Official April 25 2005 Thread

Tabloid Junkie

Originally posted by whisper
No, wait for a non-Court TV report. Guthrie has been one-sided all day today.

Has she really? She always seems fair to me....I mean...she's always been the 'un' Dimond reporter.

Tabloid Junkie

Originally posted by knightrider3000
I hate to say this but sometimes DD is fair dont you guys think so??

I totally agree. Sometimes though...

Anyways...

25/04/2005 20:32:28 Michael Jackson Expected To Win Trial
Michael Jackson is headed for a big win at his high-profile child molestation trial, according to a lawyer closely watching the case.

In an interview with CTV's Canada AM on Monday, Steven Skurka said that, so far, the pop star appears to have the upper hand.

"This may surprise you, but right now Michael Jackson isn't just winning this case, he's winning it by lot," the Canada AM legal analyst said, basing his prediction on a series of critical prosecution errors.

Their biggest mistake, Skurka said, was to link allegations the 46-year-old pop star molested a young fan, to claims the accuser's whole family had been held hostage at Neverland Ranch.

When the accuser's mother took to the stand with those claims, she "turned out to be a wacky witness who lied under oath," Skurka added.

"She was so bad that the prosecution had to try to call an expert witness to say the reason she was so paranoid, the reason she was so dishonest, is because she was abused."

Mack Dogg

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie

"She was so bad that the prosecution had to try to call an expert witness to say the reason she was so paranoid, the reason she was so dishonest, is because she was abused."

...and fail to get him to appear!!

:lol:

Tabloid Junkie

Dimond: Tom Mesereau really got into the fact he had once sued Michael Jackson. He owed $1.4 million to Michael Jackson along with another group of employees he never paid a dime and at one point he said, "isn't it true you were caught stealing gasoline from neverland at one time?" This man, abdool, a muslim, with a full beard, very religious, I'm told, sat back and said, no. What are you -- I would never steal gasoline and he was presented with a document he said, "oh, I remember what you're talking about now. I went and ran an errand with my private car. I was almost out of gas and they let me put 3 gallons in. I replaced three gallons there at the ranch and told my boss all about it. I didn't think I was stealing anything. And, and I remember them making a big deal out of it. That was a time at the ranch where everybody was back biting everybody else because the boss was in trouble and nobody wanted to take responsibility for anything", so it wasn't a terrible cross-examination. But it wasn't great, either. He got him on stealing the -- selling the story to tabloids.

Bowes: Abdool to me, was a softlyspoken man. Seemed to be very earnest. Seemed to have a demeanor of someone who is meticulously honest. I think the jurors -- they were following him intently. Every word he said. But he does have an issue, this problem that many other witnesses have, there was a lawsuit he lost to Michael Jackson. The financial issues. The alterior motive as Michael Jackson would see it. He isn't this squeaky clean witness that's I'm sure the prosecution would like to see.

(If Dimond makes a point to say it wasn't a 'terrible' cross-examination, chances are it went very well)

knightrider3000

Michael was hugging Brian Oxman going in to court. Oxman stayed in court. I think the defense knows exactly what's going down. Could someone else be coming in?

Aaliyah

52694349.jpg

sistahlamb

I wonder why Brian Oxman was dismissed from the defence team. And will he be replaced or will it remain the way it is now?

I think Debbie Rowe will testify tomorrow. I'm quite interested in what her testimony will be about.