i said she is a big girl that all.

Seriously, what the **** is wrong with you?

Tiger Lilly

All i said she is a big girl that all.
That's not nice to say when she's defending our Michael.
When do you think we will know how strong is our team?
OMG have you actually been following this case over the past few months??

:hitting

Calm down please iam just asking that dont get mad. I have a hard time trying to say what i want to say that all.

yes i have

Eboni

THIS HAS TO BE FUNNY!! http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7762005/

Rage at the prosecutor
Readers weigh in on whether
Jackson case has been proven Most readers felt Sneddon was unable to effective make his case against Jackson.
MSNBC
Updated: 5:27 p.m. ET May 6, 2005As prosecutors in the the Michael Jackson case wound up their case, we wondered whether they had really done enough to prove the molestation and conspiracy charges against the King of Pop.

Most of you felt, emphatically, that they hadn't. And many of you specifically blamed District Attorney Thomas Sneddon, who has long attempted to bring charges against Jackson for his behavior toward young boys.

Did Sneddon manage to make an effective case to jurors? Some of your thoughts:

Jackson will walk
"No. The allegations of the accusers were seriously compromised by the bizarre actions and uneven testimony of the alleged victim's mother. In fact, the whole family appears sadly dysfunctional and in need of help. Michael Jackson's confirmed fixation with young boys is sickening, but the prosecution's case against him is flimsy and full of inconsistencies." -John, Lafayette, La.

"Hell no! It's obvious that they just want to bring another big-time black man down. Modern day lynching is alive and well in America." -Reggie, Delray Beach, Fla.

"No, although I think Jackson should seek some serious, serious counseling. I have to think Sneddon should join Jackson for counseling as well." -Tom, San Diego, Calif.

"The prosecution has done all but prove the DEFENSE'S case at this point. Their witnesses all lacked the credibility needed to prosecute such a case, and all their creepy stories combined can't touch the fact that the defense is going to seal this deal with their witnesses." -Marsha, Cleveland, Ohio

"The prosecution looks like amateurs in need of the lesson they are about to receive. That's how to lose a case from blindsided witnesses and not doing their homework." -Sam, Washington, Utah

"No. Why do we keep going on an on about this? I'm not a fan of Michael, but there has been nothing to suggest to me that he has done anything other than be a little crazy. I don't have enough hands to count the number of stars that have gone crazy, drugs, etc. Let the man go home to his ranch and let him be crazy by himself." -Eugene, Louisville, Ky.

"No, all they have proven is what we already knew, Jackson is one of the strangest human beings on the planet, but they have not proven that he is a pedophile." -Judith, Frisco, Texas

Sneddon's shortfalls
"The prosecutors' job is not only to determine if a crime has been committed, but also weigh the evidence to determine if a conviction is possible. ... Is Sneddon so incompetent that he did not foresee the numerous holes in his case? Or did Sneddon use the alleged victims as a pretext to pursue his own private war?" -Eric, Milwaukee, Wis.

"Tom Sneddon is a fool full of revenge. If it wasn't personal, he would have let someone else lead the prosecution." -Mark, Anna, Texas

"Jackson's prosecutors have not only NOT proven their case, they have made a mockery of the entire process. Tom Sneddon appears like a backwoods hillbilly trying to go after Jackson, apparently because of an old grudge that really amounts to his own prejudice for someone who is different than him." -Gregg, Sausalito, Calif.

Having doubts
"I'm not sure that they have proven a case against MJ but I know that if you are a predator you know which victims to prey on and which ones you need to just leave alone." -Gil, Pico Rivera, Calif.

"While the prosecution witnesses may have had a 'tendency to self-destruct,' perhaps we need to see (though I doubt it) if the defense witnesses will follow the same pattern." -Larry, Springfield, Mo.

But did prosecutors prove it?

"I am a huge fan of Michael Jackson's but I truly believe that he is guilty of the allegations set forth against him. I believe that the prosecution has done a great job proving their case." -Deanna, Erie, Pa.

"Yes, they have. You see, Michael Jackson makes sure that he involves himself with people who have 'character flaws.' Do you think for one minute Jackson would try to sleep with son of a Harvard graduate? Give me a break." -Karen, Dedham, Mass.

"Is common sense lost? You don't give $2.4 million to someone for nothing. You don't give $20 million to someone for nothing. You don't beg for children to sleep with you. Unless, of course, you are a pedophile." -Melissa, Vilonia, Ark.

"In my mind, yes. It is obvious that the defense witnesses are not going to testify against him as his past history shows large cash payouts. One would expect his former wife to testify in his favor considering the fact she now has a nice home in Beverly Hills and is reported to receive $1 million per year." -Jim, Woodland Hills, Calif.

Blame California
"Yes, but what difference does it make? Michael Jackson will walk, you can count on it. This is California!" -Bruce, Nashville, Tenn.

"Not only have they NOT proved their case, they should be brought up on charges themselves. It seems that California hires the worst justice system possible. They are more interested in seeing themselves on TV or as a superstar than in getting to the truth." -Betty, Louisville, Colo.

Some comments edited for length and clarity.

All of the people whose comments are against Michael's innocence, clearly does not get their news from the right sources.

-If they would STOP READING THE RAGS that are being sold and STOP WATCHING THE SKEEZERS like DD and company then they might, just might be able to realize that Michael is INNOCENT!!!!

-The 'persecution' has only proved that they are a nasty bunch who'll stop at nothing to bring an innocent person down.

-WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!

-WAKE THE f**K UP DAMN IT!!!!!

-Stop saying crap about Michael when you know that this 'case' is :bs

MJISHOT

Calm down please iam just asking that dont get mad. I have a hard time trying to say what i want to say that all.

yes i have

i beg to differ!

We all know that Michael Jackson did not do the crime but he should not have sleepover just in case stuff like this wont happen 10 years from now.

MJISHOT

We all know that Michael Jackson did not do the crime but he should not have sleepover just in case stuff like this wont happen 10 years from now.
OMFG!!! :crackingu

Tiger Lilly

And who are you (or any of us) to decide what he should and should not do?!

HeavenSent

Rest assured Michael is not going to put himself in such a vulnerable position again.

He's already issued a statement. To ever have to endure putting your life on whole like this just breaks my heart.

Tiger Lilly

You know I could deal with her before, but even I'm losing patience now! :extremely We've had Michael and botox, sleepovers, and comments on people's weight today alone!